Experimental AI plays CTF
Lol exo how exactly did you set that up? BTDM with you in spectate? :D
Thanks given by:
It's like watching 20 really shitty cheater with aimbots! :P
Thanks given by:
Here's an update: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=49...XWkt_ZBTts

Still experimental/WIP but with some improvements and bug fixes.
Algorithmic changes:
1) when computing a path through the waypoint graph the bots temporarily take exclusive "ownership" of the nodes on that path. This greatly reduces collisions between bots;
2) randomize the edge costs in CTF, otherwise all the bots will move along the cheapest path "corridor";
3) slightly more complicated decision making for CTF.

Picking up dropped guns by the human player is no longer automatic, there is now a "pickupgun" function that can be bound to a key press. The whole gun drop / pickup experimental feature can be disabled via the aigunpickup variable.

Best regards and enjoy!
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 06:48AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I like this.

I hope this can get into the official package. If you can make that happen, a bot campaign mode might actually occur.

I'm interested in getting this to work on every platform that AC currently supports. That would be awesome.

What are the "official" AC compilers for Win/Linux/Mac?
Thanks given by:
For windows its vc++ 2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=14597
Thanks given by:
LLVM is what is what use for mac. Currently having issues again, but I'll get it working.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 06:02PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Lol exo how exactly did you set that up? BTDM with you in spectate? :D

Yes i'm just spectating, handling bots with "/idlebots 1" until i'm ready to record. And I just created a huge map in 5 minutes and modified the menu_bot.cfg to load games with more than 32 bots on a custom map.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 13, 08:39AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: what is what use
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 13, 01:08PM)Cemer Wrote:
(28 Jan 13, 08:39AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: what is what use

Yes, you better appreciate my typos for all that they are worth.
Thanks given by:
The sources include a VS2008 project file. I´m currently using Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I´m considering switching to VS 2010 Ultimate.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 13, 10:27PM)ärkefiende Wrote: The sources include a VS2008 project file. I´m currently using Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I´m considering switching to VS 2010 Ultimate.

My code as drafted uses lambdas to express the actions executed by bots in specific states. Would you recommend that I use function objects instead, to stay compatible with 2008 even if you decide to move on to a newer compiler?
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 13, 08:39AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: LLVM is what is what use for mac. Currently having issues again, but I'll get it working.

I set up a sourceforge project, see here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/moddedcube/cod...ree/trunk/

The modded AI works on Windows and Linux. Could not get the XCode project to build on OSX 10.8 (x86_64), looks like the frameworks that are checked in are 32-bit only?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I have problems with that two. Every time I remake my project, I have to fiddle with things until it works. I forgot how I made it work last time, and I have to do it again right now.

If you ever find INTL.framework somwhere, tell me. No clue where it came from.
Thanks given by:
VonDrakula, check your PMs :p
Thanks given by:
glad to see new talent involving in the AC development ! I hope your collaboration with the dev team will be successful on this project and hopefully more :)
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 13, 08:06AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yeah, I have problems with that two. Every time I remake my project, I have to fiddle with things until it works. I forgot how I made it work last time, and I have to do it again right now.

I looked for instructions on how to build libintl as a framework but I gave up and ifdef-ed out the calls to _gettext and i18n manager for __APPLE__. I tried replacing the ogg and vorbis frameworks with equivalents I found on some quake site, and the code built but failed to run, the dynloader wasnt too happy about ogg...

(04 Feb 13, 11:20AM)ärkefiende Wrote: VonDrakula, check your PMs :p

not seeing anything, pls try again my gmail account, thx.

(04 Feb 13, 05:17PM)VonDrakula Wrote:
(04 Feb 13, 08:06AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yeah, I have problems with that two. Every time I remake my project, I have to fiddle with things until it works. I forgot how I made it work last time, and I have to do it again right now.

I looked for instructions on how to build libintl as a framework but I gave up and ifdef-ed out the calls to _gettext and i18n manager for __APPLE__. I tried replacing the ogg and vorbis frameworks with equivalents I found on some quake site, and the code built but failed to run, the dynloader wasnt too happy about ogg...

(04 Feb 13, 11:20AM)ärkefiende Wrote: VonDrakula, check your PMs :p

not seeing anything, pls try again my gmail account, thx.
nm, found the message. I was low on caffeine :p
Thanks given by:
New talent come, i hope this mod will be in official version of AC.
Finally CTF in singleplayer...
Why not also create mission and scenario for the future, it seem so fresh!

Anyway, gl, nice initiative/improve to this community. ;-)
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 07:22AM)Aekom Wrote: Could we have the drop/pick up weapons system in SVN to see how it would fare in AC? I like the sound of this, although having the drop function binded to a key would be better.

https://sourceforge.net/p/moddedcube/cod.../trunk/ac/

You will need to copy over the packages directory from the official SVN and (on Windows) the required DLLs. Give it a try.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 07:22AM)Aekom Wrote: Could we have the drop/pick up weapons system in SVN to see how it would fare in AC? I like the sound of this, although having the drop function binded to a key would be better.

Wouldn't that require some new weapons animations?
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 11:40AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:

Wouldn't that require some new weapons animations?

You mean for rendering the guns available for pickup? I render them as ANIM_MAPMODEL and rotate with a timer.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 08:11AM)VonDrakula Wrote: https://sourceforge.net/p/moddedcube/cod.../trunk/ac/

You will need to copy over the packages directory from the official SVN and (on Windows) the required DLLs. Give it a try.

Was a drop/pick-up bind key implemented in this? I couldn't figure out what it was.

Also, the bots don't seem to respond to /idlebots.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 02:09AM)Aekom Wrote:
(17 Feb 13, 08:11AM)VonDrakula Wrote: https://sourceforge.net/p/moddedcube/cod.../trunk/ac/

Was a drop/pick-up bind key implemented in this? I couldn't figure out what it was.

Also, the bots don't seem to respond to /idlebots.

The pickupgun command is not bound to any key by default.

/idlebots (nor any other command implemented by the current bot code) is not supported in my AI -- for the simple reason that doing so would require changing the implementation of those commands to also be aware of the experimental AI, and I thought that's too intrusive.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 02:31AM)VonDrakula Wrote: /idlebots (nor any other command implemented by the current bot code) is not supported in my AI -- for the simple reason that doing so would require changing the implementation of those commands to also be aware of the experimental AI, and I thought that's too intrusive.

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. If the command would have a similar function to the one that currently exists in the official branches, I don't think anybody would have any qualms about you having to revise the code so that it works with your AI.

That aside, I'm loving the drop/pick-up system right now. It would change the dynamics of the gameplay by adding an element of unpredictability into it. My only suggestion at the moment would be to have the hudgun drop down and raise with the new gun using ANIM_GUN_RELOAD. Similar to how it's done while selecting your next/previous weapons.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 04:23AM)Aekom Wrote:
(19 Feb 13, 02:31AM)VonDrakula Wrote: /idlebots (nor any other command implemented by the current bot code) is not supported in my AI -- for the simple reason that doing so would require changing the implementation of those commands to also be aware of the experimental AI, and I thought that's too intrusive.

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. If the command would have a similar function to the one that currently exists in the official branches, I don't think anybody would have any qualms about you having to revise the code so that it works with your AI.

What I meant is that for the purpose of the experiment I wanted to keep the changes contained, to minimize the merge conflicts when I update from SVN.

When and if the devs decide to adopt some this stuff into the official code then yes, I agree that all the bot commands should be integrated.

If this ever goes from proof of concept to "production" there will be definitely some cleanup required, I should probably start a list on my mod project page in Sourceforge.

Will look into the HUD animation suggestion, that is a great suggestion! Shouldn't be too hard to implement either ;)
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 08:43AM)VonDrakula Wrote:
(19 Feb 13, 04:23AM)Aekom Wrote:

What I meant is that for the purpose of the experiment I wanted to keep the changes contained, to minimize the merge conflicts when I update from SVN.

When and if the devs decide to adopt some this stuff into the official code then yes, I agree that all the bot commands should be integrated.

If this ever goes from proof of concept to "production" there will be definitely some cleanup required, I should probably start a list on my mod project page in Sourceforge.

Will look into the HUD animation suggestion, that is a great suggestion! Shouldn't be too hard to implement either ;)

Done:
http://sourceforge.net/p/moddedcube/code...ree/trunk/

/idlebots should work now too ;)
Thanks given by:
This has to find its way into the next release. :D
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 10:36PM)Aekom Wrote: This has to find its way into the next release. :D

For multiplayer the dropped gun list should be maintained by the server, I am guessing kind of like the entities and related messages are coded?
Thanks given by:
For a newcomer, your work is quite impressive. Nicely done, Mr. Dev ;).
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 10:36PM)Aekom Wrote: This has to find its way into the next release. :D

By "next release" do you mean 1.2 or the next one after that?

I spent some time over the last few days and got it working in multiplayer with the SVN code. I'll ask the devteam if it's okay to check it in. I have a hunch they'll recommend making a branch off of the 1.2 trunk.

The feature feels kind of a mutator, orthogonal to the game modes. I have it currently off by default, it gets enabled in MP by an additional flag in the map rotation file and by a variable in SP respectively. I've added a function for players to voluntarily drop their primary weapon. I can see two interesting uses for it: 1) help out a team mate 2) trick an enemy by dropping a weapon that's low on ammo.

The change requires a protocol version bump as it adds new client-server messages (SV_DROPGUN, SV_GUNDROPPED, SV_PICKUPGUN, SV_GUNPICKED). Hope it won't be a problem.

Cheers,
vondrak
Thanks given by:
A question about dropping weapons. Do you drop them on death, or just voluntarily?
Thanks given by: