Poll: Was the video helpful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
12.50%
3 12.50%
I knew all about this before...
45.83%
11 45.83%
No
41.67%
10 41.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Shotgun owns?
I don't believe so...

Full screen plz :)

Shotgun is weak. Give it more power. As for AR balance, most of the time I actually kept within 15 bullets with a few exceptions but I still can haz 20? Probably not SO DON'T NERF IT @ 15 :(
Thanks given by:
i love the music, it's like 90s tv-aerobics. ^^
Thanks given by:
Only annoying thing with the shotty is when you get hit mid range and have 10 hp left.
Thanks given by:
(09 May 12, 04:48AM)Nightmare Wrote: Only annoying thing with the shotty is when you get hit mid range and have 10 hp left.

^This.

I'd make it more powerful at short range and get rid of cheap splatter kills.

Btw, nice video.
Thanks given by:
v62, this is with no discussion the best thing that has happened in the forums in a looong time, and also to this game! FUCKING v63!
Thanks given by:
How to beat a shotgun? Take a more over-powered weapon.
Thanks given by:
And now how to beat OP AR ? ;)
Thanks given by:
(09 May 12, 05:10PM)Alien Wrote: And now how to beat OP AR ? ;)

Become a master sniper, and headshot their asses.
Thanks given by:
(09 May 12, 10:11PM)gambino Wrote: ...headshot their asses.
With a hitbox hax!?
Thanks given by:
Double barrel shotgun would fix the problems people have with it IMO.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2074-post...l#pid37001
The shotty could keep or improve it's short-range power without being a one-hit-kill (instead, two good hits in rapid succession) and med-long range power can be reduced.

Also: nice music, really brings me back to good times in The Big Tipper :D
Thanks given by:
F1111111111 DB shotty
Thanks given by:
Make two shotties, one like the current model, and a secondary two-barrel.
Thanks given by:
Anyone who believes shotgun is overpowered is welcome to play me 1v1 on the map and mode of their choice with it.

It's funny how much people complain about shotgun when sniper is arguably almost as good even at close range. Two shotgun shots (1000ms) is often needed vs 1 sniper + 2 pistols (560ms).
Thanks given by:
huge deja vu when reading this thread, shotgun is only useful on crowded servers
Thanks given by:
(10 May 12, 02:47AM)Cemer Wrote: Make two shotties, one like the current model, and a secondary two-barrel.
nty 1 is enough
Thanks given by:
(10 May 12, 02:47AM)Cemer Wrote: Make two shotties, one like the current model, and a secondary two-barrel.

LOL, we couldn't have a good balance with 4 weapons only, now we have 5 and it's worth, and you want to add one more? haha
Thanks given by:
(13 May 12, 02:13AM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...and you want to add one more? haha

I thought they might come out with a 6th sometime in a later release like after svn comes out.
Thanks given by:
Im missing one knife kill to counter when at short range but else, flawless.
Thanks given by:
X-Ray Dog, it a true music!
Thanks given by:
(09 May 12, 04:37AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: As for AR balance, most of the time I actually kept within 15 bullets with a few exceptions but I still can haz 20? Probably not SO DON'T NERF IT @ 15 :(

I agree in most cases 15 is more than enough, but if u play against laggers u need 25 rounds magazine to kill :S.
Thanks given by:
I think Shotty's can be very annoying but so is a good sniper.. Every weapon has it + and its -.

You always have one extreme and the other.
Sniper = extreme far
Shotgun = extreme close

The AR is in the middle and because of that it's a bit overpowered. The only thing I think is unfair is this (if u dont miss:
Quote:It's funny how much people complain about shotgun when sniper is arguably almost as good even at close range. Two shotgun shots (1000ms) is often needed vs 1 sniper + 2 pistols (560ms).

This makes the sniper overpowered. the problem is that most people miss at close range.. and then they arer deadmeat.
Thanks given by:
Despite the many pellets of the shotgun, you actually need to be pretty accurate with it so that it will be useful (at all!).

While I have heard "shotgun is overpowered", I disagree. Sure, it is useful and annoying on a crowded pub, but even those shotgun wielders get mediocre scores. Shotgun relies on that relatively "lucky" splat... it's the only way new players can get frags (luck, that is), which is why it is popular for new players.

I started off with the shotgun when I played AC. Even when I try playing it now, after eight or so months of experience, I still find it useless. My mouse accuracy isn't that bad, yet it often takes more than two shots to kill someone at mid-range. Long-range is a joke. At short-range, it's really about catching that splat, which can be difficult if your opponent is dodging/jumping... the slow fire rate of the SG doesn't help.

Assuming the fact above "1 sniper + 2 pistols (560ms)" is correct... that's slower than AR and SMG which is 480ms. Also, the AR deals 120 dmg in that time, while 1 sniper + 2 pistol does 116 dmg and takes 80ms longer.

Perhaps I am misreading, but I don't think the sniper OR shotgun is overpowered at close range. I agree with ThePrinter though; if you miss with sniper at close range against an AR, you're pretty much deadmeat. Same with shotgun. The time between shots is plenty for an AR or SMG to kill you.
Thanks given by:
LOL RCJD, a major mart of this game occurs in pubs, and Im really tired of getting splattered (and fragged) over and over and over from miles away. Maybe there could be a maximum number of Shotguns per team or something, but it is pretty horrible in maps like ac_shine with lots of corners...
Thanks given by:
If servers maxed at 10, and anti-cheat was gone, shotguns and lag wouldn't keel so much, maybe. D:
Thanks given by:
(17 May 12, 01:18AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: LOL RCJD, a major mart of this game occurs in pubs, and Im really tired of getting splattered (and fragged) over and over and over from miles away. Maybe there could be a maximum number of Shotguns per team or something, but it is pretty horrible in maps like ac_shine with lots of corners...

That's completely valid, Paul =D
Though over the last two months, I have gradually shifted away from pubs. I do still play on them (aliased)... a useful splat-prevention method I use is crouching before they shoot. Only some of the pellets get you :D

Sometimes a nade + hitsound is a good means of enemy detection too!
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 04:57PM)ThePrinter Wrote: Sniper = extreme far
Shotgun = extreme close

Sniper = extreme far
Shotgun = extreme far
Thanks given by:
sniper = short mid and long range ....

Shotgun is too underpowered even in pubs. I use it sometimes 4thelulz and I have fun because I am owning noobs with even if I am playing like an ass. But my stats are much better when I use smg or sniper. Under-powered thats all. I know some people do splat at mid-range but I never do. Sometimes it happens thats all.
Thanks given by:
(20 May 12, 02:17AM)Edward Wrote: I know some people do splat at mid-range but I never do. Sometimes it happens thats all.

F1
I can aim perfect at close range and they'll tank five shots.
Then when the other guy has a shotgun, it's insta-kill from mid-range.
Thanks given by:
I think every gun needs its advantage and disadvantage. You cannot balance a weapon system, some guns are more powerful than others. Just accept this and move on.

Oh and you (EVERYONE) can't complain about any gun being too powerful; you have no right. Why? Because you can use the same gun :>

WE NEED VARIETY. Don't change weapon balancing, learn to strategize with what you have based on your map.

We all have our opinions... I simply made a video.

Edit: The fact that my video was assumed worthless my AC (And considering it took no time to make :>) means that we all know how to evade this shotgun so make the spray more centered for all anyone really cares. No one would complain based on the poll (Cheap shot I know). Using a more OP weapon is HOW YOU WIN. AR sucks in some scenarios and even smg could have done the same rapeage as the AR I videoed.
Thanks given by:
(21 May 12, 07:24AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Oh and you (EVERYONE) can't complain about any gun being too powerful; you have no right. Why? Because you can use the same gun :>

I don't have enough words to say it's a so stupid comment.
There is a weapon balance for that, and what you said is what's happening to this game, ATM it's 60% AR, 35% SG and 5% others, and this is the reason why this game is so crap in pubs since the 1.1.
If everyone make what you say, everyone will play AR so, (wait, isn't that already like this even in the last aG cup? yes it was!), you are a noob AR.
Thanks given by: