Would you buy AC?
(20 Jun 12, 12:55PM)Habluka Wrote: AC is pretty fun, but seriously, who in the right mind would pay for this piece of shit? If the devs were a little more devoted, then I can see it being worth around $5.

TBF, if you DID have to pay for it, you would be paying the devs wage. Just sayin'.
Thanks given by:
This is one of only two pieces of software I have 'paid for' in the last ten years.
Worth. Every. Penny.
But, seriously, donations are nothing to do with paying wages; they pay for hosting. If there aren't any, the services will still run. My family will just have to eat even less.
Thanks given by:
$5.
Thanks given by:
I like the game...and yes i would pay for it.
Thanks given by:
I don't usually buy content unless it's a hard copy. So, maybe for about $10. $15-$20 if AC felt more "polished" (i.e. was slightly less low-res, had a nicer HUD, etc.)
Thanks given by:
jamz what is the 2nd piece of software? :)
Thanks given by:
Whoever brought up the argument that tf2 is free, I agree.

If AC cost money, it wouldn't make sense compared to "better" games that are free. Even AVA is free.
Thanks given by:
5 Bucks since i own a clan and working on a server for the game.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: jamz what is the 2nd piece of software? :)
WinSCP
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 08:27PM)jamz Wrote: This is one of only two pieces of software I have 'paid for' in the last ten years.
Worth. Every. Penny.
XD
(I might be in the position to donate soon, I hope I do!)
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 01:18PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: If the price is in relation with the version, why not ?

Example :

AC 0.92."." = 0.92 $ or €
AC 0.93."." = 0.93 $ or €
AC 1.1."." = 1.1 $ or €...

Like that, the devs can be more motivated for update this game... *(It's just an idea)*!
But for the moment, donation is still better.
Because, personnally and I am not alone, I prefer play only free games for fun, so maybe a "advertise click" for help devs to earn money before start downloading the game can be the real solution than paid really the game.

PS : Already some players leave the game for problem of the new AC version, if in more we must paid this game, Im pretty sure that Assault Cube will die of course.

were you actually being serious ?
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 09:22PM)RCJD Wrote: Whoever brought up the argument that tf2 is free, I agree.

If AC cost money, it wouldn't make sense compared to "better" games that are free. Even AVA is free.

So why not play AVA now?
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:02AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, I'd expect a free copy.

Point of clarification:
This is being said as if AC became free, not started out free.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't. I play AC mainly because it's free.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:45AM)Jg99 Wrote: I'd NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? IT would be a waste of money.

I'd rather play tf2 (free) than ac if i had to pay for ac
TF2 used to be paid for, but too many complaints made it F2P. They made it fair with the Premium and the other type of accounts. :P
Thanks given by:
If you can get an update out by the end of july, and not just a balance of weapons, tiny UI upgrade, a proper update, I will donate $1000 Australian to AC.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 05:55AM)lnx Wrote: If you can get an update out by the end of july, and not just a balance of weapons, tiny UI upgrade, a proper update, I will donate $1000 Australian to AC.
Really? You're saying you would donate about 800 euros to AC? I smell troll.
Thanks given by:
If there is some sort of contract to sign, sign me up. My line of work provides me with a very decent pay check, so $1000 is pocket change.

Get the update out and the money is AC's to spend however they would like, hell buy some beer on me :)
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 06:00AM)lnx Wrote: If there is some sort of contract to sign, sign me up. My line of work provides me with a very decent pay check, so $1000 is pocket change.

Get the update out and the money is AC's to spend however they would like, hell buy some beer on me :)

Well then can you paypal me $20 USD?
Thanks given by:
Most likely I would have payed $5 back in 0.93. More so now.
Hell, I bought Minecraft in BETA.

the following is not spam, but rather an in-game barometer for the original poster(OP)....

iOD|KAZ has your flag
supersonicjoff: Im so happy i saved up to buy this game
jACk*~FEL~: buy?
jACk*~FEL~: this game is free mate
iOD|KAZ fragged C|R[Norad*]
player C|R[Norad*] disconnected
supersonicjoff: I got it on sale for 25$
jACk*~FEL~: you got scamed
supersonicjoff: this little shop
thing: its free
jACk*~FEL~: Assault Cube it's free
supersonicjoff: Nooooo it was 45 bucks but i talked him down to 25
you were fragged by unarmed
jACk*~FEL~: it's free
jACk*~FEL~: it's an open source game
supersonicjoff: it wasnt a scam
supersonicjoff: and i got an assaultcube mousepad
supersonicjoff: for FREE
jACk*~FEL~ fragged unarmed
jACk*~FEL~: the game it's free
supersonicjoff: they had CLA or RVSF
jACk*~FEL~: go to www.assault.cubers.net
HyPE|Fate: I JUST LOST THE GAME**
supersonicjoff: I took the RVSF
thing: :)
|oNe|Aellik: change team maybe?
jACk*~FEL~: look for assault cube on google
supersonicjoff: no the game has maps printed out and a wicked box
thing: i will sell you cla so you can have the full set
supersonicjoff: its an EA game, so i understand why it looks so good
supersonicjoff: EA*
jACk*~FEL~: It's not an EA game
supersonicjoff: it says so on the box..
supersonicjoff: got a lazer sticker and everything
thing: i can sell you my CLA team
------------------------------------------------------------

**Thanks HyPE|Fate for not outing the obvious troll i was on.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 07:13AM)gambino and PaulMuadDibKA Wrote:
(21 Jun 12, 06:00AM)lnx Wrote: If there is some sort of contract to sign, sign me up. My line of work provides me with a very decent pay check, so $1000 is pocket change.

Well then can you paypal me $20 USD?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Pretty sure a lot of us play AC because we're broke bastards, though. Or is it just me?

HA, sure.

I got AC because it had a smaller file size than normal cube or sauerbraten.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:45AM)Jg99 Wrote: I'd NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would def pay for AC if he left, come on everyone $5 each to rid us of the constant "My servers and I ..."

It's a deal, it's a steal it's the sale of the f***** century....
Thanks given by:
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Given all the money I spend in alcohol itd be a drop in the bucket. 'sides where else could I vent my drunken rants with such awesomeness?

Though having it free as it is, and coming up in the Age of .93, I'd never pay for it except through donations. I don't what it's like now since ive been ridin the AFKpony as of late but when I come back it will be one long neverending party of FUCK YEA!!
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 10:58PM)gambino Wrote:
(20 Jun 12, 09:22PM)RCJD Wrote: Whoever brought up the argument that tf2 is free, I agree.

So why not play AVA now?

That's a good question gambino :D

Note I put better in quotations in my post.
They are "better" because they have better graphics, more players, professional developers/producers/companies, etc etc etc.

But I rarely play AVA (the only other PC FPS I have actually), simply because I prefer the simplicity of AC so much more! And the smaller, closer AC community is more appealing to me.
Thanks given by:
Who would buy the 1.1 exept AR noobs?

I buy the 1.0
Thanks given by:
If it was in a store, I would buy it, as long as there wasn't any DRM.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 12, 07:55AM)DES|Anderson Wrote:

I would def pay for AC if he left, come on everyone $5 each to rid us of the constant "My servers and I ..."

ull never get rid of jg99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might donate though.
Thanks given by:
So that dude was you trolling?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 12, 04:33AM)Jg99 Wrote:
(22 Jun 12, 07:55AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: I would def pay for AC if he left, come on everyone $5 each to rid us of the constant "My servers and I ..."

ull never get rid of jg99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might donate though.

i will personally choke jg99 to death if the AC community raises enough funds for an all expenses paid trip to his house. taking his life will remove all of the united states' debt, bring world peace, and then we will begin exploring the galaxy.

thanks for the input Anderson, it seems we see eye to eye for once, for the world must be rid of jg99 for the good of mankind.
Thanks given by: