Ideas
can confirm.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 13, 05:55AM)Xenon Wrote: can confirm.

Then i'd strongly recommend server owners to ban anyone using this client for cheating.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 13, 02:32AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(18 Feb 13, 01:27AM)Edward Wrote: ....
AFAIK the GsF client enables the auto-switch script. I believe I've seen other players with that client and using the script. Can someone confirm?
no, It doesn't work. I never disabled that restriction, you can confirm this by reading the source code.

(18 Feb 13, 09:16PM)Luc@s Wrote: Then i'd strongly recommend server owners to ban anyone using this client for cheating.
Edward was not using any kind of script the problem is that out there are a lot of cheaters and the community tends to see cheaters in everywhere, this has happened before (http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6322.html) and will happen if we continue allowing players using custom clients. (ban anyone using a custom client seems reasonable)

[ontopic]
Instant hitsound (acwc) should be a good feature for the next version, of course without disable the regular hitsound.
[/ontopic]
Thanks given by:
Pm'ed Wolf. If somebody has any questions feel free to PM me. This is the idea thread and flame posts should not be welcome, even from devs/mods !
Thanks given by:
One could use a macro for auto switch, in that sense it could never be removed
Thanks given by:
I simply would like reload animations. :)

And maybe integration of the Armory Mod, so AC can natively swap out models without having a separate program.

Also, more textures if possible for mapping, and maybe some new map models.
Thanks given by:
@R4L, in the next version AC can load/unload custom weapon/pickup/gib models via cubescript, so the Armory integration isn't necessary.

See: modmdlweapN, modmdlvwepN, modmdlpickupN, and modmdlbounceN.

We're definitely getting some new textures and mapmodels too.
Thanks given by:
I think my idea got spammed out.... I will post it again..

(17 Feb 13, 10:55PM)Boomhauer Wrote: I think a relay CTF mode would be cool. Where there are relay points on the map for both sides so each team has to meet up and pass the flag to another member of the team, and that person have to take the flag and score it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 03:18AM)Bukz Wrote: @R4L, in the next version AC can load/unload custom weapon/pickup/gib models via cubescript, so the Armory integration isn't necessary.

See: modmdlweapN, modmdlvwepN, modmdlpickupN, and modmdlbounceN.

We're definitely getting some new textures and mapmodels too.

Ah, OK. I haven't been following this thread too well. Sounds awesome and great job so far. I've been playing AC since like, 2010 I wanna say? I can't remember... I love AC though and it's nice to see new features being added still. :)
Thanks given by:
Ability to go through players in spec mode.
Thanks given by:
Force a 7 second respawn in flag modes.
It's abusive to never have to spawn until you know you will be given the advantage.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 09:34AM)Xenon Wrote: Force a 7 second respawn in flag modes.
It's abusive to never have to spawn until you know you will be given the advantage.

Nice idea, on TDM too
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 09:34AM)Xenon Wrote: Force a 7 second respawn in flag modes.

Yes, but a player may be afk.

This brings me to my next point (which people have probably mentioned before because it's so good kkkk); add the ability to call a "pause" vote in case a player disconnects/is afk. This feature is popular and widely used in Sauerbraten, I doubt it'd be that hard to implement, even if only for /mastermode 2.
Thanks given by:
I mean in match modes vanq, in pub it's fine not spawning etc but in matches it means 110% more then in publics :3
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 12:56PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: add the ability to call a "pause" vote

Surprised this hasn't been addressed yet, considering it's one of the most heaviliy requested 'features'.

Maybe it's tricky to do for AC :o
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 08:44PM)Lord Vader Wrote: Reverse CTF

Take the flag from your base and score at enemy base.

This just sounds like CTF, except you don't have to come back.

We definitely need insta CTF, though.
Thanks given by:
insta CTF would be absolutely awful for AC, because the majority of snipers these days camp whilst scoping at doorways to hit shots. this shows nothing about skill, and slows down gameplay immensely when they're only playing for headshots, but if any shot equals an insta kill then it's viable just to scope at doorways for 15 minutes and whoever does that the best wins.

The only reason insta CTF works for sauerbraten is because of how fast-paced the game is, where it actually rewards aim and reflexes. insta CTF should definitely not be added to AC, and this is coming from someone who loves insta CTF.
Thanks given by:
Remove frags, deaths, and score from all Flag modes. Make it 100% about the flagging objective. Tied flags? Tied game.

(03 Apr 13, 06:04PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: insta CTF would be [..] awful [..] because snipers

It's not snipers that would be the problem it's shotguns and automatic weapons. Snipers/carbines are exactly the weapon to use for insta. How players choose to use those weapons is not the problem.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 06:04PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: majority of snipers these days camp whilst scoping at doorways to hit shots.

let them stand there while you go get their flag on route 2 & 3.
:3
Thanks given by:
I suggest a mode that disables cross hairs on all weapons except, obviously, the sniper on scope mode. It will make the match harder, yes, but more fun and semi-realistic. Shotgunners will be shotgunners, so maybe a version with auto weapons only, on second thought.

For the editing mode, I suggest some basic grid aligned models, like cylinders and cubes of different sizes, or resizable ones. Also half pipes and pipes so I can model all of Tony Hawk Pro Skater maps for AC =p (they're just about the right size). While at it, a model or two depicting various vehicles to populate all those empty streets in this so called "urban set" game enviroment. A boat would be a nice addition, but that's a bit far fetched.
Thanks given by:
I suggest an assist kill (can be count as points, not obligatory frags), very useful on public server, its weird to make ennemy low HP, and a unarmed fire with shotgun to finish him haha! But im pretty sure it's impossible to do it in opensource game, idk... just idea.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 08:52PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: I suggest an assist kill (can be count as points, not obligatory frags), very useful on public server, its weird to make ennemy low HP, and a unarmed fire with shotgun to finish him haha! But im pretty sure it's impossible to do it in opensource game, idk... just idea.

(30 Mar 13, 07:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(30 Mar 13, 03:35PM)Bukz Wrote: Damage dealt vs. enemies should count towards your score.

1 points each 10 Damages.

(03 Apr 13, 07:43PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I suggest a mode that disables cross hairs on all weapons except, obviously, the sniper on scope mode. It will make the match harder...

I don't think it would make the game harder for experienced players, and noobs will put something on the middle of their screen.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I don't think it would make the game harder for experienced players, and noobs will put something on the middle of their screen.

You can be as experienced as you want, shooting someone across the length of the map without a cross hair is harder than having a cross hair to do it. If someone wants to cheat, he'll cheat all right, but that isn't a good reason against the mode. OSOK works, so I don't see a problem. OSOK also made my aim better. This mode would do the same thing in a different way.
Thanks given by:
Well, in insta games, you only have the sniper-like weapons, so automatic weapons wouldn't be a problem. Vanquish is right, though; I didn't think of the movement of AC. Insta CTF works in Warsow because you can move fast, in Xonotic because you can move fast (for different reasons) -- in AC you just move or move slightly faster, and insta CTF in AC would only be a frustrating 15 minutes trying to get out of your base.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 06:10PM)Mael Wrote: Remove frags, deaths, and score from all Flag modes. Make it 100% about the flagging objective. Tied flags? Tied game.

Agree 100%
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 06:10PM)Mael Wrote: Remove frags, deaths, and score from all Flag modes. Make it 100% about the flagging objective. Tied flags? Tied game.
+1

This will produce more interesting gameplay with more players no longer caring about their K/D.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 13, 01:56AM)BigGunZ Wrote:

Agree 100%
Thanks given by:
it won't change gameplay at all, sorry......
Thanks given by:
You're right we should only make changes that will alter gameplay. Good input.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 13, 08:53AM)Xenon Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 01:56AM)BigGunZ Wrote:

Agree 100%
Thanks given by: