Ideas
(27 Sep 10, 05:14PM)TheCrema Wrote: Some one once on IRC mentioned an idea about a game mode: Efficiency (I think it was Brett, but I'm not so sure). Something like TS but at every new round everyone would spawn with the same type of weapon and teams would be constantly swamping sides, sounds interesting...

That's a good mode from Sauer. It wasn't round-based, more like DM but you spawn with ammo for each weapon, and there are no pickups IIRC. Because you may not carry more than one primary in AC I don't see how it would easily be implemented.
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 10, 08:32PM)Mael Wrote:
(27 Sep 10, 05:14PM)TheCrema Wrote: Some one once on IRC mentioned an idea about a game mode: Efficiency (I think it was Brett, but I'm not so sure). Something like TS but at every new round everyone would spawn with the same type of weapon and teams would be constantly swamping sides, sounds interesting...

That's a good mode from Sauer. It wasn't round-based, more like DM but you spawn with ammo for each weapon, and there are no pickups IIRC. Because you may not carry more than one primary in AC I don't see how it would easily be implemented.
Full armour, full ammo and full grenades with akimbo (30 seconds or however long it lasts).
Thanks given by:
Hey All =)
I Want Know..

Someone can make a Fn p90 *-*? Many Fps games have this nice Gun..
Models Fn p90
[Image: fnp90.jpg]

Thx
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 10, 09:34PM).c00kie* Wrote: Hey All =)
I Want Know..

Someone can make a Fn p90 *-*? Many Fps games have this nice Gun..
Models Fn p90

Thx
If you really want one there's a P90 mod on Akimbo but akimbo is down ATM.
Thanks given by:
Auto ignore script
Auto-ignore players specified in the list (ignored)
/ignoredisable : disable auto ignoring and unignore players
/ignoreenable : enable auto ignoring

In autoexec.cfg

// list of players you wanna ignore, separated by space
ignored = "unarmed |oNe|Undead Undead|oNe| etc."
enable_ignore = 1 // by default, auto ignoring is enabled

// this ignore all players
ignorelist = [
    loop i (listlen $ignored) [
        echo (concat "Ignoring" (at $ignored $i));
        ignore (findcn (at $ignored $i));
    ]
]

// disable
ignoredisable = [
    enable_ignore = 0;
    clearignored;
    echo "Auto ignore disabled.";
]

// enable
ignoreenable = [
    enable_ignore = 1;
    ignorelookup;
    echo "Auto ignore enabled.";
]

// lookup alias (called automatically each minute)
ignorelookup = [
    if (= $enable_ignore 1) [ ignorelist; ]
    sleep 60000 [ignorelookup];
]

// make it working automatically
mapstartalways = [
    ignorelookup;
]

/where's-the-love proof

EDIT sorry I wanted to post it in scripts, wrong topic :s
Thanks given by:
Does is work for a clan like this?

ignored = "IAF| HSFR| ... "

ignorelist = [
    ]
]

ignoredisable = [
    enable_ignore = 0;
    clearignored;
]

ignoreenable = [
    enable_ignore = 1;
    ignorelookup;
]

ignorelookup = [
]

mapstartalways = [
    ignorelookup;
]

:P
Thanks given by:
Can we get rid of mdlscale? If you're knowledgeable enough to create a model, skin it, and load it, you likely know how to rescale the model properly when you create it.
Thanks given by:
I dont know why would would get rid of a command. It can only be useful. Now if it allowed someone to cheat, I can see that. But not really.
@ExodusS No, I dont believe so. Because you would need someway to partially match, not fully match the names (like a wildcard).

Also, I would like a way to save .txt/.cfg files in cubescript. Kinda the write command, but able to do other files besides saved.cfg & such.
Thanks given by:
mdlscale 1

And mapmodels disappear.
Thanks given by:
Dont put mdlscale 1 anywhere then...
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 10, 02:40AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Dont put mdlscale 1 anywhere then...

SHUT DOWN.
Thanks given by:
The point is people can use this to nearly eliminate the visual obstruction of mapmodels.
Thanks given by:
They could also delete their map models folder.
Thanks given by:
True, mdlscale should only be allowed in model's config files. Just another command which is quite useless, except for potential abuse.

---edit---

Nope, models which aren't loaded for whatever reason will make the map perform very bad. Read, the FPS won't go anywhere upwards then.
Thanks given by:
I thought there were checks if the engine is currently loading, and if not, the model functions would return; immediately...
Thanks given by:
I would like to repeat the idea I gave on another thread (with custom server mod).

The idea is to allow players to shuffle teams by tag.
You type
/command tag1 tag2
and players with "tag1" in their names are in the same team, players with tag2 in the opposite team, etc.
I did it with server extension and it works. see source code there :
http://paste.debian.net/92834/
(code is not good but it works)

I think it can be a nice thing for match mastermode ;)
Clanmatch players will like it :)
Thanks given by:
Textured clips would open up lots of new possibility's for mapping in ac :]
Thanks given by:
Another idea : block player movement in match mode when a player is disconnected
I made something like that, I will post bin and source later (with the keep the base mod)
That can be nice, maybe useless, let's debate here !
Thanks given by:
/playerdiscfreeze 1 or something :D?
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 10, 09:41AM)XFA Wrote: Textured clips would open up lots of new possibility's for mapping in ac :]

I'd been suggesting the same idea for a long time without anyone really giving a response until recently. Problem is, each command has a max of four parameters. Regular clips use all four for height, width, length, and offset. Adding a texture parameter makes five parameters. Unless you hardcoded standard clip sizes to functions it would be difficult to create.

If you were hellbent on maintaining four parameters, it would be possible to take two dimension parameters, length and width for instance, and combine them into one parameter, which would then be modified by a formula to retrieve both values again. For instance, let's call this new parameter "dimension." We could decide that for any value between 0 and 16, the clip would have a length equal to that value and a width of 0. At 17, the clip could have a length of 0 and width of 1. 18 to 33, length of 2 - 16, width of 1.

The great part about the above is AC will never know there are more than four parameters; the dimension parameter is translated in Opengl and the rest of AC is not made aware of this.
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 10, 08:04PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: /playerdiscfreeze 1 or something :D?
lolwut

no what I made check if a player is missing (server side) and send something to all clients when they have to block movement (player missing) or to allow movement

Thanks given by:
That's what I meant :)

/playerdiscfreeze 1/0

player = the player itself
disc = disconnect
freeze = freezing them
1/0 = 1 to activate to freeze the players in case someone leaves; 0 to not do so.
Thanks given by:
Would it be posible to add a server switch to enable writing compressed serverlogs. I' leaver my server for weeks at a time before rebooting and the logs can be rather large.
Thanks given by:
I'd like an option to select "none" as your primary weapon so you'd only have pistol and knife (and nades/akimbo as you pick them up, of course), but in turn you get to run faster and possibly jump higher/further. I suggested this ages ago and nobody seemed to really like the idea, but now with a better (IMO anyway) pistol and slower average movement I think speed it'd make for a nice addition.

Also, what about being able to pick a starting bonus, for example ~25 health, ~25 armour, nade and an extra clip of ammo? So at the start of each round you'd spawn with whatever bonus you'd picked (in case of health you could spawn with over 100 health, and if you have sniper/shotty you'd have more ammo than you could normally carry). IDK if it would make a big difference in most cases, but I reckon it'd make for some interesting gameplay in modes with no pickups as well as LSS.
Thanks given by:
A RPG-7, REC7 (would be cool), flash bangs
Thanks given by:
The RPG would be too much of a mess, it would be like a shootable nade, imagine 3 people shooting into a base with RPG's... The REC7 would be nice, maybe someone can make a skin or you can ask somebody. Flash bangs has been mentioned before, but it was discussed that they destroy the simplicity of the game.
Thanks given by:
A compromise to the flash bang suggestion could be grenades cause a temporary afterimage.

Block multiple clients from connecting from the same ip.
Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 10, 09:17PM)Luc@s Wrote: Auto ignore script
Auto-ignore players specified in the list (ignored)
/ignoredisable : disable auto ignoring and unignore players
/ignoreenable : enable auto ignoring

In autoexec.cfg

// list of players you wanna ignore, separated by space
ignored = "unarmed |oNe|Undead Undead|oNe| etc."

// this ignore all players
ignorelist = [
    ]
]

// disable
ignoredisable = [
    enable_ignore = 0;
    clearignored;
]

// enable
ignoreenable = [
    enable_ignore = 1;
    ignorelookup;
]

// lookup alias (called automatically each minute)
ignorelookup = [
]

// make it working automatically
mapstartalways = [
    ignorelookup;
]

/where's-the-love proof

EDIT sorry I wanted to post it in scripts, wrong topic :s

what the fucks your problem stop with the subtle shit. if you have something to say to me say it.
Thanks given by:
xD
Thanks given by:
Some one has problibly said this but "Iron Sights". every good gun has iron sights
Thanks given by: