I never see bots with ARs?
What's the deal with this, I mean come on two bot weapon glitches?
Thanks given by:
Were you playing OSOK? :P /sarcasm

And you never mentioned the other "glitch" (I KNOW, BOTS DON'T SHOOT THE CARBINE :@)

yakyakyak +1 for post count, eh?
Thanks given by:
ummm, I was playing btdm @ ac_complex
Thanks given by:
I play against bots with ARs all the time...
Thanks given by:
You get fragged before you can see that the bot behind you is shredding your bum ("bum" with an English accent) with an AR.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 05:53AM)Orynge Wrote: I play against bots with ARs all the time...

Me too.
Thanks given by:
This is serius?? Dude play more often and pay more atention because I'm sure i have been killed Oooooh so many times by a AR bot shooter :)
Thanks given by:
I see them a lot :(
They aimbot hack, and they make the AR look powerful.

The carbine bot not shooting gets kind of annoying though
Thanks given by:
i get owned by bots with ARs all the time.

teabag them, and it will delay there attack...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, weird, I think bots could shoot with carbine in previous version (first with carbine, when bots had a name)
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 04:34PM)ArraParry Wrote: yeah the bots use all the weapons but the only one they don't shoot is the carbine.
And pistol. And knife. And grenades.
:(
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 07:56PM)V-Man Wrote:
(01 Mar 11, 04:34PM)ArraParry Wrote: yeah the bots use all the weapons but the only one they don't shoot is the carbine.
And pistol. And knife. And grenades.
:(

And the lawn mower! Ohwait.
Btw, i only now realized that they don't use the pistol :D
Thanks given by:
The carbine issue is already fixed in SVN - for quite some time now.
I'm really astounded at how many bot-related threads we have lately - you guys really actually play against them??
Unless someone approaches the dev-team with new code they'll never (read: at soonest with release v31.4) get any serious work done on them. There might be a chance I could give you a forcebotstousethisweapon-command.
Thanks given by:
flowtron Wrote:There might be a chance I could give you a forcebotstousethisweapon-command.
If you give the next version that, I won't bug you for anything else about the bots until I am good enough at C++ to code it myself.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 09:31PM)V-Man Wrote:
flowtron Wrote:There might be a chance I could give you a forcebotstousethisweapon-command.
If you give the next version that, I won't bug you for anything else about the bots until I am good enough at C++ to code it myself.
Well, this and an ability to spawn bots at a specificly designated area (so I can work on a shabby campaign thingy... hehehe)
Thanks given by:
I only play bots to play around with some stuff and to test the beta weapons.
carbine guy in the beta wasn't shooting and its hard to test something when there is no resistance. sure I could type in the command to get a certain one..smg bot..etc...but who has time to type anymore?
yay @ carbine being fixed if thats true ;)
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 10:41PM)VenteX Wrote: Well, this and an ability to spawn bots at a specificly designated area (so I can work on a shabby campaign thingy... hehehe)

you could have you be on CLA, and all the bots on RVSF (or vice versa), which would require a script that forces all the bots to the enemy team (easily done with forceteam, i imagine, because if you notice, your team's CNs are always 0-7 (if 8v8) with you as CN #0, and the other team is 8-16)

Then have the script count how many you've killed (or whatever), that way you could have separate little scenarios. sort of like the achievements script, but it would be a list of scenarios (and special maps for them too)
I realize this isn't a 'campaign' by any means, just a way i thought of doing it.

Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 08:57PM)flowtron Wrote: I'm really astounded at how many bot-related threads we have lately - you guys really actually play against them??

Bots are good to practice for beginners or for fast distressing game with no messages like "Frag you, fukkin cheater" :)
Thanks given by:
Bots are good for headshot practice. >:)

Oh and also testing scripts before they go "live".
Thanks given by:
Don't like making threads and this one is over with so random questions time :)
Could the game support a domination and/or search and destroy mode?

Search and Destroy: like the call of duty mode of the same name. or Counter strike's original bomb mode. like that.

Domination : three stationary flags on the map, players walk over to the flag, after a certain amount of time(faster with more players standing in the area)the flag will change to your team's control. Every 5 seconds one point goes to a team for each flag in their control.

just wondering. thanks. .___.
Thanks given by:
@Lantry: Well, I would't worry about the teams because you can choose which team to add a bot to.

Also (semi-unrelatedly), it is possilble to return local player location AFAIK, so +2 for possible cubescript-based campaign :D
Thanks given by:
I thought that rapid fire was from the SMG
Thanks given by:
You do know there is an Ideas thread, right? It has been suggested multiple times.

Also, bots are good reflex tests. :P
Thanks given by:
Well I was just wondering if it was a possibility ^_^'

and if it is, whats the reason for it not being in there yet..? ^^ <3
Thanks given by:
What bot skill?
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 08:57PM)flowtron Wrote: The carbine issue is already fixed in SVN - for quite some time now.
I'm really astounded at how many bot-related threads we have lately - you guys really actually play against them??
Unless someone approaches the dev-team with new code they'll never (read: at soonest with release v31.4) get any serious work done on them. There might be a chance I could give you a forcebotstousethisweapon-command.

even tho im bringing up a dead thread, i feel i need to ask this question. If this command was realeased, would knives be included? If so I would pay you to add it.
zombies
Thanks given by:
theyd have to know how to use the knife first.
Thanks given by:
I still don't see bots with the AR's, after they kill me I look and all I see is smgs
Thanks given by:
Gosh dangit.
Since you're so persistent about it, I started a 16v16 bot game to look for some assault rifles.
/idlebots 1
and started looking for the AR world model. Looks like this:
[Image: AR_Worldview.jpg]
(Never mind the zombie skin)

Couldn't find a darn one among 32 bots.

In short, I believe you now.
Thanks given by:
I have not seen a bot with an AR in a long time, I'm guessing since 1103 or so? I test with them aplenty. :P

Edit: confirmed on vista/win 7 anyways
Thanks given by: