Ideas
(11 Oct 10, 06:11PM)SuperSniper Wrote: Some one has problibly said this but "Iron Sights". every good gun has iron sights
You could make yourself a fov-zoom script that does essentially the same thing as iron sights in other shooting games.
Thanks given by:
Exept he wouldn't be aiming down the actual sights. The zooming is usually done to balance it with hip-shooting, and for the effect of actively aiming.

I'd love a fast paced game with iron sighting, but I doubt AC should have it.
Thanks given by:
The idea sounds interesting, but wouldn't a script to change your FOV be considered cheating?
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't be cheating :)
Thanks given by:
No not really, Sauer has it. You can easily make it for AC.
sauerzoom = [ getfov = $fov; getsens = $sensitivity; gethudgun = $hudgun; fov 75; hudgun 0; fovratio = (divf 75 $getfov); sensitivity (*f $fovratio $getsens); onrelease [ fov $getfov; sensitivity $getsens; hudgun $gethudgun ] ]
Make new altactions if you awnt.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 01:48AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: It wouldn't be cheating :)
Neat.

(12 Oct 10, 01:49AM)Gibstick Wrote: No not really, Sauer has it. You can easily make it for AC.
sauerzoom = [ getfov = $fov; getsens = $sensitivity; gethudgun = $hudgun; fov 75; hudgun 0; fovratio = (divf 75 $getfov); sensitivity (*f $fovratio $getsens); onrelease [ fov $getfov; sensitivity $getsens; hudgun $gethudgun ] ]
Make new altactions if you awnt.

And thanks! I'll check it out once I get my settings all put into an autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 10, 09:13AM)Orynge Wrote: Maybe there could be server weapon options, such as SMG and Assault Rifles only?

yeah that would be kinda cool....
Thanks given by:
I used to think disabling friendly fire would be disastrous but having thought about it some more I wouldn't mind seeing it turned off, only if all, or a large portion, of the damage is reflected back to the shooter. Additionally, increasing the spawn time of players who have killed themselves by shooting others adds pressure to be careful. Intentional TKers only TK to cause trouble. With this, there will be no way to corrupt a public game and private games have increased punishment for shooting teamates.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 05:52AM)Mael Wrote: Intentional TKers only TK to cause trouble.
o'rly :D
Thanks given by:
I've always liked the idea of TK-avoidance incentives.
Thanks given by:
I'd say getting damaged yourself when shooting teammates is a nice idea.
Of course, just turning team damage off completely is a crazy idea (NADES NADES NADES...)
Thanks given by:
oh please don't do that !
that's part of the game !
and intentional tkers get kicked really fast now !
Seriously forget this idea ! :p
Thanks given by:
Deciding the development blog was probably not the best place to put this after all, I have a few ideas:
(1) Maybe we can have a little txt pop up towards the end of a game (maybe @ 1min warning, or even intermission?), telling us which map is coming up. I switch guns a lot, and the maprot isn't always the same. I hate getting stuck on iceroad with a freaking shotty for my first round :)
(2) Have an auto-reload option for both primary AND pistol, rather than an overall option. I don't use auto-reload, and the reason is that while I'm reloading, I can't switch to backup weapon. But reloading the pistol(s) doesn't take long enough to matter, besides, if your down to trying to reload your pistol, your probably screwed anyway :) .
(3) A menu option for the /shiftweapon command. It's rather inconvenient to pick up grenades and the order of your weapon scroll changes. Alternatively, mapping a button for a switch directly to primary weapon would help.....Q would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Is there a reason for two layers of blue lines editmode? If it doesn't serve a purpose I'd recommend removing it; while it won't help framerates during games, and reduction in the number of calls to glVertex in editmode.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2guxzz5.jpg

Having uploaded the image it even looks like the blue line branches off into a third at the left side.
Thanks given by:
Boomhauer:
bind Q [ if $editing [ domodifier 1 ] [primary; secondary] ]
Thanks given by:
Thx, I actually noticed this in the scripts forum after I posted. Works like a charm. But what do you think about the 1 min warning map info???
Thanks given by:
Well, you could always (ab)use the 1 minute song for it...

Just replace /packages/audio/songs/ac.ogg with a short "one minute warning" or otherwise alarmming sound effect, and turn your musicvol up again.
Thanks given by:
I think what he wants (and I also think it'd be nice) is a notice stating which map/mode is about to be played.
Thanks given by:
Exactly V-Man.... ;) Would be nice to know which primary to switch to...
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 12:46AM)Mael Wrote: Is there a reason for two layers of blue lines editmode? If it doesn't serve a purpose I'd recommend removing it; while it won't help framerates during games, and reduction in the number of calls to glVertex in editmode.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2guxzz5.jpg

Having uploaded the image it even looks like the blue line branches off into a third at the left side.

Whoa, I never noticed that before. And you're right, there are three, not two blue lines. That particular angle has merged two of them.

Why that matters though, I don't understand...
Thanks given by:
IDK, I'm not a mapper, but those lines seem to be representative of a change in the ground level...i.e a "bump in the road" so to speak? I noticed them on stair edges too, and anywhere the ground wasn't even. But, like I said..not a mapper.
Thanks given by:
AC forum is a troll lair and the comunity is fictional. There is no point in sharing anything with it, joining it is an error.
Thanks given by:
I can't notice the difference D:
Thanks given by:
You got to make the picture bigger. Look at the ground underneath the doorway. Also, the carbine has a some changes. You have to make the pictures bigger. I dont think it is a huge change, but would be a welcome one, if there are no major performance drawbacks, then I think it would be great.

Edit: Nevermind, carbine is the same.
Thanks given by:
BC_Wolf: Right click and select "view image" or equivalent
F1 for idea
Edit: Look at the cubes on the left side of the arch, and also look at the brown bricks on the wall to the right that are farthest away out of the two. Best of all, look at the ground.
Thanks given by:
No, the carbine does look different... the wooden texture looks much sharper when comparing vanilla to x16.
Thanks given by:
Gotcha :D
Thanks given by:
@JMM I believe it was the lightning that was tripping me up.
Thanks given by:
I was hoping if we could maybe get a shot at a new accuracy command for 1.1.0.4?
Thanks given by:
What kind of new, Wolf?
Thanks given by: