Poll: Which weapon is your primary weapon on ac_desert?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Precision Tech AD-81 Sniper Rifle
42.86%
6 42.86%
DDR-88 Knife
7.14%
1 7.14%
It's not just for T/OSOK
50.00%
7 50.00%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Strategies and Tips of Ac_Desert!
Topic: Tips and Tricks of the map Ac_Desert
Description: Ways and places to improve your chances of winning and beating scores you have never seen before.

-Chapter #1: Know your areas-

When on the map ac_desert, or any map for sake, you should know the spots of the map, where each team comes from, and how to kill them better. I have some pictures of each main spot you need to know.

Spot #1: The Knifer Area

The Knifer Area RVSF view-
[Image: 9a69o9.png]

The Knifer Area CLA view-
[Image: 30jl6s5.png]

I call this spot the Knifer Area, because of the fact that many players from both sides come through this area, and it is such a small area, you can easily knife your enemy, without struggling to shoot them. This is one of the easiest ways to know your knife more, and help you out a lot in the long run.

Spot #2: Scoper's Kingdom

Scoper's Kingdom RVSF view-
[Image: 5nrojt.png]

Scoper's Kingdom CLA view-
[Image: bgwcpg.png]

This area is one of the most popular parts of the map. Yes, players do run through this area to get from base-to-base, but, this is a very difficult area most players try to scope the enemy team through, it helps to crouch, and to stay out of the way from the enemy team, but still easily see them. It takes practice, but it is definitely worth it a couple of times per-game.

Finally, each team has one great area to camp, and to get good kills. I have listed each of these spots below:

Best area for RVSF:
[Image: 33ufp0o.png]

Why is this the best area? Well, you can see 2 entrances that CLA will run through, and since it is so high, you can not get knifed quickly, and have a good chance at fragging before you are fragged.

Best area for CLA:
[Image: 2rmkqvr.png]

Why is this the best area? Well, unlike RVSF, you have 3 entrances that RVSF will run through, and cannot be knifed quickly.

-Chapter #2: Know your strategies-

There are many MANY different ways you can practice this map. One of the best strategies I use, is using the single player option, found under the main menu. From there, you can access which map you would like to use, along with the players, and the game mode. See diagram below:

Setup:
[Image: 2a6labo.png]

Gameplay:
[Image: f5c41z.png]

Since you can choose your difficulty, you can learn going from a Rifle to a Knife, or vice versa, starting at the worst players, to the best. Trust me. This seems weird, but it helped me learn knifing, which I am now scoring over 500 on ac_desert as my final score!

-Chapter #3: Getting higher scores

On TOSOK version, (Team-One-Shot_One_Kill), You are provided with a Precision Tech AD-81 Sniper Rifle, and a DR-88 knife. You may think that just getting headshots with your Rifle will get you a whole large quantity of points, you are wrong. If you ever run into a person who is standing there, use your knife! It is worth more points, and in the long run, will effect your score by close to 20 points! That is why you really want to strategize your weapons. Don't always use a sniper rifle, and get killed easily by very good knifers that just sneak up behind you. You are given strategy for a reason, use it!

I hope this helped you immensely in your playing of ac_desert. Just remember everything you read here, and have fun. Don't be upset if you die a couple of times, because everyone does. You just need to tell yourself to keep going.

This guide took me around 2 hours, so please, give me good feedback on this. If you have your strategies, I am in no way telling you to change it, this is just a helping guide on how to improve your skills on this map.

Credits: 100% |DEATH|Ryan for the Tutorial

Goodluck Assaultcubers!

-|DEATH|Ryan

Thanks given by:
VERY NICE. i find this very informative, but i knew about all those angles already. *sadface*
Thanks given by:
OMG! Thanks mykegregory! I'm so shocked! You say *sadface* too!?!?!??! I love saying that!

Anyways, thanks a lot!

-|DEATH|Ryan
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 11, 11:12PM)|DEATH|Ryan Wrote: ...I am now scoring over 500 on ac_desert as my final score!
You are either high, you confuse 50 frags with 500, or you think we are dumber than we are. I don't mean that I think you suck too much to get this score, but simply that it is just physically impossible for anybody of whatever skill to get this many frags in a normal match. Even if you mean LSS, it's just not possible to get it this high, and in my 2 years of experience I simply know for a fact that you can't do this. It's like saying I can jump 60 ft. with my legs alone, no matter how good you are, it's just something that can't happen ;)

Besides that, it's nice to see someone making an effort to help the community. We could later on save these threads of yours for newcomers in the future.

Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 11, 11:37PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(18 Jan 11, 11:12PM)|DEATH|Ryan Wrote: ...I am now scoring over 500 on ac_desert as my final score!
You are either high, you confuse 50 frags with 500, or you think we are dumber than we are. I don't mean that I think you suck too much to get this score, but simply that it is just physically impossible for anybody of whatever skill to get this many frags in a normal match. Even if you mean LSS, it's just not possible to get it this high, and in my 2 years of experience I simply know for a fact that you can't do this. It's like saying I can jump 60 ft. with my legs alone, no matter how good you are, it's just something that can't happen ;)

Besides that, it's nice to see someone making an effort to help the community. We could later on save these threads of yours for newcomers in the future.

You mis-understood me! I didn't mean 500 frags! LOL! I meant as my final score at the end of the game when it combines your frags and deaths. :) Sorry for the mis-confusion.

|DEATH|Ryan
Thanks given by:
You're simply showing your pre-1.1 experience Wolf. It's that new column in the score table, that match-players ignore. :P

Ryan, it is nice to see someone putting this much effort into giving something back. Run up some (very) brief guides for more official maps and they could be good to include in the wiki, under each map. Think about showing important areas on the overhead map instead of lots of screenshots (/mapshot in-game).
Thanks given by:
@|DEATH|Ryan: You say *Sadface* too! *shockedface*
Thanks given by:
*palmface*
haha jk
Nice guide!
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I'm too noob D:
Thanks given by:
Nice job! Practicing with bots is a good idea, because they have aimbot just like people online because they have excellent aim, which is required in OSOK.
Thanks given by:
I like your guide!
However, I already knew these things about ac_desert. But I like the move to an official map!
Thanks given by:
Nice guide, but I do think that all you're doing is showing people how to camp.

It might be good to show a map overview and then show some routes to go...
Thanks given by:
this should be a sticky.
Thanks given by:
I found that you missed several better spots to kill enamies from..
Thanks given by:
Wikization!
Thanks given by:
Cool stuff. :D As people said it missed a few things so I made a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVccLVIR7e0

Of course this doesn't get everything either but hopefully it helps. :)
Thanks given by:
Again, i appreciate the effort! Do continue! :D
Thanks given by:
gj, "Ryan, it is nice to see someone putting this much effort into giving something back" -jamz

^agreed it is nice.

It would probably help a lot of newcomers, if you did a guide on CTF, defense and offense strategies, along with betters routes to take. ( official maps of course )

gl.
Thanks given by: