Region: EU

Just noticed this. isn't Israel in asia? *.*
Thanks given by:
[quote='Music' pid='154703' dateline='1409656674']
[quote]
MUSIC!

I was Anticipating this kind of argument

Understood not right?
I went back to playing with another purpose, I want to know same, what I did "NOW" to be quoted in this kind of subject, that "NASTY"

I have not committed any kind of cheating (Currently), who play with me know what I'm talking

"do not judge me by the SYNOPSIS, if not the best part you lose" STARIX/A/
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 03:01PM)starix/A/ Wrote:
(02 Sep 14, 12:17PM)Music Wrote:
Quote:MUSIC!

I was Anticipating this kind of argument

Understood not right?
I went back to playing with another purpose, I want to know same, what I did "NOW" to be quoted in this kind of subject, that "NASTY"

I have not committed any kind of cheating (Currently), who play with me know what I'm talking

"do not judge me by the SYNOPSIS, if not the best part you lose" STARIX/A/
Sorry, can you post in your native language? I don't understand your post.

(02 Sep 14, 02:42PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(01 Sep 14, 08:25PM)BunnySoul Wrote: In-Game Nickname: bunny
Region: EU

Just noticed this. isn't Israel in asia? *.*

Is bunny from Israel? I'll send him a PM about it.
Thanks given by:
simply is there, I do not see anything wrong -.-'
Thanks given by:
The entire middle east is Asia O_O
I thought they were south europe/north africa border nations.
Fail for me.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 03:08PM)Music Wrote: Is bunny from Israel? I'll send him a PM about it.

He lives in Israel, but he was born in Belarus iirc, which is in eastern europe. I guess it's up to you which region he plays in. From my personal perspective, I have no problem playing with bunny pingwise since his connection is pretty good to most european servers.
Thanks given by:
In European football Israel plays in Europe too, maybe this can make a difference xD
Thanks given by:
I'll take a better look at it tonight as well. The regions were basically chosen because of time zone. And that's why the world title has a bigger time to play -- because the time zones are drastically different.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Music, please retire ECA# tag of my name :)
Thanks, I left the clan
Thanks given by:
I didn't run a background check on starix because he's Brazillian. I ran a background check on Starix because, as far as I know, he suddenly appeared on the scene. I didn't know what his history was, so I sent a PM to jamz. I would have done the same for ANY unknown player who tried to enter my tournament.

As for any ex-cheaters in this tournament, I do not pretend to have been long enough to have a full history of every single player here. In fact, .rC|hosta would have already been accepted in the tournament if a community member had not told me privately that hosta was an ex-cheater. It was also at that time that someone told me one of the already accepted members, .rc|Xemi has a dubious history as well. I had already been reconsidering the cheating rules at that point -- mainly that the rules at that time said that if you hadn't been blacklisted in 1.2 you were clear to play. I was under the impression that in the last few months, starix/A/ had been cheating in this version. I apologize if I was wrong. Hence, I had denied him. Currently, the rules state that if you have been blacklisted previously, then it can be put to a community vote. That is why hosta's participation is under vote. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your stance), .rC|Xemi has already joined under the previous rule so he has been grandfathered in. Howver, you can have my word that if anyone is caught cheating, then they will be removed from the tournament, no questions asked.

Now I'm going to argue against your racism case:
1) You, 1Cap, are Brazillian and you are playing.
2) LeKo is Brazillian, and he is playing.

I will NOT deny someone entry to the tournament based on ethnicity. I, however, did allow .rC|Xemi to join despite not knowing that much about him based on what I knew of his clan's reputation. I do not believe Rising Cubers is a clan that fosters cheaters, and have faith in Rising Cubers to moderate their own members.

Similarly, if you truly believe I have made a mistake in denying starix/A/, I will reread my PM with jamz very carefully again, and if i do not specifically see that he has been blacklisted for cheating ever, then I will gladly allow him to join.
Thanks given by:
well, bunny also plays for russia in ACWC, and madcatz who is russian is in ASIA, sooooo, both Isreal and Russia are hereby declared asian, case solved

(02 Sep 14, 08:00PM)Music Wrote: In fact, .rC|hosta would have already been accepted in the tournament if a community member had not told me privately that hosta was an ex-cheater. It was also at that time that someone told me one of the already accepted members, .rc|Xemi has a dubious history as well. .

is this community member also participating in the tournament? if not he should have no influence in this. IMO the participants should be the one deciding wether or not they want to call a vote on someone (e.g. i dont want a vote for xenon if he wants to participate, but if e.g. EnTy wants to play i do want to have a vote)

im not saying this to defend my clanmates, im saying this because i think its ridiculous that theres a vote needed for these players, they are allowed to play ACWC, so they are clean (afaik :D). no vote needed.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
So we shouldnt be racist about brazilians, but dont give a fuck about ex cheaters and ban them from playing?

Your logic keeps surprising me
Thanks given by:
starix is very obviously not a cheater.

I don't know the story of xemi but "dubious history" seems a bit intense. Let's not go slinging shit where there isnt a problem.

@1cap,
It's not a game about politics or clans. Music is trying to make something that is fair. So far he has taken criticism well. How is this tournament unfair so far? The fact that unknown players are done research on before they play? That seems like a great idea to me. Furthermore (related to your position about clans with ex-cheaters), one can make many mistakes and should not be judged by them, but should be judged by how they improve. Something to think on.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 11:04PM)Marti Wrote: So we shouldnt be racist about brazilians, but dont give a fuck about ex cheaters and ban them from playing?

Your logic keeps surprising me

Marti, no personal attacks please.
Thanks given by:
Feel free to skip this post, it's to address 1Cap.
Thanks given by:
1Cap,

1) Upon rereading the PM, I realized I read the PM wrong the first time. You are right. Thank you.
2) Can you tell me the reasons? I was not trying to push the rsponsibility of judging to other players. Rather, I recognize that my judgements may be harsh at times (ie. I would disallow anyone who has ever been suspected by jamz of cheating). Obviously, if the community votes a repeat offender in, I would definitely veto as repeat offenders and should be carefully watched -- especially in competitive matches.
3) This is a concept known as "grandfather rights". That is to say, his participation was judged under the rules at the time and he passed. He did not cheat in ACv1.2. And there was no vote at the time, so he gets to play. That doesn't mean I won't take away his right to play if he engages in misconduct. As it stands, I would be more than happy to remove .rC|Xemi from the tournament if I had a valid reason. Unfortunately, I don't and to be fair I have to let him play.
4) Thank you for both your support of my tournament and community players.
5) I didn't know LeKo either, and hence I asked jamz to check him out for me. Jamz clearly gave me a clean bill of health for him to play -- that is to say, to Jamz's knowledge LeKo has never cheated. And hence, LeKo is currently participating in this tournament.
6) I do not support cheaters of any kind, nor do I support clans who support cheaters. No, this is not a clan tournament. This is an individual tournament. However, allowing people to wear their tags helps separate people with the same name (ie. Guardian).

1Cap, I'm sorry you feel that way about my tournament. This tournament is in its alpha phase (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_re...ycle#Alpha) and hence contains many mistakes. I hope to clean those up in the coming months. I am also open to any suggestions you may have to make this tournament more fair. If you are not comfortable publically posting such comments, feel free to send me a private message. Remember, all suggestions are considered but not all will be implemented.

Thank you again for support, participating, and giving me feedback,
Music

PS: I agree that prior ACWC tournament eligibility means nothing for this tournament.

Dear all,

Unforunately, I am currently a one-man band right now. As such, it is difficult for me to browse through the thread to find sign-ups, challenges, completed challenges, and tournament feedback. Therefore, I would appreciate it if everyone keep on-topic.

Of course, I understand that it can be hard to discuss topics extensively on the forums at times. If there is anything that you would like to discuss with me at length (player participation, unfair rules, even player attitude), feel free to drop on by on TS3 "1v1 Tourney hosted by Music and {BoB}" @ ts.bob-ac.net, or IRC on #ac1v1 @ GameSurge.net.

Thanks again for everyone's support and participation,
Music
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 14, 07:02PM)Music Wrote:
(30 Aug 14, 06:43PM)Flames Wrote: well this seems interesting...

flames
AS

No clan?

Nope no clan.
Thanks given by:
As far as this tournament, I really don't care what you think of me, or what I think of you. I will let you join as long as you follow the rules. However, I expect the same amount of respect that I give you. This type of behavior is unacceptable:

Quote:03:21 -!- black_chicken_shit [[email protected]] has joined #ac1v1
03:22 < black_chicken_shit> this tournament is illegitimate
03:22 < black_chicken_shit> it denies the true champion from participating
03:22 < black_chicken_shit> suck your mum on halloween
04:16 -!- black_chicken_shit is now known as suck_your_mum_on_xmas_day

Undead is hereby banned from this tournament for a period of three months, or until he learns how not to respect his fellow persons -- whichever is greater.
Thanks given by:
Why am I even involved in this?

"1) If you have been blacklisted for cheating or bad behavior (bad behavior at the discretion of moderator vote) in 1.2, you are not allowed to play. If you have been previously blacklisted, that is up for vote by the current pool of tournament players."
Thanks given by:
undead rofl

who did you deny
Thanks given by:
Challenge Vanquish or graziano
Title to Contest:EU
Current Date:friday or tomorow or other days
Proposed Game Date: after his game
Mode:DM
Map:Desert
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 10:31PM)ReDBuLL Wrote: Challenge Vanquish

what if graziano wins? :D
Thanks given by:
edited :D
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 10:31PM)ReDBuLL Wrote: Challenge Vanquish or graziano

Quote:1) You cannot challenge a champion who already has a pending challenge.
This is also to block "I call winner" challenges. Please wait until that game has finished.
Thanks given by:
Luv how music ignores xemi's post :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 14, 02:42AM)xemi Wrote: @Waffles

I challange you!

Map : ac_desert DM
Today's date : 8/27/2014
Match date : 8/27/2014 is fine?
Time : 9:50 PM

8 days, past a week.

(21 Aug 14, 11:00PM)Music Wrote: 5) If the champion cannot defend their title in the time frame set by eligibility rule (1 week for region and 2 weeks for world), you automatically inhereit his title.

Are you extending their time, Music?

Also it's Inherit. Got a little typo in the above quote. :D
Thanks given by: