Ideas
(08 Oct 12, 12:19AM)Nightmare Wrote: flagholder loses ability to use weapons, outside of the flag as a melee weapon. Flagholder can also throw flag like a grenade to toss it to a team mate. Rifle sprinting's op-ness is now gone, without losing it's ability in the rest of gameplay. And teamwork matters instead of rambo AR guy owning you by himself while his partner spins in circles. Two problems fixed ftw.
this idea is just simply remarkable. nightmare for leader of ac dev team
Thanks given by:
So, Halo CTF?
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 12:24AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: While I feel losing the ability to fire a weapon is a bit...exaggerated, you could have some effect like being slightly weighed down by the flag (i.e. less jump and/or slower movement).

Wouldn't be fair to other weapons then. I like his idea :)
Thanks given by:
<333333333
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 12:19AM)Nightmare Wrote: flagholder loses ability to use weapons, outside of the flag as a melee weapon. Flagholder can also throw flag like a grenade to toss it to a team mate. Rifle sprinting's op-ness is now gone, without losing it's ability in the rest of gameplay. And teamwork matters instead of rambo AR guy owning you by himself while his partner spins in circles. Two problems fixed ftw.

While we're at it let's make the characters 7ft tall, exchange the akimbo for a rocket launcher and allow a banshee to be driven around the circumference of depot
Thanks given by:
^And swap out that knife for an energy sword :P
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 01:33PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote:

While we're at it let's make the characters 7ft tall, exchange the akimbo for a rocket launcher and allow a banshee to be driven around the circumference of depot

You can throw the flag in Halo? O.O
Never played it.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 01:33PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: rocket launcher

in all seriousness, a really long reload time and slow rocket speed would make shine hilariously funny

and i like AC ctf because the flagholder can cap really fast- its great fun
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 06:53PM)Cemer Wrote: and i like AC ctf because the flagholder can cap really fast- its great fun
Speaking of flags...
In KTF, what if the flag reset after each point a certain number of points were scored (see Sauerbraten, either hold or protect I forget, but I'm pretty sure it's hold)? At least then you can't lose to some camping whores :3.
Maybe not each point, but after a certain number...
Thanks given by:
Now now, don't kill off our clan match chances.
Really shouldn't be losing to campers in tktf :p
Thanks given by:
specific flags for each mode (ktf, htf, and ctf)
Thanks given by:
Make the AR explode and kill the user instead of firing?

Seriously though, I want to be able to toss the flag. Not far, just so I can give it to someone without them having to come take it from where I drop it. Seperate key bind for tossing it of course. I can think of many times this would have been useful for me.
I'm sure I remember this being suggested before though. ;-)
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 12, 04:58AM)Boomhauer Wrote: Make the AR explode and kill the user instead of firing?

Seriously though, I want to be able to toss the flag. Not far, just so I can give it to someone without them having to come take it from where I drop it. Seperate key bind for tossing it of course. I can think of many times this would have been useful for me.
I'm sure I remember this being suggested before though. ;-)

In svn, you can :)
Thanks given by:
For Devs/Mods: Show actual rules with in-stone consequences. Like that one thread tried to get at.
Thanks given by:
Remember the fact he angered more than one dev, and annoyed even more than that.
Thanks given by:
I'm so l33t.
<3 nightmare
(13 Oct 12, 07:11PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Remember the fact he angered more than one dev, and annoyed even more than that.
So? Bans should be objective, not subjective.
Thanks given by:
Ikr. I mean, I get the jamz example. His soccer team lost, and the first negative event of the day would lead to a 6 month ban. That's just how things work across the pond. But anything over a one month ban on paul is pretty unfair. Especially after his private conversations got revealed in an attempt to embarass him. Even people who want him banned publicly posted it was a bs reason.
Thanks given by:
I don't even know what soccer is.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 12, 01:41PM)Nightmare Wrote:
yes please
Thanks given by:
I am still behind in whats going on in development. Is there an auto-kick for a certain number of tks? Like after 3 teamkills you are kicked from the server for the rest of the game? Lots of times I am teamkilled so much I just quit playing for the day. It drives me nuts! I hate to see that sporadic stationary spin right before some dumbass teammate blasts me with a shitgun.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I had one guy change his name to "Felix-the-Ghost" and team kill ONLY me. He just reconnected every time he got auto-kicked and killed enemies too which seemed to reset his "I'm a blatant team killer" level. No one in those 20 player pubs knows how to vote it seems.
Thanks given by:
tools & Bukz achievements default :3
Maps aren't the only thing that can be added to improve the game. :3
Thanks given by:
max players should be 30 imo
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 12, 03:11AM)ChO Wrote: max players should be 30 imo
15v15 on any official map sucks imo
Thanks given by:
32v32 ac_douze anyone?
Thanks given by:
* Ability to pick/drop up weapons/ammo from dead bodies (or from someone that drops his/her weapon intentionally) so you are not stuck with the same weapon until the next round. As you pick up more weapons your speed/velocity decrease since you carry more weight, I think this will allow to change your gameplay/tactics constantly and choose whatever combination you like the most.

Just imagine sniper/shotty (lol!), sniper/ar, ar/shotty, you get the idea :)

Also, limit the numbers of players tha can use AR, Shotgun, carbine, etc, so there are no more ar/shotty wh0res, this will increase competitivness as only few will be able have the AR, so if you want an AR kill the guy who have the AR (preferably of the enemy team) and try to live longer by increasing tactics/team play.
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 12, 05:29AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: * Ability to pick/drop up weapons/ammo from dead bodies (or from someone that drops his/her weapon intentionally) so you are not stuck with the same weapon until the next round.
This was talked about at some stage, and I'm pretty sure that quite a few people supported it. At least, the ammo part was.

(29 Oct 12, 05:29AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: As you pick up more weapons your speed/velocity decrease since you carry more weight, I think this will allow to change your gameplay/tactics constantly and choose whatever combination you like the most.
If you're suggesting that people should be allowed multiple primary weapons, no. AC's supposed to be simple. Allowing people to switch from sniper to AR would also be overpowered.

(29 Oct 12, 05:29AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Also, limit the numbers of players tha can use AR, Shotgun, carbine, etc, so there are no more ar/shotty wh0res, this will increase competitivness as only few will be able have the AR, so if you want an AR kill the guy who have the AR (preferably of the enemy team) and try to live longer by increasing tactics/team play.
Again, AC's supposed to be simple. Join a server, pick a weapon, and play.
Thanks given by:
How about a server we connect on maps with different ambient sounds or models...we can auto downloaded the models or sounds we don't have?
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 12, 08:41AM)ONYX Wrote: ...
I believe that it's being worked on now.
Thanks given by:
but..if the ambient sound i use other like Pirates of caribbean music...
Thanks given by: