The GEMA WARS
Lo mejor del juego es hacer t-bagging a los noobs, que los hay a patadas.

Jejejejejej, hello AC boys and girls, Its PaulMuadDibKA, posting with the help of a friend. This is something I have wanted to do for the last few days, he wrote that above, so any question regarding that speak to him.

"On recent days a have had the fortune of talking with a lot of nice people that have been interested, in a way or another, on partaking with me about different aspects of this game we love, the jumps in general, the gemas on particular. So and idea crossed our mind: "We ought to do something remarkable, we ought to fight the GEMA WARS". (<-- Abbreviated concept).

GEMA WARS:

2 teams, 4 battalions, 8 players.

Gema luv Vs. Gema h8

A two day extravaganza of fighting for supremacy. Who will win, the "frog jumpers" or the "trusty sellswords" ?

*Actually both sides are open for positions. Theres no need of finding just 8 players, all who wants can apply for the team of their choosing, there is plenty of work to be done!
The next days will consist mostly of recruiting people for each task. Those arent decided yet, so ideas are welcome (on organizing for example). Please contact this address ([email protected]) with the team, the position and your name in-game to apply for a "job".

Now for a bit of explanation... Im doing this for a particular reason, and it is gemas. I want to see if theres is really so much awesomeness on them or Im just a crazy spanish addict (to AC and gemas XD). So, Im asking you Ac community to unite, to unite "for" or "against" gemas. To unite for the shake of this very game we love, because I think theres much more to be done together than anyone can imagine. Its no matter if you hate them or love them, Im just asking you to defend that opinion, and because sometimes acts speak better than words, lets see what the game has to say about it, shall we?
THE GEMA WARS BEGIN! JOIN NOW!"
Thanks given by:
what might these tasks be may i know?
Thanks given by:
Buena suerte, tienes un sitio web?
Thanks given by:
I want to know what you have to do too. This sounds like an interesting idea :)
Thanks given by:
Im in.
Thanks given by:

lolsrslywtf
Thanks given by:
Wheres Fate?
Thanks given by:
@Hellspell, evanzo and gambino: Well, I guess writing is easier than "doing", but, I think, what is needed is:

1st - Making the teams

What is a "team" and who belongs to each?
Well, I think some positions are determined by general skill. For example, its pretty obvious, and I say it from the start, I wont be representing gema luv as a player/fragger. That position is going to be held by the best representative "we" can find. I say "we" because is not yet decided what team will everyone be choosing.
If I hear that XXX, best fragger of all time, wants to frag along gema, he will take the spot. Not me.
That being said the rest of the team can be chosen by voting once each team has all their members formally consolidated. So, my friends, go pick a team ATVM.
Where? You might ask, I dont want anyone seeing Im a GEMA luvr/h8r! You can email me to [email protected] and tell me your concerns, Ill answer everyone, I swear.

2nd - Organizating
Once a fair amount of people have chosen teams, there still a lot to be done.
- Choosing fraggers: As said, best representatives have almost a given spot. Only thing is two mods are needed, to make things easier. I propose myself as GEMA LUV mod, and the GEMA H8 mod can be chosen by general consensus. Youll have the last word guys, so make a proposition and Ill hear
[Image: joe-proposition-joe-stewart-160.jpg]

What else could need to be done? Well, I really dont know very well, as Im a n00b, but I have a general idea.

INFRASTRUCTURE

Fair hosting
I know shit about hosting, but Im a fast learner. I have tryed to contact Vlad to ask him some questions (taS league), but for now i have no response. Anyone who has experience is welcome to tell me what is needed to have everyone happy, including myself XD. Fair servers, timetables, you name it. This has to be decided between, lets call it, a senior HOST representative of each team. "[email protected]"

Webpage
Murmer asked about webpage. I dont know jackshit about making webs, but that would make things easier. When teams are made, there can be a WEB PAGE ADMINISTRATOR category, and both will have an equal say. "[email protected]"

Stream
Well, I have this crazy idea, I want the matches to be streamed, and I want other things to be streamed too. Which things? Well, when things advance Ill anounce it, but for now, any ideas regarding streaming are welcome, and theres a position available as STREAM GEMA LUV GOD and STREAM GEMA H8 GOD, soooo... "[email protected]"

Well, thats all I can think right now regarding Infrastructure, if anyone knows better, "[email protected]" or tell me in comments.

When more question arouse Ill try to answer em, and sorry if Im hard to understand, english is not my first language! Take care!
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 04:33AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Stream
Well, I have this crazy idea, I want the matches to be streamed, and I want other things to be streamed too. Which things? Well, when things advance Ill anounce it, but for now, any ideas regarding streaming are welcome, and theres a position available as STREAM GEMA LUV GOD and STREAM GEMA H8 GOD, soooo... "[email protected]"

me+undead+jason+mm10 should sign up for doing the hatecast (just saying;don't beat me D:D:)
Thanks given by:
This gema thing beats da fuck outta me, I'll never understand it: you give people Automatic Rifles and instead of shooting dudes up they use it to jump?!? We might as well have a pogo stick war too!
Thanks given by:
If the Hatecast agree to be on the stream I'd definitely watch it, otherwise I don't picture myself watching people do gemas
:<
Thanks given by:
* Orynge cough.
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory waits for DES|Cleaner to disapprove.

which GEMA maps will be used though?
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 05:33AM)ElCrema Wrote: This gema thing beats da fuck outta me, I'll never understand it: you give people Automatic Rifles and instead of shooting dudes up they use it to jump?!? We might as well have a pogo stick war too!

Gameplay has to be realistic to be fun? Thats a new one...
Hell, that much recoil in a normal fragging match doesnt make a whole lot of sense either...

I say remove AR recoil and also autoblacklist on death event...
You just died!! thats it, you go to another world...unless you are undead.
Thanks given by:
Jejeje, I think you guys believe itll be gemas what will be payed, Im talking about MATCHES in official maps. Gemas are for n00bs, this is a WAR we are talking about...
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 12:36PM)Sarin Wrote: Gameplay has to be realistic to be fun? Thats a new one...
Hell, that much recoil in a normal fragging match doesnt make a whole lot of sense either...

What?? Look if you wanna bash something I say at least try to say something smart or that makes a bit of sense. No one here is talking about AC's realist gameplay. I'm Just saying that if I'm given an Automatic Rifle I would rather shoot people up than use it to jump around. Hence the "pogo stick war" joke, got it now? Good.

Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 01:34PM)ElCrema Wrote:
(23 Dec 11, 12:36PM)Sarin Wrote: Gameplay has to be realistic to be fun? Thats a new one...

What?? Look if you wanna bash something I say at least try to say something smart or that makes a bit of sense. No one here is talking about AC's realist gameplay. I'm Just saying that if I'm given an Automatic Rifle I would rather shoot people up than use it to jump around. Hence the "pogo stick war" joke, got it now? Good.

I got everything you said, seems you didnt get what I ment...I know it was a joke...yeah and I was serious when I typed all that? lol. Read the thread, your comment is as useless as mine. Pick your side and send an email to Paul if you want to participate.... if not, spare us of your opinion because it means nothing to someone who already likes something you dont like? And its your problem you dont get it. If you want me to show you why we like it, ill be happy to. We are just exploring the full potential of this game. I like both fragging and jumping. Peace! Last useless reply...
Thanks given by:
gema war with no gemas? I think if it's equal gemas and regulars then it gives teh hateurz an opportunity to gain an understanding, gives people a chance to coincide peacefully together and so on, makes them wanna, use guns for jumping, not killing, you know....
[Image: btn_imagine_peace_275.gif]
and maybe we don't call it gema war either.
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 04:02PM)Hellspell Wrote: and maybe we don't call it gema war either.
Yeah, I thought it was gonna be gemas :'(

Thanks given by:
Well, Ill explain it so everyone understands. I want to PROVE that people who play gemas know how to frag too. If gema luv team beat gema h8 team, thatll make an impact, and will help spread my gema luv plan, which has yet to see part 3 and maybe part 4. Remember, this is part 2.
Also... Why do I want it to be streamed? (apart from the obvious reasons?) So in the intermissions the server will be open and everyone can hop on in and play peoples favorites gemas, or maybe let gema pros jump in and show us their ownage. That is yet to be decided but is a fundamental part of this thinggy.
This is based around gemas, so they will have a strong presence, but we need gema haters to hop on in. I dont see why a person who doesnt like gemas would feel the need of playing one, thus the GEMA WARS.
Im also preparing little videos of gemas best moments, and I forgot to meantion that earlier. If you can/have/would make gema nice videos (as people do fragging videos), thatll be amazing and will be posted in the site, or, in a sites absence, on this forum.
@Mike, the gemas which could be played could be decided by the gema luv team once its formed. Everyones opinion will count.
@Hellspell, sometimes the only way to achieve peace is through war... and we have the benefit that no one will be hurt! But, as I said above, why would anyone not interested in gemas give a damn about this? Im giving them the oportunity to beat the crap out of gema "frog jumpers" in an online streamed competition, its as good bait as there is! If no one shows up, then, its because they have something to hide, or maybe they just dont give a fuck, and from that ill learn, well learn, who is who in this awesome community we ALL form.
Thanks given by:
I do hope some gema haters will show up and play us gema lovers, kicking ass is always fun.
Thanks given by:
Ok, hers an example of gema videos:

Gibbed-Gema10, Erwan:

Gibbed-Gema10.cgz
Gibbed-Gema10.cfg

Jigsaw, FredriK:

This map I dont have, but you get the idea... Thanks gema luvrs for the links!
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 04:51PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: and from that ill learn, well learn, who is who in this awesome community we ALL form.
Jeez I dunno. After all, awesome is a strong word.

You say "Jejeje, I think you guys believe itll be gemas what will be payed, Im talking about MATCHES in official maps. Gemas are for n00bs, this is a WAR we are talking about..." but then "This is based around gemas, so they will have a strong presence" so im a little confused. I like the idea of half gemas half shooters if that is what it is to be.
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 11, 10:57PM)Hellspell Wrote:
(23 Dec 11, 04:51PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: and from that ill learn, well learn, who is who in this awesome community we ALL form.
Jeez I dunno. After all, awesome is a strong word.

You say "Jejeje, I think you guys believe itll be gemas what will be payed, Im talking about MATCHES in official maps. Gemas are for n00bs, this is a WAR we are talking about..." but then "This is based around gemas, so they will have a strong presence" so im a little confused. I like the idea of half gemas half shooters if that is what it is to be.

lol hellspell he wasnt being serious.
Whats the word? Irony?
Thanks given by:
Hey he fooled gambino as well xD
Or was he being ironic too? O.o
Or maybe... no, no, it can't be - maybe you're being ironic!? D:
Thanks given by:
LOl @ HellSpell, umm Paul no offense, but nobody takes gema's seriously.
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 11, 12:05AM)Murmer Wrote: LOl @ HellSpell, umm Paul no offense, but nobody takes gema's seriously.
LIES! Nobody takes YOU seriously.

Thanks given by:
Ok, how do I phrase it so no one get confused.

I love gemas, and im very sad no one does nothing about it. This im doing to promote gemas to a new level. I want gemas to be fucking official, I want a gema mode, and I see no reason why that wouldnt apply. Im tired of listening to old topics, and I want people who care about them to fight along me against EVERY cliche that applies to gemas. And the first most heard one is "you are a gema n00b, you dont know how to frag"
tempest wrote, on are gema maps fun?:
Quote:Well, why don't you just give it a try? Play against some of the "pros" here and then tell us how it went. (On a serious map, I mean)
This is a war to prove gemas have more to it than it meets the eye; its "against" people who say
Quote:"nobody takes gema's seriously"
; its against some of the community formed around this game, who wont acknowledge that gemas can be fun, and are fun; its against restrictions; its against hate.

Where are all the gema haters now? I dont see them coming here and giving an open honest opinion about what they think about gemas. I, therefore, challenge all of them to an open war, to fight to see if we are those "gema n00bs" that they think we are...

I wonder if any original developer is reading this. What is YOUR opinion about gemas? Is it that far away from the concept around which you based this whole game that you feel it doesnt belong? That you prefer it to be left aside? I think you guys are afraid. Afraid of the possibilities that gemas would give to this game. Afraid that they become more played than the original game.
But thats my supposition,, and Id love to hear THE real reason, because dont shell me bullshit as
Quote:* Nightmare plays first person shooters to shoot.
or
Quote:Those nonsense... erm... call it whatever but don't call it maps are just a disgrace and a smack in the face to all mappers whom spend quite some time to come up with top notch atmospheres and environments for us to get our kicks on.
or
Quote:then why the hell do you play AssaultCube, a game that's supposed to be realistic-ish and has no game mode dedicated for GEMAs and similar stuff.

I play gemas, and I play gemas in AC. And Im not afraid of saying so. I know people who only play gemas, and I challenge you to find one day of this 2011 when NOT A SINGLE GEMA MAP has been played on the masterserver. I bet 20 bucks right now there have been days when not a single PF has been played. So, there you have it, my reasons behind the GEMA WARS.

Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 11, 12:05AM)Murmer Wrote: LOl @ HellSpell, umm Paul no offense, but nobody takes gema's seriously.

they're just a game, why should people take them seriously? Same with the whole of assaultcube, it's merely a free game you can download and play on a low end computer. I'd pity the person who takes a game they didn't even buy seriously.

@Paul It might make people think twice about gema players being poor fraggers, but it wont make them want to make gemas official. I'd play it for that reason though, I like gemas, not that I played them nowhere near as much as regular maps (I say played because I haven't played ac in months) but I'd come out of ac retirement to play for gema love and give the gema hateurz a good hiding. Still, that wouldn't be half as satisfactory as if it was half gemas of half regulars and watching the so-called Pros of the ac world fall down the first hole on 40+ gema.
Thanks given by:
@Hellspell, Well, as i have said, this is part 2 of my plan, and the goal is exactly that, to make people think twice about the "you play gemas? you are a n00b" theme that goes around in here.
Im so happy to hear about your willingness to be a part of the gema luv team, and, as for now, you are the first recruit XD!! Congrats!
And yes, I also think that itd be awesome to see someone fall in the hole in 40+ , that would be LULZ at its best, but, the idea is to attract people who dont play gemas. What could be done, and this just came to my head, is, to bet with them. If they lose a certain number of matches they would have to play a gema chosen by the community until they finish it, or something like that!!!!!! Waddya think about that? LOL , it sounds great to me! Let them chose what they want gema luv to do if they win, but if they lose, they WILL have to finish a gema, jejejejejjejjeee. XDDDD
Thanks given by: