X(
I don't get it. I can't type the name "Hitler" in the chat in game, but this faggot gets to call himself [SS]Hitler. Why isn't that name a ban-able offense? Am I missing something here?
Thanks given by:
Already discussed, people are named Obama and it's not banned as well. A nickname blacklist would be stupid, a word filter is even more.

Bad admin(s).
Thanks given by:
Gibbed servers nick_blacklist Hitler
Thanks given by:
they should rename the team titles to Counter Terrorist and Terrorist so that i can name myself osama bin laden and play ftw in Terrorist team. allah
Thanks given by:
Osama is already dead... Bad choice to play as a dead terrorist :/
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 14, 01:50AM)ExodusS Wrote: Already discussed, people are named Obama and it's not banned as well. A nickname blacklist would be stupid, a word filter is even more.

Bad admin(s).

Obama = President of the U.S.
OSAMA may be what you meant.

Though I tend to understand your point, but it's entirely bad form. It's unnecessary. I can even understand appreciating his military tactics, which were simply incredible. And his art, beautiful. But he is still responsible for the deaths of millions of people from shallow and disgusting blind bully hatred and penis envy. A little man where it counted, and foul and putrid inside his wee little faggot heart.

But I guess... it's his choice to pay homage to such a loser.
Thanks given by:
Maybe he just really dislikes Obama?
Thanks given by:
This game is a foxing game where people kill the fox of each other and we can't use "bad language" in the chat? It is a foxing war, they won't say "fornicate", or "coitus".

//mod edit: fixed words
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 14, 04:51PM)Multiverse Wrote: This game is a foxing game where people kill the fox of each other and we can't use "bad language" in the chat? It is a foxing war, they won't say "fornicate", or "coitus".

Read again, tough guy. That's not even what this thread is about. Take the time to fully understand what's going on around you before you start tapping on your "fucking" keyboard.

And yes, it is a game where we kill people. But no one dies IRL. I could care less about bad language, and the content of the game bears little merit on anything.... It's simply a game. Trust me, I fully understand the difference.
I rage and say stupid things..... but I will never understand the mentality it takes to call yourself the name of a "person" who killed millions of people because of a simple inferiority complex. He speaks volumes as to the nature of little men in a big position.

//fixed quote
Thanks given by:
y shud you use names of histories worst villains. Though it might be ok for you, there may be others who may have been directly or indirectly affected by these pplz actions so its better to keep these Words banned. Also the admins may not monitor each and everything going in a game so they miss a few times taking action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difference between Reality and Dreams is reality sux
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 14, 04:59AM)Boomhauer Wrote: but I will never understand the mentality it takes to call yourself the name of a "person" who killed millions of people because of a simple inferiority complex.
//fixed quote

I don't know about anyone else but I think a lot of people do it for the same reason one might call themselves a_slow_old_man. It's pretty harmless humour to see it pop up on the screen that someone splattered a slow old man. Or that somehow someone fragged Hitler, not that I'm suggesting the two people are in any way associated. It just reads funny.
Perhaps I'm just too innocent to realise that ac is largely populated by rampant neo-nazi's spreading propaganda via /name.

Anyway I'm a bit confused as to how calling yourself Hitler used to be an offence worthy of being reported in the blacklist thread but people weren't denied connection from all servers for using that name automatically. I mean if it is - or at least used to be a punishable offence - then why let people commit it?
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 14, 06:09AM)Hellspell Wrote: I don't know about anyone else but I think a lot of people do it for the same reason one might call themselves a_slow_old_man. It's pretty harmless humour to see it pop up on the screen that someone splattered a slow old man. Or that somehow someone fragged Hitler, not that I'm suggesting the two people are in any way associated. It just reads funny.

[Image: Camper-140x100.jpg]

I agree it might be funny but how many ppl see that. Its like team killing happens in games not intentionally but wen ppl start doing team killing intentionally then its wrong. Same here, Fun part is good but doing it to offend others is wrong. How do u judge that? so its better to keep it out of game entirely.

Quote:Anyway I'm a bit confused as to how calling yourself Hitler used to be an offence worthy of being reported in the blacklist thread but people weren't denied connection from all servers for using that name automatically. I mean if it is - or at least used to be a punishable offence - then why let people commit it?

LIke using Joker(batman's Villain) or any other name is not wrong so I dont agree with blacklist either. Ppl shud have maturity enuf to stop using it wen others ask them to. If they repeat it, just forget them. Play the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last time I checked I am still intellectually shunted.

What do you see in this, the Name or the Picture?

[Image: th?id=HN.608038786733116387&pid=15.1&P=0]

I see the picture and still cant stop laughing
Thanks given by:
You guys obviously have no connection whatsoever to WW2

Grinch your last post is retarded, the joker is a fictional character, and why on earth do you think ppl are named shitler? Because they are trolls, the only reason they are named like that is to provoke people. Do trolls stop when you kindly ask them? Doubt that.
Thanks given by:
Plz read my earlier reply, where i said it wud offend many ppl. I was replying to Hellspell, if u can find fun in that and others in the game share the fun its ok but if it is problem then remove it.

But instead of all that I also said ban such words.
Thanks given by:
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. I remember someone having the name magicalpenis. Funny. Gross, but funny.
And Money$hot. Funny-ish. Also Gross.
Someone used the name Osama bin Laden... not funny, unless they really suck, which is sometimes funny.

The name Hitler doesn't ever have a positive connotation that I can think of.
That's a different category altogether.

That may be because I'm American.

The closest I can come to making other people understand that aren't American, German, or Jewish.....

If someone named themselves Robert Mugabe, or Mariam, I'm sure it will bother some people from Africa.

I find it kind of funny when I see the player that calls them-self Jong-il. Just because he's another example of a little man complex gone awry. But someone from Korea might find it appalling. Kim-il Sung? Yeah.

Or maybe Stalin, Lenin? I think that could disgust a lot of Russians or Swedes.

Ho Chi Minh? Any Vietnamese here?

Saddam Hussein... Tons of people in the middle east. Like, literally committed mass genocide on multiple races.

Hideki Tojo? Any Japanese here?

Mao Zedong... Killed over 20,000,000 people in China.

I wouldn't call myself any one of these names, and several others, simply because in the tiniest silliest way possible it glorifies the names of mass murderers and genocidal tiny-cocked losers.

But whatever. I'm over it.

Just know that anyone I see in the game with a name like this will get no attention from me save negative.
Thanks given by:
I think at least some of those leaders are still loved or remembered fondly in their home countries. Perhaps not by everyone but then again who is loved by everyone? Roger Federer perhaps?
I could be very wrong but I thought Ho Chi Minh, Stalin, Lenin and the leaders of Korea were well liked in their own countries.
Hitler is different, no-one likes Hitler but people like "unarmed gibbed Hitler". The name of any historical or well known figure beside "you fragged" looks funny, Ronald_Reagan for example. To me it does anyway. I always figured that was the point of it.
Thanks given by:
A word on gibbed.me's filters:

1) I don't use a chat filter. Freespeech and whatnot... people will talk like an asshole regardless as to whatever chat filter you have and the vote system will take care of them.

2) Assholes generally use asshole names. As such, I do use a nickname filter. This is because it keeps n00b assholes from joining in the first place. A nickname filter won't stop non-n00b assholes from using a different combination though (e.g. "f%ck" can be used instead of "fuck"), hence I generally don't attempt blocking them due to the masses of possible combinations. For those non-n00b assholes, the vote system will take care of them... and hopefully, blocking their preferred name will make joining the server less appealing.

3) The nickname filter blocks names that will likely be used in an adverse way, even if they're not adverse. For example, it's very common, that someone named Hitler, will be an asshole (funny that). Another example, someone named "fag" is most likely insulting someone, rather than proudly displaying their homosexuality. Another example, you'll never see someone named "jew", actually be of the jewish faith.

*EDIT* 4) Regardless as to whether you think, say, "Hitler" is an offensive name to use or not, you must realise it offends a large proportion of people. Myself, I don't find Hitler offensive because regardless as to his views, etc, it's just a name to me. But I recognise that others are still offended by it because of what the name stands for. Hence, I block it so that others joining the server get the hint, that they shouldn't be using the name.

Etc. Here's the list: http://www.gibbed.me/bl/normal_nickblacklist.cfg
Thanks given by:
If you just dig a bit in the WWII history, you can find some positive facts about Hitler, like the way he tried to fight against the banks. The main issue is that (in French history lessons) everything is good or everything is bad, like if adding a few positive points on someone who was bad in average would confuse the students or would influence or help the students to use it as solid counter-facts? It's just too obvious that those who won the history wrote our history books, I don't know about America, but History is a huge bullshit in France, we even have laws to forbidd anyone who want to contest or modify a history fact, even if the historian has proofs. Thanks to internet for educating our brainwashed little heads.

EDIT: Adolf and Adolph are banned as well?
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 14, 11:24PM)ExodusS Wrote: EDIT: Adolf and Adolph are banned as well?

So many assholes that can't spell. Just so many. Rarely is "Adolf" or "Adolph" not a hitler usage.
Thanks given by:
It's a pity that a bad person can ruin what used to be a good name. Doesn't Adolf mean wolf or something in German?
Thanks given by:
you'll be surprised but wolf is Wolf in german ... it might have originated from wolf tho, I'm not sure
Thanks given by:
Adolf actually means something like noble wolf

The name is a compound derived from the Old High German Athalwolf, a composition of athal, or adal, meaning noble, and wolf; compare Rudolf. The name is cognate to the Anglo-Saxon name Æthelwulf.

needs to be said that most people dont even know/care what their names mean, so it isnt common knowledge
Thanks given by:
I don't think anyone should care, etymologies can be interesting but names don't have their meanings now. If no-one acknowledges the meaning of a name it is now only a sound to represent a person.
Thanks given by:
BTW, SS|Hitler's current ranges are:
120.18.0.0/15
120.23.0.0/16
49.183.70.0/23
49.183.94.0/23
These ranges affect NO OTHER players.
Thanks given by: