Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
20 down to 15 won't affect me greatly, maybe look at reducing the pushback?
Thanks given by:
I had suggested that as well but figured it would cause too much of an uproar from AR users. :p
Thanks given by:
15 mag gogogo
Bukz for Dev president.
Thanks given by:
Maybe that uproar would be beneficial to game balance

people with decent a decent amount of skill won't care from 20-15 that's still 3 unarmored kills per clip, if i am AR running i am usually sure of my opponents position, basically it will slow me down 5 bullets of AR running, i rarely empty a whole clip when AR running, this would suggest the pushback is very high
Thanks given by:
Yes, reducing the pushback would be better than lowering to 15 bullets per clip.

Vermi for the AC dev leader.

[Image: me-gusta.png]
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 06:41PM)pweaks Wrote: Yes, reducing the pushback would be better than lowering to 15 bullets per clip.

Vermi for the AC dev leader.

[Image: me-gusta.png]

I'm just the ideas man
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, I don't think the clip is too big, purely because there are times where I fire dead on an enemy in a firefight, but due to bullet drop issues, I end up using 20 rounds almost just to kill one person, give or take (this is not an issue all the time however, only some of the time, personally I get roudn this by pulse firing). The pushback could be decreased imo because that would make certain maps more challenging, e.g. Des3, when CLA rifle sprint down short with the flag by the time you get out of the base as an RVSF player the CLA player has already got the their base.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 11, 01:09PM)Jason Wrote: (this is not an issue all the time however, only some of the time,)

Jason, you big college boy you.

Pushback enables you to rifle sprint at a quick pace, but it also makes the AR harder to handle in some regards, the pushback will slow you down if you are walking forwards of course, this is why i believe the man running backwards as opposed to the man running forwards will win an even firefight more often, you can either use the pushback or fight against it, lowering the pushback will change the whole feel of the AR and a complete rework will be needed to restore weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 11, 01:15PM)Vermi Wrote: Pushback enables you to rifle sprint at a quick pace, but it also makes the AR harder to handle in some regards, the pushback will slow you down if you are walking forwards of course, this is why i believe the man running backwards as opposed to the man running forwards will win an even firefight more often, you can either use the pushback or fight against it, lowering the pushback will change the whole feel of the AR and a complete rework will be needed to restore weapon balance.

Weapon balance comes more with the dmg it does, not so much the feel, that's to do with the learning curve of each weapon, e.g. the Sniper has a higher learning curve, but the best snipers are quite surprisingly terrifying, e.g. L0rdzz and Sanzo in a 2v2 team would be more than enough against two strong AR say yourself Vermi and myself.

No. The issue with AR is the pushback, I notice when I 1v1 Vault, the absolute moment he sees me and begins firing he is already trying to rifle sprint away from me as he does so, to try and push forward and fire is suicide as it slows you down and therefore makes you easier to hit, hence why the SMG is better in offensive situations as it allows more maneuverability.

To test weapon balance and the feel of the game is what SVN is for, which is why it does no harm to implement it in SVN and try it, and in return get feedback from ourselves and others.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 11, 09:29PM)Jason Wrote: hence why the SMG is better in offensive situations as it allows more maneuverability.

see 90% of ac players using AR ALL THE TIME in 1.1

i know that feel bro

Thanks given by:
I think that reducing the AR clip to 15 would work well to balance it, as it would reduce it's fighting power but still allow it to be used for rifle sprinting.
Thanks given by:
Idea: When you throw a grenade and it hits someone, make it take of something like 1hp so that the player who had the nade bounced of their back can be made aware of that event happening.
Thanks given by:
@ Lantry. <3
How many good community players(including devs) have to F1 the 15 round magazine AR before it happens!?
xD
Thanks given by:
you don't understand that a good player can work around having less in their clip, you are confused by crowded public matches
Thanks given by:
15 ammo won't make a difference :) Just a bit less rifle jumping or more accurate shooting.
Thanks given by:
Well it's not supposed to destroy it. <3
That 25% loss of rifle sprinting(full clip), more often reloads, more required accuracy. That may be enough to give the other weapons a better shot.
F1 to taking a little bit of kickback power too.
Thanks given by:
15 rounds means that instead of mowing down 3 people with a single AR mag, you can only get two of them and the third one will get you. That makes quite a difference.
Thanks given by:
Instead of decreasing the clip of the AR, decrease the damage and give more pushback.
On the other side increase the damage of smg and let everything else like recoil and spread like now or change back to 1.0.4 states, but not this shitty recoil like in the SVN atm.
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 04:03PM)tempest Wrote: 15 rounds means that instead of mowing down 3 people with a single AR mag, you can only get two of them and the third one will get you. That makes quite a difference.

5 hit kill + 15 rounds = 3 dead guys
D:
on unarmored at least~

half of the shots bounce off them anyways so it always ends up being one guy per clip <3
Thanks given by:
WTF is this, your gonna make the clip size 15. I want to know, is there even one Assault Rifle that has a clip of 15 these days. No. If you want to lower it make it 18. 15 is not enough. It would be 1.0.4 all over again.
Thanks given by:
https://mitchelarmory.com/products-page/...al?amp&amp
jajajajajaja 15
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 04:03PM)tempest Wrote: 15 rounds means that instead of mowing down 3 people with a single AR mag, you can only get two of them and the third one will get you. That makes quite a difference.

your will very rarely kill 2 non spastic opponents in a head on firefight ,and if it weren't a head on firefight you would have time to reload, if you want to balance the game so it's balanced among a crowded server continue down this path of clip size reduction.
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 11:02PM)bballn45 Wrote: It would be 1.0.4 all over again.

Except for the part about it having more damage and pushback, right? ;)

Thanks given by:
Reduce the ammo size to 15? Lol, how retarded. If you want to reduce it, reduce it to an amount that makes sense. I wouldn't mind less kickback or less damage.
Thanks given by:
Wut?

If you think a 15 round AR clip is a bad idea, rather than knocking it, why not throw a number out there that you feel is more appropriate?

The AR had a 15 round clip back in 1.0.4 btw, but it was lacking in other areas, so now we have the overpowered AR that is 1.1.0.4. Reducing mag size and pushback are both great ideas, IMHO.
Thanks given by:
That's insane, your making the gun worse with pullback, now your gonna make it go down 5 bullets. That's stupid. I garuntee all the people that want 15 don't even use the AR. The SMG is already gonna be very hard to beat while using the AR.
Thanks given by:
If the pushback isn't changed that much, reducing to 15 would be a nice idea. And i use the AR ;)
Thanks given by:
put AR to a 15 bullets clip back will help to decrease kickback effect and require more control when you aim. ATM, AR damage is too high and so is the pushback

by the way, comments like "how retarded" with no explanations are not welcome. Please post something more constructive.
Thanks given by:
I use AR <3
Bukz & Luc@s = <3 Devs that play competitively <33333
Thanks given by:
Bukz plays competitively?

Luc@s has been an AR hater from day 1, have your own opinion about the weapons, it's not hard
Thanks given by: