Poll: Are there too many unskilled players in assault cube?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.14%
32 56.14%
No
43.86%
25 43.86%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Unskilled players
I find that a lot of public servers lack any good players, I'm not trying to brag or anything but I find it quite easy to dominate all the players who are making very simple mistakes when playing. I consider myself an average player in most FPS games but in ac it becomes quite easy to get a ton of frags.

Problems that many players have:
  • Horrible aim
  • Maneuverability (You can run circles around many players)
  • Players don't pick up armor and sometimes even pass up health
  • Spray and pray (Many people stand in one spot and just fire)
  • A lot of people have horrible ping (Don't choose the right servers)
  • They select the wrong weapon for many maps (Sniper on a short range map for example, or shotgun on a long range map)

Also I think that the shotgun is a bit too overpowered and tking occurs too often. I find it annoying that many of my own teammates fire at me when I am carrying the enemy flag because they see the wrong color.

Here is an example of a game where I died about a dozen times from my teammates killing me, yet still dominated the game with a shotgun because it's so easy to kill with it.
[Image: GkWl2.jpg]

What do you guys think? I think a tutorial should be included on first run and available in the menu to teach people about the game.
Thanks given by:
I might be wrong or it is a paradox, but don't you have that score just because, as you said, public servers players lack of skills?
Thanks given by:
Yes that's pretty much what I'm saying, however in many other FPS games this is not necessarily the case.
Thanks given by:
there are more skilled players in 1.0, me and alot of others are having too many problems in 1.1
but anyways a tutorial sounds like a good idea
Thanks given by:
You mean kinda like Urban Terror that gives you a little tutorial in a demo that explains everything like wall jumping and shizzle? Could be nice...

Look for the two servers that says HI SKILL and then 1.1 or 1.2 beside it. I find that server having most of the at least 2-3 known skilled players though you can also try on TyD Champagne... It all depends in the time really, but you definitely have to be aware of which servers the pros like, a server like THE BEST SERVER IN AC COME NAU with 24/7 ac_desert TOSOK most probably won't be that popular with skilled people.
Thanks given by:
I play at 1.0.4.
I believe AC has lost many skillfull players, Well I never see them on 1.1 but I see a few on 1.0.4 still :)
Thanks given by:
they are there just look in the right servers ;) I mostly play on TyD servers or BCFH servers and usually see one or two skilled players.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to think that it's a bit obnoxious for us to call players unskilled :P, because many of us aren't in the position to say that. The problem with players that can hardly kill at all is because they're approaching the game incorrectly.

Generally, when people see screenshots for AC, they're going to expect something somewhat tactical and slow paced, and not so arcade and blitzy. That's why we have players who don't move at all when they shoot, and don't move enough in game anyway.

Also, I've always attributed the "horrible aim" and being able to run circles around such players in pubs because of low sensitivity settings. I don't think most new players will be able to jump in and find their way around, unless they've had experience with arena type games.

Personally, AC doesn't have an overwhelming majority of players that can't seem to play the game properly (I don't like the word unskilled, they're just not playing the game as it was designed to)--it just seems that the aforementioned players flock in the same servers. I myself am not even as good as many other players, but I'm talking about players who do not spend their time playing with novice players.

In short, the best option to prevent new players from becoming frustrated at their inability to kill (it is not about making the game more competitive by making it easier), but really just educating them and showing them how the game is meant to be played. Concepts such as not moving while shooting because it will decrease the accuracy of your gun (like in many other games) should be replaced with concepts that this game should feel like an arena like Quake--it just has a more realistic look and feel, that's all.
Thanks given by:
there are too many unskilled players in my team but not enough in enemy team
Thanks given by:
i think that bots should be enforced and that kicking players for being a n00b should be allowed. i practiced playing with bots for around 3/4 year before i went online :D
Thanks given by:
I don't want to play bots 3/4 of a year and I really doubt making newcomers do that will make them interested in playing the game O.o
Thanks given by:
yea well thats how i learned how to play without screwing up other people's games.

* JGAN n00bs around.
Thanks given by:
Confession time:
Hm, I'm not a n00b, and yet I dont qualify my self as "skilled" ask yata and huntsman. I haven't been playing AC so much, and my skills have suffered. Now I'm not saying that I was a great player before, I'm just sayin' that not all people are "pros". I have a few excuses on my side, a couple of which boil down to using a trackpad (weapon choice, et all) and just my overall time spent on the game nowadays.

More on topic:
I like playing with people worse than me, it makes me feel good.
Play on private servers to get good games.
Thanks given by:
I feel offended by this thread.
Thanks given by:
My strategy guide fixes many of these errors
But noobs don't go on forums :(, and they don't seem to listen to chat at all. Like you've all said, they come from a different family where you're supposed to crouch often, shoot slowly and not run around because "there is no cover and it ruins your accuracy".
Thanks given by:
pubs on all games contain noobs.
learn this rule and you will own noobs everywhere ( lol pun )
Thanks given by:
If there were only skilled players,who would you kill?I prefer to play versus "less" skilled players than hackers.
Thanks given by:
I actually get bored pretty fast playing vs worse players than me, plus, it doesn't help me improve. Play vs players that are worse than you for about 30 min, then go on a serious inter/clan match with pro's and you will be so used to not breaking a sweat and not caring you will have such a hard time.
Finding a cocky player that sometimes gives you a hard time on a pub match is fun since you get the thrill to show him who's boss xD
Thanks given by:
so you can frag in a pub..i dont see the big deal

play an inter or join a clan and play matches to get some real skill going
pubs are just for fun and to past time
(24 Sep 10, 03:50AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Finding a cocky player that sometimes gives you a hard time on a pub match is fun since you get the thrill to show him who's boss xD
Thanks given by:
Yeh I tend not to join a pub unless there are like atleast 4 people I know. Why? Because most of the time its so easy to get flags and frags its not funny.
Thanks given by:
I find that if i join a pub, shortly after many other skilled players will join, and thus the server is now good and competitive.
Thanks given by:
It's cuz we are all stalking you. <3
Thanks given by:
Cos we all <3 Shorty :P
Thanks given by:
Mabye your just a BadA$$
Thanks given by:
IMO that's cuz 1.1 is totally fkd up in comparison with 1.0.4,plus you were using a shotgun it's the most easy weapon in 1.1
Thanks given by:
You're a /CENSORED BY ADMIN/ that just wanna show a good score.
Not everyone has the talent to play good. Not everyone had a teacher or friends who teached him the game. Almost no-one can play this game well without help.

And what is skill? You should play mys/w00p/.. and you would find urself as a noob.

ADMIN COMMENT: please watch your language
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 03:51PM)Syntax Wrote: educating them and showing them how the game is meant to be played.

I am a noob, so let me ask you this: can you give me a "basic package" of "DOs" and "DO NOTs".

So far, I have mostly been using the submachine gun and trying to find a good cover from which to shoot. From this thread, I guess I should do the exact opposite, run as fast as I can and try to shoot opponents at point-blank range with the shotgun, right?

What would you "noob tactics advice package" consist of?

Thanks,

Farhad
Thanks given by:
I'll try to help.

The most important thing is to walk around in full health, included vest.
Use the nades to your advantage, gain skills in lauching them against walls to hit your opponents from where they can't see you!
Walk side ways, using w+a or w+d, you'll walk 40% faster!
Shotgun is effective in short range, use that to gain advantage.
SMG is good vs groups of enemies; when shooting jump backwards, it stables the aim and the enemies get all confused.
Don't use hacks, someone WILL blacklist you.
Thanks given by:
Just keep playing and you will sooner or later start getting the hang of the game. Every game mode has its tactic, like in TOSOK where aim and covering yourself is crucial, while in CTF it's that plus using pickups smartly, running in certain ways or paths when you know whatis happening in one side of the map to get the flag easily, etc. All this is learned by time and experince.
Don't hack if you get frustrated sometimes, you will lose the purpose of the game and you will get caught.
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 10, 01:04PM)cOGhost Wrote: You're a /CENSORED BY ADMIN/ that just wanna show a good score.
Not everyone has the talent to play good. Not everyone had a teacher or friends who teached him the game. Almost no-one can play this game well without help.

And what is skill? You should play mys/w00p/.. and you would find urself as a noob.

ADMIN COMMENT: please watch your language

I don't FUCKING care.

Mod comment: Maybe some time out to thing will make you care.
Thanks given by: