Ideas
One idea that I have been thinking about for some time is allowing sniper shots to pass through players. I am pretty sure it wont cause a great disruption in the weapon balance/ gameplay and it would be great to see double headshots :)
Thanks given by:
DOUBLE HEADSHOT?!
[Image: double_rainbow_tshirt-p235000727806725818qw9u_400.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't know if you can already do this, cause i don't run a server, but what if server's could have different rotations for different amounts of players. so if more people are on the server (probably be checked at intermission) it would choose a bigger map (or just a map specified in the 'lots of players' rot) or if less people were on, it would pick from a different rotation.
Thanks given by:
Lantry: maprots already do this.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 08:13PM)Gibstick should have Wrote: Lantry: maprots already do this have this ability, but it's not always used.

Thanks given by:
Solve the problem where custom menus are duplicated if autoexec.cfg is executed manually in-game.
(I don't mean to sound lazy, it's just that there are several ways to solve this; probably a "delmenu" command would be the easiest.)
Thanks given by:
More output in verbose console logs!!

There are a few things I consider important missing in the output of the console so I figured I would request they be added.

First one is whether a vote fails or passes. I know you can try to keep track of the ratio and guess whether a vote passes or fails but it would be nicer to be told hey the vote just passed or hey the vote failed.

The second one is team switches. I am currently working on a log parsing script and its hard to keep track of when people switch teams other then parsing the table that comes up each round. Again would be nice to have the same output as ingame where you get to see when they switch.

Thats really the 2 biggest things that I think need to be added to the console output. In console, syslog and file log. Of course I'll leave it up to you guys on what level of verbosity it shows up in :P
Thanks given by:
Optional audio/visual cue(s) when coming within a configurable range (in cubes) of an enemy. Nothing position revealing, just, something to increase awareness. :p
Thanks given by:
/footsteps 1?
Thanks given by:
Those aren't very noticeable unless you have ninja-like hearing... or really good headphones.
Maybe make the footsteps louder/more clear?
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 12:08AM)VenteX Wrote: Those aren't very noticeable unless you have ninja-like hearing... or really good headphones.
Maybe make the footsteps louder/more clear?

I believe you can change the volume and range in sounds.cfg.
Thanks given by:
Came up with this idea with MaiMeeTur: Bot profiles. Players of Perfect Dark will probably understand this really well.

Basicly, bots would have a certain playing style that they stick to throughout the game. Bot adding would be like "/addbot SniperBot 3 SomeName" (the number being for difficulty, from 1-3) Some examples: (me posting the way I like to post, it's a massive bulleted list that I don't expect anyone to swear by)
  • SniperBot: Sniper Rifle user- tries to keep distance and, well, snipes (high level adds things like chances of headshotting)
  • SprayBot: SMG user- gets up close and spams (lower level- more spraying, more prone to shout YAIYAIYAI)
  • SlugBot: Shotgun user- Gets in your face. (higher level tries to get closer and/or uses pistol when too far)
  • AssaultBot: AR user- Stays at a decent distance and lets at it. (higher level knows to burstfire at distance)
  • RifleBot: Carbine user- Similar to SniperBot, but with a carbine O_o
  • RandomBot: All of the above, changing weapons at death.
Sorry for any messiness in the post, it's hard to phrase everything clearly.
Thanks given by:
assaultbot: don't forget to strafe+dodge!
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 01:47AM)Lantry Wrote: assaultbot: don't forget to strafe+dodge!

Please don't tell me you only do that with the AR...
Thanks given by:
lets just remove the bots
Thanks given by:
Fix the bots from hacking there way outside of the playerclips.

[Image: 20110220_031137_ac_depot_BDM.jpg]

O_O I was gonna blacklist this guy but am afraid he'll hack my computer cuz hes a H4XX0R.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:16AM)Viper Wrote: Fix the bots from hacking there way outside of the playerclips.

[Image: 20110220_031137_ac_depot_BDM.jpg]

O_O I was gonna blacklist this guy but am afraid he'll hack my computer cuz hes a H4XX0R.

I tried to follow them...
Thanks given by:
Addition of command animations and option to toggle said animations.

Command animations could be something simple like waving teamates in to the enemy base or telling them to halt with your hand.

Then I guess there's room for fun command animations such as slapbots. AC is an IRC client afterall and I'd love to see players slapping each other with bricks and fish.
Thanks given by:
And the Queen of England. (Bukz)

- Open up the loadcrosshair command's (apparently planned) ability to load specific crosshairs for specific weapons.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 05:24AM)Mael Wrote: Addition of command animations and option to toggle said animations.

Command animations could be something simple like waving teamates in to the enemy base or telling them to halt with your hand.

Then I guess there's room for fun command animations such as slapbots. AC is an IRC client afterall and I'd love to see players slapping each other with bricks and fish.

YES.
Thanks given by:
A "write2cfg" command that would append .cfg files with the given string. The first argument could be the file to write to, if it already exists, just append, if it doesn't exist, create + write. This would open up a whole world of possibilities but one example would be self-installing scripts.

Pseudo-code:

if (checkalias wrote2autoexec) [] [alias wrote2autoexec 0]
if $wrote2autoexec [] [alias wrote2autoexec 1; write2cfg config/autoexec [alias mapstartalways [echo Hello World!]]]

arg1 = path/filename w/o extension
arg2 = string to write

And a few other idents to play along with it:

"strstrcfg" - searches entire .cfg files for x and returns 1 if it finds it, else returns 0.
"strcmpcfg" - searches entire .cfg files for an exact match of string y and returns 1 if it finds it, else returns 0.

More pseudo-code:

if (strstrcfg config/autoexec "countloop") [] [write2cfg config/autoexec [alias countloop [loop i 10 [echo (+ $i 1)]]]] // Writes the countloop script to the autoexec.cfg if the word "countloop" is nowhere to be found in the autoexec.cfg already

if (strcmpcfg config/menus_settings.cfg "newmenu [My Custom Settings Menu]") [] [write2cfg config/menus_settings.cfg [newmenu [My Custom Settings Menu]; menuitemslider [Gun sway: ] 0 1 [$maxroll] 1 ["enabled" "disabled"] [nosway $arg1]]]// Writes the custom menu to menus_settings.cfg only if the exact string "newmenu [My Custom Settings Menu]" is nowhere to be found in menus_settings.cfg already
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 07:12AM)Bukz Wrote: A "write2cfg" command that would append .cfg files with the given string. The first argument could be the file to write to, if it already exists, just append, if it doesn't exist, create + write. This would open up a whole world of possibilities but one example would be self-installing scripts.

this could be done with a batch file (although it would be very time consuming to set up), however, i definitely would not advocate running .bat files that you downloaded off the internet, so this command would be a good way to do this.
Thanks given by:
No joke.
- separate consoles for system messages and chat
Thanks given by:
heres an awesome idea... a microsoft sam voice pack for assaultcube.
"i'm on your team man!" "i'm coming in with the flag" lol
Thanks given by:
You make it.
Post to Akimbo and link on the scripts thread when you're done. :-P
Thanks given by:
Combination select:

/addtoselection x y xs ys
/subfromselection x y xs ys

Translate the selection(Not the cubes selected but the selection box itself):

/transselect x y

Editable entity heights. Option to edit heights of all entities of one or all types.

/editheightent type adjustment[Translates by $adjustment. Leave it as 0 if setting a value for $position] position[Optional; sets height to value $position]
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 09:17PM)Mael Wrote: Combination select:

/addtoselection x y xs ys
/subfromselection x y xs ys
In theory, would this cause a selection to be able to leave the limits of rectangularity?

Quote:Translate the selection(Not the cubes selected but the selection box itself):

/transselect x y
If I read your request correctly, I think this script should do what you want. Can't remember if it's in the latest tools.cfg or not, but it'll be in the next one for sure.
// shiftsel -- Takes the current selection and moves it a given amount -- by V-Man
// Can take integers representing (x, y) coordinates or characters representing cardinal directions.
alias shiftsel [
if (isint $arg1) [
selx (+ $selx $arg1)
sely (+ $sely $arg2)
] [
if (strcmp $arg1 "N") [sely (- $sely $arg2)] [
if (strcmp $arg1 "S") [sely (+ $sely $arg2)] [
  if (strcmp $arg1 "E") [selx (+ $selx $arg2)] [
   if (strcmp $arg1 "W") [selx (- $selx $arg2)] [echo (c 3)Integers and cardinal directions only! N, S, E, W]]]]
if (strcmp $arg3 "N") [sely (- $sely $arg4)] [
if (strcmp $arg3 "S") [sely (+ $sely $arg4)] [
  if (strcmp $arg3 "E") [selx (+ $selx $arg4)] [
   if (strcmp $arg3 "W") [selx (- $selx $arg4)] [echo (c 3)Integers and cardinal directions only! N, S, E, W]]]]]]
// shiftsel 2 4
// shiftsel E 2 S 4
Thanks given by:
Ability to echo colored text for use in scripts.
Thanks given by:
I don't get what you mean?

/echo (c 0)hi // green
/echo (c 1)hi // blue
/echo (c 2)hi // yellow
/echo (c 3)hi // red
/echo (c 4)hi // gray
/echo (c 5)hi // white (default so can be shortened to /echo hi)
/echo (c 6)hi // dark brown
/echo (c 7)hi // dark red

If you want it to be a random color use:

/echo (c (rnd 8))hi

...put it into an ident alias like this for easier use:

alias rc [result (c (rnd 8))]

...use it like this:

/echo (rc)hello
/echo (rc)world
Thanks given by:
IDEA:

No max limit on crosshairsize. I dont see the advantage someone would get from a huge crosshair and also, it would allow me to use the carbine with the actual scope.png file. Used with gibstick's sauerzoom script it would make a very cool carbine scope. I already tried to implement this, but had a tiny image of scope.png. Very disapointing.
Thanks given by: