What Linux distribution works well with Assault Cube ?
i have an Acer Aspire that is Windows Vista but now have a flash USB drive that can boot Linux. so far I have Lucid Puppy on it. Today is the first day for me having it or any Linux for that matter. what Linux distribution works well for any of you Linux users who play AC? My short term goal is to have AC on Linux soon and I would like to try using various distributions that have forums to help me put other programs on besides the ones that you see in the user friendly home screen. thank you.
Thanks given by:
Linux that has good drivers.
Thanks given by:
When it comes to having good hardware drivers, I've had the best experience with Mandriva. The only problem is that there is not actual rpm package for assaultcube that you can download for it which means that you need to find the random BS needed for the new gimmicks that were added for 1.1
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 10, 05:48AM)Habluka Wrote: When it comes to having good hardware drivers, I've had the best experience with Mandriva. The only problem is that there is not actual rpm package for assaultcube that you can download for it which means that you need to find the random BS needed for the new gimmicks that were added for 1.1

thanks for the advice. is the "random bs" all on source forge assault cube downloads or scattered ? there is probably a thread about on this forum ?
Thanks given by:
If you want something simple and easy to use i'd go with *buntu(there are many different kinds depending on your computer type). Its a very easy linux distribution to use and has top driver support from my experience, I had it running perfectly a few months back.
Thanks given by:
Any, really.
It just gets harder if the OS doesn't have libenet in its repositories (Ubuntu, for example, has it), as you'll have to compile it from source (which is a cakewalk, though). All other dependencies should be in just about any main repository.
AC itself shouldn't be installed from repos anyway, as there have been countless problems in the past with outdated packages.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 10, 05:48AM)Habluka Wrote: The only problem is that there is not actual rpm package for assaultcube

Don´t use a RPM package for installation, please!
Thanks given by:
Don't run AssaultCube from a flash USB drive that can boot Linux. Running from the HDD or SSD internal may be smoother exp.

/flame on.

Quote:“Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short…

Let him who hath understanding reckon
the distro of the beast,
for it is a Linux distro,
its distro is Ubuntu Satanic Edition.”

[Image: picture-13.png]
Thanks given by: