Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ACWC Predictions
The bolder, the better.

Mine:

Round 1
  • UK will defeat RUS, although the combination of Sveark and Morrigan will certainly give them a run for their money (does [RUS] know that Gorgeous was removed?
  • Due to the difference in amount of practice beforehand, LA| will defeat NL| (According to Marti most of his mates are on vacation atm)
  • SRB will beat =CaN=, although JMKane is a legend
  • Fra defeats =ITA=, hope to see Harrek vs. Andrez for battle of shotguns
  • +BRA+ will defeat ALG|, possible IGC carry (although PiToN played very well in the qualifiers)
  • de vs PL, one of the two closest games of the round, but I have faith in the Germans to pull off the win.
  • +AUS+ will beat PT, though it'll be good to see some of the old faces back (rambo & razor)
  • The second close game of the round. If both Waffles & vault play for USA, then I think USA will beat NRD; otherwise it could be close

Edit: Seeing Night's post, guess I should go the full tourney then

Round 2
  • UK beats LA, LA has good teamwork but UK are quite strong fraggers
  • Fra beats SRB
  • .de defeats +BRA+ as Newbie avenges his pal Fearles' loss to IGC & crew
  • +AUS+ beats USA as the oNe lads prove they're still strong even without Waffles

Round 3
  • Fra beats UK, despite Vanquish's ratio-whoring skills
  • +AUS+ beats .de

Round 4
  • Fra beats +AUS+ as w00p reassert themselves as one of the top two teams in AC, thanks to the newly acquired RedBull and Honor
Thanks given by:
lol are u " Mãe De Ná " ?. but , good predictions !
Thanks given by:
Round 1

UK defeats RUS led By Vanquish the Conqueror.
LA defeats NL fueled by superior team chemistry.
SRB destroys CAN.
FRA turns ITA into pizzas.
BRA defeats ALG led by IGC the Crusher.
GER defats POL.
AUS defeats PT as Xenon carries the torch as best kangaroo.
USA defeats the Vikings thanks to Waffles faking an eye injury to get their guard down, then playing twice as good as normal.

Round 2

LA beats UK despite Vanquish nearly carrying a victory for the Queen.
FRA defeats SRB.
GER defeats BRA despite IGC's great play.
USA defeats AUS, with Waffles carrying a bit better than Xenon.

Semifinals

FRA wins easily over LA and advances to the finals yet again, oui oui escargot.
GER defeats USA.

Finals

France defeats Germany, Harrek gains MVP award.
Thanks given by:
UK <- RUS although the rus' could really put on a show and upset the brits
LA <- NL
SRB -- CAN depending on who plays and team chemistry
FRA <- ITA
BRA <- ALG
GER -- PL depending on team chem
AUS <- PT
USA -- NRD depending on waffles eye and the nordic roster
Thanks given by:
UK > RUS
LA > NL
SRB > CAN
FRA > ITA
BRA > ALG
GER > PL
AUS > PT
USA > NRD
Thanks given by:
My predictions: South Americans and Oceanians will lag, compared to other countries.

I don't think Aus will beat de.
Thanks given by:
Round 1:

UK > RUS
LA > NL
SRB > CAN
FRA > ITA
BRA > ALG
GER > PL
AUS > PT
USA > NRD

Round 2:

UK > LA (UK wins by a slight edge)
SRB < FRA (SRB gets smashed)
BRA < GER (BRA gets smashed worse than SRB)
AUS > USA

NOTE: AUS vs USA is quite an interesting match-up. Waffles is the best player on the field IMO. But the 1-2 punch of Xenon and Undead will overpower him. The game changer is Vault. If Vault plays, then USA has a chance to pull an upset. Only question is that if Vault and Waffles line up against Undead and Xenon, can Xemi match Vermi? So in all, even counting in whether or not Vault plays, I say AUS has a 70/30 adv.

Round 3:

UK < FRA - the teamwork of FRA will be too strong.
AUS > GER - skill level and chemistry here. that is all.

Round 4:
AUS > FRA - i think with revenge in mind, AUS will pull through a very tough trial and win narrowly vs FRA.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 01:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Round 4:
AUS > FRA - i think with revenge in mind, AUS will pull through a very tough trial and win narrowly vs FRA.
Do not forget that Fra has also improved, notably in the form of RedBull, another one of the top players in the game.
Thanks given by:
Canada wins the whole thing in a stunning upset.

(unlikely)
Thanks given by:
You can do it.

(note: bad pun)
Thanks given by:
once again FRA get the easiest run to the final, lol
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 03:03AM)Vermi Wrote: once again FRA get the easiest run to the final, lol

it's all an anti-aus conspiracy

kchub to win in the final
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 02:32AM)Zarjio Wrote: Canada wins the whole thing in a stunning upset.

(unlikely)

this.

(05 Aug 13, 03:03AM)Vermi Wrote: once again FRA get the easiest run to the final, lol

prove who's the stronger team when you get there then :)
Thanks given by:
Seems like vanguish doesn;t like you Homer ;] .

Quote:I don't think Aus will beat de.

Right , they don't because de won't pass even first round.

RUSSIA GOGOOGOGOGO BLACK HORSE
Thanks given by:
AUS USA
thats the real shit nigga
Thanks given by:
Lelelelel my mates arent on holiday oracle, only 1/4 of my team is :D
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 12:25AM)Oracle Wrote: .de defeats +BRA+ as Newbie avenges his pal Fearles' loss to IGC & crew

but before that, anyone knows where Newbie is, or how to contact him ? And will he show up before the ACWC start ?
Thanks given by:
He's in Poland
Thanks given by:
My prediction was posted in a scoreboard screenshot fyi ;)
Thanks given by:
russia to slaughter france

rip harrek bonaparte
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 10:06AM)Mati Wrote: He's in Poland
Meeting with the enemy.
Thanks given by:
First round :
  • UK vs RUS - It will probably be a very close match, but I think UK have more experience.
  • LA vs NL - If NL don't have enought players to play It will be difficult to win Biggrin
  • SRB vs CaN
  • Fra vs ITA
  • BRA vs ALG - IGC win even in 1v3
  • de vs PL - Will be a very close match if both best lineup can play, but i'll bet on PL
  • AUS vs PT
  • USA vs NRD - I'd really like to watch this match, but as aNy said they don't have all their players.
Thanks given by:
[Image: sqggsm41.ixd.png]

Round 1
  • UK vs RUS:
    • Close win for UK. Kind of hoping for Sveark and Morrigan to pull off some magic though -- and if they do win, I think LA will stop them in their tracks on the next round.
  • LA vs NL:
    • Can go either way, but I think LA will pull off with a win owing to their (what I assume to be) superior fragging -- and their teamwork isn't a slouch either.
  • SRB vs CaN:
    • I don't think CaN can pull off a win here..
  • Fra vs ITA:
    • With France being one of the favourites, I expect them to win this match.
  • ALG vs BRA:
    • As I haven't seen ALG play, I'm not certain who will win -- although I will say that BRA is expected to win here.
  • de vs PL:
    • Both sides have strong teams, however, I think Germany will pull off a win here. With that said, I won't be surprised if PL wins.
  • PT vs AUS:
    • Being familiar with the AUS team, I expect them to win.
  • NRD vs USA:
    • I predict USA will win this round, even if Waffles/Vault doesn't play. I'm assuming BigGunZ, teapot, and Xemi will be the lineup for USA (BG and teapot have excellent teamplay).

Round 2
  • UK vs LA:
    • This is going to be a close match. I think that it can go either way. UK has Vanq who is a strong fragger and OpTiC is an excellent flagger. As for LA, I see them as a more balanced team; they're all good at fragging and have good teamwork too (they have years of experience playing together as a team -- #M|A#). Ultimately, I think UK will pull it off (I'm assuming a Vanq/Shield/Optic lineup).
  • SRB vs Fra:
    • I expect France to once again win their round.
  • de vs BRA:
    • I think Brazil's ACWC campaign will end here.
  • AUS vs USA:
    • This will be another (very) close match. I think USA will be the stronger fraggers here, but AUS has superb teamwork. That said, I think AUS will advance here. But I also won't be surprised if USA manages to pull off a win.

Semi-finals
  • UK vs Fra:
    • France will win this owing to their excellent teamwork. However, UK will still give France a hard time.
  • de vs AUS:
    • Depending on Germany's lineup, they may be able to apply good pressure on AUS which may be enough to give them the win. However, being biased for AUS, I expect them to win this match to once again face France in the finals.

Finals
  • Fra vs AUS:
    • Both teams are very strong, and to my eyes, they set the benchmark for what it takes to be the best team in AC. I want AUS to take home the Gold, but my gut feeling is that France will once again win ACWC in a nailbiting match.
  • UK vs de:
    • This is another great match-up -- although I think Germany will walk away with the Bronze. However, I'm also hoping UK will finish with a medal too.
Thanks given by:
AUS to get trashed on by USA, undead, vermi and i havn't played in about 400000 years
Thanks given by:
Xenon, AUS doesn't need to play to be the best.

Feel free to come play on my rig Xenon ;)
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 09:28AM)Mati Wrote: Seems like vanguish doesn;t like you Homer ;] .

The bracket was random - and thanks for spelling my name right. :D

[Image: sqggsm41.ixd.png]

Round 1
  • UK vs RUS:
    • Our lineup is uncertain atm, since Shield is away in America, which means our most-trained lineup won't be able to play. However everyone on our team is capable so I believe we will pull the win, although it may be quite narrow. Could this be the first year that the UK have ever advanced past round one of the ACWC? :D
  • LA vs NL:
    • Everyone seems to underestimate the Netherlands, however they could be surprisingly strong if they actually get a team together. However I believe that won't happen, and they'll play with a lineup they haven't trained, thus LA's experience will bring them victory.
  • SRB vs CaN:
    • It depends on the lineups of both teams. I predict that Serbia will win but I still think Canada will hold a respectable score.
  • Fra vs ITA:
    • I think France will win, even though they are without two of their strongest players (Redbull & Mystered are both on holiday for this match). If Italy train they could potentially do well, however if it gets to the tiebreaker, Fra| can just break out Sanzo and he'll use his ac_mines hax to destroy everyone.
  • ALG vs BRA:
    • Brazil will win fairly easily.
  • de vs PL:
    • If their star player Newbie comes back, I predict Germany to win with a top lineup (Horus/Newbie/@cid). If he isn't back, I still think Germany will win, but it will be closer. Much like Fate though, I wouldn't be awfully surprised if I am proven wrong.
  • PT vs AUS:
    • Even though Australia are supposedly rusty, I believe their teamwork and coordination will be of a much higher standard, even if the frags will be somewhat similar.
  • NRD vs USA:
    • I predict USA to win purely based on fragging domination, however I think their teamplay will lack. If NRD train hard I believe an upset is possible, as from what I've seen they have a more unified style of play.

Round 2
  • UK vs LA:
    • We'll have Shield back for this match, so we'll be more scary! Despite that I believe it depends on the day and could go either way. Gothic is a map we're relatively strong on, but I believe LA| are too (possibly stronger? i don't know). If it gets to the tiebreaker, I believe we stand a better chance, as Shield is ridiculous on urban.
  • SRB vs Fra:
    • France will win, reasonably comfortably. They're strong on both gothic (the round map) and urban (the tiebreak map), and Mystered will have come back from holidays too.
  • de vs BRA:
    • Will be incredibly close. I think Germany will take the win, but narrowly.
  • AUS vs USA:
    • I think AUS will win. USA are incredibly strong fraggers, but AUS' teamwork and coordination is arguably the best in the game. If you put that alongside with the fact that Australia are likely to be constantly training now to regain their old fragging skills, by the time this match comes I think they'll take the win.

Semi-finals
  • UK vs Fra:
    • power and sunset, two strong woop/Fra maps (yes, this was all still randomly done tho), I think we're gonna lose. Hopefully we'll at least go down proudly.
  • de vs AUS:
    • I think Australia will be able to win due to superior teamplay, but Germany won't make it easy for them (especially on sunset).

Finals
  • Fra vs AUS:
    • Same as Fate. I just have a gut feeling that France will pull this. However, both teams are incredibly strong on both shine and elevation. Whatever happens, it will be interesting.

3rd place
  • UK vs de:
    • I think this will largely depend on how often we're willing to dedicate to training together, as I know that's something Germany are doing more frequently than us now, at least. If we don't practice more, I'm pretty confident that Germany will take the bronze. If we do practice more, then it will hopefully be a close and interesting match.

inb4 all my predictions become true and people say the ACWC was all planned kkkkk
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 02:49PM)Vanquish Wrote: however they could be surprisingly strong if they actually get a team together. However I believe that won't happen, and they'll play with a lineup they haven't trained, thus LA's experience will bring them victory.

this is what i fear lol
Thanks given by:
I predict ill trash xenon, regardless what happens :D.

On a serious note, usa had a strong chance without vault or i. Haste, bg, teapot, xemi are all very strong players. The difference, as some have stated, is their experience against these "stronger" teams. I think you'll be surprised by how effective these "lesser known" players will do.

Who is the nordic team? Any, jonhux, and??

Something that is interesting is that ive been teammates with (at some point) everyone within the first two rounds that usa will fce.

I have SRB, FRA, AUS, GER, USA, NL, UK, BRA to win the first round.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 03:55PM)Waffles Wrote: Who is the nordic team? Any, jonhux, and??
Hi.
(05 Aug 13, 03:55PM)Waffles Wrote: Something that is interesting is that ive been teammates with (at some point) everyone within the first two rounds that usa will fce.
False :)

I think USA will beat AUS in the 2nd round and beat de in the semi-finals.. However they will lose in the final to France.
Thanks given by:
The semifinal start already on round two...
AUS vS USA!
Anyway, same prediction as Oracle and Vanquish.
Thanks given by: