AC 1.1's Summer Fashion
Hi community, In recent weeks I have noticed something very common among most of the players of AC.

The vast majority of players are using the shotty as the primary weapon for DM, CTF, etc, and asked myself "why is that?" I assumed that:

A factor could be the new "shotty gib", although considered as a normal frag the self-esteem rises when you see the flesh of your opponent layed in the ground.

Also the regular use of this weapon should think that as the maps of large open spaces are now banned, a player could meet another just around the corner and @%#&.

Well that's just a guess and just wanted to inform the community of this matter, meanwhile I'll keep using my beloved SMG.
Thanks given by:
Many use shotgun because it is easy to kill, and it is even easier to kill with the shotgun now in 1.1 (tighter pellets in the middle). Of course if it isn't incredibly hard to dodge a shotgunner, and most good maps have good balanced routes, with some narrow paths and some open areas.
And it's already autumn.
Edit: If it's autumn here then it surely must be spring where you live! D: 6 months of winder, 4 months of summer for us.
Thanks given by:
In my country is summer...
Thanks given by:
You probably live in the Southern Hemisphere then :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 03:12AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You probably live in the Southern Hemisphere then :)

Right!
Thanks given by:
Considering the shotty gib is only cosmetic, I don't think it makes a big difference. Shotgun was powerful in 1.0, however to compensate the AR, SMG have been improved. Plus we have a new weapon.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 03:36AM)Cactus Wrote: Considering the shotty gib is only cosmetic, I don't think it makes a big difference. Shotgun was powerful in 1.0, however to compensate the AR, SMG have been improved. Plus we have a new weapon.

lolwut?
Thanks given by:
why is there a topic about people using the shotgun and saying what season it is were they live?
Thanks given by:
I like JELL-O & taking long walks on the beach just wanted to inform the community of this matter.
Thanks given by:
I've been using the shotty a lot for one simple reason: it owns noobs. In pubs it's the single most powerfull weapon one can have, because it only needs 1-2 shots to kill (unlike other weapons, where you spend a lot of bullets to get 1 frag) and it allows you to counter skilled smg and sniper players, killing them and still remaining with +50hp.

1000+pph, oh yeah.
Thanks given by: