Ideas
Isnt that called iCTF (instant CTF)? I never played, but would like to!
Can someone give connects?
Idea: DonĀ“t get rid of ac_douze flag spawns.
Thanks given by:
je vois que tu es francais .
Ca veut dire quoi : Don't people do that anyway?

I know he exist some server who run this mode but you must modified your ac-client .
I think the new version must allow to create a mode easy without compiled yourselft assault cube .
Yes that called instant CTF

Strafe-jumping is a form of trickjump used to increase a player's speed in computer games based on the Quake engine

The movements are usually as follows:
The player presses the forward key, preparing to make the first jump.
Still keeping the forward key pressed, the player jumps, adding either the move left or the move right key (ergo the strafe in the term, strafe-jumping). The strafe and jump keys must be pressed at the same time.
To gain maximum speed, the player must now move the mouse smoothly to around a 85 degree (i.e., turn) in the direction of the strafe, while still holding down the two aforementioned keys. This part is called airstrafing, which is responsible for increase in speed during the jump.
For successive strafejumps, the player immediately jumps again on landing, swapping the direction of strafe as well as mouse motion.

En francais:
Je pense qu'i est necessaire de simplifier la creation de ces modes de jeu .
on ne devrait pas etre obliger de compiler un nouveau client pour creer ses modes .
Thanks given by:
Strafe-jumping doesn't work on the ac physics engine, but you can strafe run.
Also I don't think you'll need to modify your ac client to play a different gamemode. I've played on X-Raydog's zombie server with out before, so you'll just need the connect for a modded server which supports that mode.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 10:59AM)888 Wrote: je vois que tu es francais .
Non, je suis australien.

(21 Sep 12, 10:59AM)888 Wrote: Je pense qu'i est necessaire de simplifier la creation de ces modes de jeu .
on ne devrait pas etre obliger de compiler un nouveau client pour creer ses modes .
Je l'approuve. Cependent, je pense que quelqu'un avait une bonne raison pour n'avoir la capacite de creer facilement les modes. Peut etre :S

Pardon, je dois pratiquer mon ecriture pour l'ecole :P
Thanks given by:
How about a Race Mod.....One of their team must assist them to win the race...the instruction.... to make ur speed faster... follow this instruction:
bind space [jump;jump]
bind lshift [crouch;jump]
( run+jump+crouch)

On the race mod do not kill....and the race is no Assault riffle...only knife....
if some other team wins... who's turn to assist the race...

is it a good idea?
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 12, 09:31AM)ONYX Wrote: How about a Race Mod.....One of their team must assist them to win the race...the instruction.... to make ur speed faster... follow this instruction:
bind space [jump;jump]
( run+jump+crouch)

On the race mod do not kill....and the race is no Assault riffle...only knife....

is it a good idea?

Sorry, but no!
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 12, 09:31AM)ONYX Wrote: How about a Race Mod.....One of their team must assist them to win the race...the instruction.... to make ur speed faster... follow this instruction:
bind space [jump;jump]
( run+jump+crouch)

is it a good idea?

Sorry, but I don't think I would play it.
Thanks given by:
1) Get rid of autoteam.
Was a big discussion on it before and plenty of players, more known than myself agreed that pubs suck due to autoteam, next to overcrowdedness & lag.
Players can change sides if it becomes 3v1, etc. on their own. It happens all the time. Autoteam only kicks in as a troll move after you've been fighting hard for ten minutes and learned how to play with your current pub teammates. Even if there is no gap in players/score. trolllllautoteam kaboom, new teams, sides, colors. No other FPS I've played does this. Ruins pubs gameplay, and is part of the reason people go rambo instead of using teamwork.

2) Playerslots for servers maxed at 10. Even the largest official maps like Arabian/Avenue only -just- handle 5v5 games comfortably. 10 less laggers as well. Half the load for the server.(know nothing about the server stuff but this makes sense to me \:D ) Leaving extra slots for specs only of course, if possible. This is a good part of the reason for the shotgun's heavy popularity in pubs. You're on these tiny maps with 20 people running around, no room to move, autosplat. Why should the worst match gun in the game get 'rage weaken that!' from people? It shouldn't, it's the server size problems. Stick those noobs into a 5v5 on iceroad with a shotgun, they're done.

>:]
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 01:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: 1) Get rid of autoteam.
Your reasoning is pretty sound, although I do not trust the average pub player to balance teams.
(27 Sep 12, 01:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: 2) Playerslots for servers maxed at 10.
That's a bit small. Maybe something around 12-16. I say this because although many maps aren't designed for that many players, people do enjoy playing large servers. Server owners can decide how many slots they want rather than having it be a restriction.
Thanks given by:
Also there was the 'shuffle at the start of every game' thing, hence new teams each game.
Which would be disabled during the new clan match mode.
and a /pause vote ability during clan match mode.

nothing new here, but googogogo
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 01:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: 2) Playerslots for servers maxed at 10.

Have you even considered downloading SVN and seeing the changes? :P
Thanks given by:
The last update killed my svn D:
Is this feature done?
Thanks given by:
Not to 10 slots, no.
Thanks given by:
i say make it like sauer :D or have ac server test upload speed and set server max allowed by that
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 12, 02:01AM)Jg99 Wrote: i say make it like sauer :D
Jg99 supports sauer.
Therefore he supports progress.
QED.

What specifically in "sauer" are you referring to?
Thanks given by:
maxplayer 14.
Thanks given by:
I like 16 -- it's a square!
Seriously -- 4 less than current max.
Thanks given by:
I was just doing SKB's map popularity experiment: http://stats.tearyoudown.com/experiment/map_popularity/
And I thought maybe if there were previews in map votes it could be useful?
Obviously giving option to disable the previews.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 12, 06:35PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: I was just doing SKB's map popularity experiment: http://stats.tearyoudown.com/experiment/map_popularity/
And I thought maybe if there were previews in map votes it could be useful?
Obviously giving option to disable the previews.
Previews?
When you go through the menu to vote a map, all the official maps have previews.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 12, 08:41PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ...
It doesn't work for some people.
Thanks given by:
Ah, well that's a shame.
In addition to the previews for official maps, mapmakers should be able to make previews for their custom maps as well.
Thanks given by:
They already can. It would be good though if the process was automated. (saves directly to preview)
Thanks given by:
Really? :o
News to me.
Maybe the not-being-automated thing is why it's not that publicized :P.
Thanks given by:
Also the "all maps" list can get big from long mapmsg's and make the preview part little (it's there on the right)

/preview readme Wrote:Place preview pictures of custom maps into this directory.
Reduce the image size to ~200x150 pixel.
Do not use preview pictures, if you're already low on graphics memory.

Quote: And I thought maybe if there were previews in map votes it could be useful?
Yes please. Instead of the question mark.
Thanks given by:
Next time I get autoteam switched, I'm gonna bake a bunch of bread, and fill aerkefiende's house with it. So when he wakes up there will be mad bread, making it impossible for him to leave his bedroom. Mad. Bread.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 08:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: making it pretty hard for him to leave his bedroom.

dude why not eat it
Thanks given by:
Yeah, instead of doing that, why not give him summa dat dough?

IfyouknowwhatImeme.jpg
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 11:50PM)Cemer Wrote:
(04 Oct 12, 08:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: making it pretty hard for him to leave his bedroom.

dude why not eat it

inb4 constipation
Thanks given by:
flagholder loses ability to use weapons, outside of the flag as a melee weapon. Flagholder can also throw flag like a grenade to toss it to a team mate. Rifle sprinting's op-ness is now gone, without losing it's ability in the rest of gameplay. And teamwork matters instead of rambo AR guy owning you by himself while his partner spins in circles. Two problems fixed ftw.

Would also allow for the AR to come back to 20 round mags and be designed & balanced as a normal weapon. Instead of silly mini magazines.
Thanks given by:
While I feel losing the ability to fire a weapon is a bit...exaggerated, you could have some effect like being slightly weighed down by the flag (i.e. less jump and/or slower movement).
Thanks given by: