Sniper fling and shoot
So I've found I tend to aim better with a sniper (mainly in OSOK) when I'm less careful. I usually literally fling the mouse immediately before shooting, and I tend to hit more often that way.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one that does this or what?
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 01:59PM)GarGar Wrote: I >>>usually literally fling the mouse immediately before shooting<<<, and I tend to hit more often that way.

Uh?
Thanks given by:
like if you see an enemy just whip around quickly and shoot?

doubt anyone's doing that or if they are its not much of a big deal, try /maxroll numberhere for a cooler/better view, 0 to disable.

edit: it has been found maxroll is only useful if you like it more then not, will not actually make you better
Thanks given by:
/maxroll for a better view? :D I would just get seasick xD

Quote:I usually literally fling the mouse immediately before shooting
I sometimes notice me doing that aswell
Thanks given by:
I fling, scope, shoot, unscope, shoot, scope, shoot, shoot, unscope, shoot. Repeat if necessary, break chain if necessary.
Thanks given by:
I usually have my mouse pointed not where the enemies are going to come from (in a osok mode) and I usually get by pretty well.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 02:10PM)titiPT Wrote: Uh?

You heard me.

(04 Sep 10, 03:34PM)yata Wrote: like if you see an enemy just whip around quickly and shoot?

doubt anyone's doing that or if they are its not much of a big deal, try /maxroll numberhere for a cooler/better view, 0 to disable.

Not exactly "whip around quickly", more of a twitching motion directed where I'm trying to shoot.

I'm not sure I understand how strafe roll is related to this, but I've always wondered how people do that. I'm not sure I like it myself, it just feels awkward and clumsy for me, screws with my aim when I'm moving around, too.

(04 Sep 10, 04:01PM)Robtics Wrote: /maxroll for a better view? :D I would just get seasick xD

Haha I know right.

(04 Sep 10, 07:16PM)Gibstick Wrote: I fling, scope, shoot, unscope, shoot, scope, shoot, shoot, unscope, shoot. Repeat if necessary, break chain if necessary.

That's kinda weird, but okay. I'm pretty fail with the scope, myself.
Thanks given by:
I apologise, my english wasn't advanced enough to understand the word "fling", but now it is, thanks to you. Thanks.

Now that i comprehend your point, i can share mine. It's basically a question of luck/prettydamskill. It sometimes works - mostly on desert tosok servers *cof cof newb players* - it sometime doesn't.

I usually scope to where i know my enemies will appear while diagonal running (moving camper, doesn't it sound cool?). Then shoot fail, knife fail, die, teabagged. Combo ^^
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 01:14AM)titiPT Wrote: I apologise, my english wasn't advanced enough to understand the word "fling", but now it is, thanks to you. Thanks.

Now that i comprehend your point, i can share mine. It's basically a question of luck/prettydamskill. It sometimes works - mostly on desert tosok servers *cof cof newb players* - it sometime doesn't.

I usually scope to where i know my enemies will appear while diagonal running (moving camper, doesn't it sound cool?). Then shoot fail, knife fail, die, teabagged. Combo ^^

Ahh, I see now, I wouldn't even have known english wasn't your first language if you hadn't told me.

Haha, I could be much better with the scope and with the knife myself, I'm terrible with both.
Thanks given by:
I don't really know, I just do what comes naturally, so I do scoping, no-scoping, and quick-scoping, and of course flinging (and knifing if it's necessary).
Thanks given by:
/maxroll 20 doesn't make you see around corners, or does it make others see your player tilt. It's either going to make you the same or worse.
Thanks given by:
I often jerk the mouse violently just before firing with the sniper. About half the time I do this, the shot hits, and I'd estimate about a tenth of those hits are headshots.
Thanks given by:
On T/OSOK it's too risky to go for headshots, which is why I only get headshots when the other players crouch :P
Thanks given by:
to risky? its worth 2 frags, decent price to pay :P

just knife people. If you play tosok for fun (me) its funner to go around knifing to bits, also helps with timing and self confidence levels (imo)
Thanks given by:
^ and if you miss you die on most occasions.
Thanks given by:
and if your footwork is better than a one-week-old, you die on fewer occasions.
Thanks given by:
lol you really don't know how easy it is to rapidly get behind them so with their 90 fov they don't know where you went :)
Thanks given by:
I always manage to blow a bunch of heads at short range by keeping my aim head high all times.

Aim for the head and hope for the best!
That's my sniping motto!

If I miss the head I'll instantly go "mad knifer" on the enemy's arse: Gib or deaths! (that's my other motto)
Thanks given by:
Bad Trick Henry Wrote:Give me Giberty, or give me death!
Thanks given by:
That sounds like a signature if I've ever heard one!
Thanks given by:
when i use the sniper i aim to get the enemy roughly in my scope then twitch my my hand in the direction it needs to go.

sort of what your saying but more skitsy, seems to work for me.
Thanks given by:
to use the sniper u must continue pressing the "w" key. i have found it to be quite effective. when a bad dude appears, shake your mouse violently in panic and try to shoot him. most of the time i hit him. this is a dangerous tactic however and you could end up on the AC blacklist.
Thanks given by:
hi
iam new here
Thanks given by:
hi
how about you post a thread saying that?
Thanks given by:
He posted that because he has advertisement links in his signature and most forums display signatures below posts. I'll take care of it.
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 09:10PM)noerrorsfound Wrote: He posted that because he has advertisement links in his signature and most forums display signatures below posts. I'll take care of it.
Such a failure, he is.
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 09:10PM)noerrorsfound Wrote: He posted that because he has advertisement links in his signature and most forums display signatures below posts. I'll take care of it.

Just go hack into some random forum bro.
I deserved that Bukz.
Thanks given by:
hi
iam new here
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 10, 09:36AM)tomwilson Wrote: hi
iam new here

DIE SPAMMER!!!!
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 11:38PM)titiPT Wrote:

Just go hack into some random forum bro.
I deserved that Bukz.

GJ.
Thanks given by: