Ideas
This is where the info is: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...4462#p4387

AKIMBO staff delete everything that breaks copyright laws.
Thanks given by:
Besides...how to auto downloaded from the server?

(29 Oct 12, 10:46AM)ONYX Wrote: but..if the ambient sound i use other like Pirates of caribbean music...
How to make the music got downloaded from server?
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 12, 10:54AM)Orynge Wrote: AKIMBO staff delete everything that breaks copyright laws.
Indeed we do and also we do not promote maps that exploit bugs to pass restrictions, this is only common sense.
Thanks given by:
I have an idea...

How about make a gema mode only using knife? to play it only jump and speed like binds setting

( /bind space jump;jump)

( /bind lshift crouch;jump)

it should be awesome jump. :D
Thanks given by:
Allow sniper bullets to penetrate heads (only) enabling the opportunity to kill two enemies with one bullet. I would take that over gaining a second frag with a headshot. Just an idea.
Thanks given by:
I like it.
Thanks given by:
Force a player a player to spawn after 5-10 seconds in T/DM.
Thanks given by:
^Omg yes.
Thanks given by:
Sooo, penalize players for going afk and foster spawn camping.
Thanks given by:
Penalize players that don't spawn in matches when there are 20 seconds left and they're winning by one frag. Could make it only available in mastermode 2.
Thanks given by:
^: What are you thinking by that? Forcing players to spawn after 5 seconds in match mode?
Thanks given by:
1) @ above - Somebody saw my meme <3 Would be interesting for match mode.

2) Not a new request, but haven't seen it in a while so...an auto updater so you don't have to re-download the game for the frequent future releases(aerkefiende hinted fast releases in his interview, even though I doubt it). Convenient & allows game crippling bug patches like hitreg/not spawning in dm til u win/etc. to be fixed for players in 3 days instead of waiting 3 years for a full release just to have bullets start hitting again.

3) Is it plausible for AC to get in on this next year?
https://code.google.com/soc/
I know games like Hedgewars have gotten some great additions like a campaign created thanks to this.
Thanks given by:
add auto-spawn option. Would be as easy as auto-reload option. Could be disabled or enabled.
Thanks given by:
Have flash grenades/smoke grenades ever been considered?

Also, displaying a little flag icon on the scoreboard next to whichever of your teammates has the flag?

Finally, being able to kick people without having to type it into the console, but merely going through a menu?
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 12, 12:06AM)Minty Wrote: Have flash grenades/smoke grenades ever been considered?
They have, and the general consensus was they wouldn't appropriate for the fast-type gameplay of AC.

Quote:Also, displaying a little flag icon on the scoreboard next to whichever of your teammates has the flag?
You can use alt to use the minimap, but great idea, I don't see why not.

Quote:Finally, being able to kick people without having to type it into the console, but merely going through a menu?
I don't know if you joined the game before 1.1, but that was the situation in 1.0. I think the menu option was removed to not make it so easy for any newcomer to abuse/spam kick votes, though don't quote me on that.
Thanks given by:
Grenades - fair enough. I can't even imagine half a team just lobbing smoke and flashbangs everywhere and just cluttering up these smaller maps (was thinking back to CS when I came up with the idea, which has much larger maps).

Flag icon - glad you like the idea.

Kick menu - Aw dang, that's too bad. :(
Thanks given by:
when viewing the masterlist and if a server is private or match, when clicked a dialog box appears asking for a password.

An option that allows users to select whether or not they would like the game to automatically attempt to reconnect if the user is disconnected from the server because of connection issues. (But not if because of kick/ban)

Allow setting of xhair transparency. Some of us have very bad eyes and this would help with player tracking and reduce eye strain..
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 12, 12:06AM)Minty Wrote: Finally, being able to kick people without having to type it into the console, but merely going through a menu?

bind K [showmenu kick/ban]

Or just replace your newmenu "In-game" by the newmenu "In-game admin" in your menu_multiplayer.cfg
Thanks given by:
...or edit config/menus_multiplayer.cfg
menus_multiplayer.cfg line 24 Wrote://menuitem "Kick/ban player..." "showmenu kick/ban" // only noobish vote abusers use this, if you really want it, just uncomment
Thanks given by:
Choose the position of the minimap where you want .
Top left or bottom-left ...
Thanks given by:
minimap with mate position instead of radar <3 (ikr no way kkk)
Thanks given by:
I have an idea....
How about make a negative protocol menu?
it will be easy than writing /modconnect for newbies
Thanks given by:
colored names it console.

ex: RVSF gibbed CLA
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 12, 11:54PM)BigGunZ Wrote: colored names it console.

ex: RVSF gibbed CLA

YES.

Yes, this is a superb suggestion that I wholeheartedly approve.
Thanks given by:
Personal demos.

Instead of downloading a demo from the server have the client record information that it "witnesses." This includes everything the player sees but is incapable of fully reproducing a single moment of play.

That data can then be viewed in the same manner as full demos but contains much less information and only recreates one point of view.

It also allows players to record gameplay of abusive admins without the need to grab a demo(in the event of a ban).

Lastly, an option to enable this feature by default. Then you'll never have to worry if you didn't record that headshot and you have no demo. You can stream your personal demo and recreate the scene. Pieces will be missing but only those that were not known to you at the time.
Thanks given by:
disable the /savemap command if the map doesn't fit with the map requisites. http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 08:28PM)mpx Wrote: disable the /savemap command if the map doesn't fit with the map requisites. http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
But a map in a state of early development often won't fit the requisites.
Thanks given by:
The option to automatically save people that you whois to a text file would be nice

mpx and Frogulis: maybe give a warning instead of disabling
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 06:07AM)XFA Wrote: ...maybe give a warning instead of disabling

ok, how about this. do you know that if the wqd go over 5000 will lag, right?

how about if the map lag (wqd 5000 +) disable the /savemap command.

but I'm afraid that the noobs will flood the forum with thread like "dood, I can't zav my map" even when they see on the map editor a huge red warning saying.. " your map lag, make some occlusion, dog." or something like that.
Thanks given by:
We already have restrictions on what maps may be played. Why would we need restrictions on what maps made be made? There's no reason anyone shouldn't be able to play any map offline.
Thanks given by: