strange behavior on meanduck server
There seem to be restrictions so that players cannot use other nicknames when joining the server. Does this happen with other players? Because this server is PUBLIC, should it have these settings? Why are the error messages random? Like wrong password or private server?

Link: https://vimeo.com/840626859
Thanks given by:
Thats because it restricts new names from being used. It uses the authkey functions and doesn't allow new names to join without previously having an authkey registered
Thanks given by:
I just did a fresh installation of the game, created a nickname and a key with a password. I connected to the meanduck server and the message was "MASTERMODE IS PRIVATE". 

If this server will block new players and players who change their names, then this server should not be listed as a public server. 
...exactly because it does not have the characteristic of a public server.
Thanks given by:
Or, or, here is a secret option. You can stop posting on a dead forum and ask an admin directly about the problem. Most of them would be glad to help and there are options available to get you back on the server. Think you need to get outside more, get some fresh air. Its like everyday you find another reason to just complain about something.
Thanks given by:
Halo ended up becoming a new version of Marti. Just look at the amount of views my current posts have and you'll conclude (without difficulty) that this forum is still popular. Anyway talking to a server admin without being able to enter the server seems like not an easy task.. omg... Also blocking a player just by the new name he chose is not a coherent reason. Asking an admin for permission or authorization to enter a public server is not correct. Even if the intention of the admin is good, the way it is being done is wrong. From my point of view blocking new players makes [SS]Hitler happy. Right now this server is acting the way [SS] supports it.. can't you see?
If the admin wants to choose or define who can and cannot play, make this server private.
Thanks given by:
I tried again (today) to play on this server. It was the only public server with players. And the server blocked me. Generic error. This server is on the masterserver as public. The color is white. Private server is in red. This server shouldn't block players for no reason. And the new players? Why is this server creating its own rules?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rh8Dhsq...sp=sharing

[Image: BwjkcbZfDc5N.jpg?o=1]
Thanks given by:
If you continue being a brain dead idiot, I'm not gonna help you at all. You can stay locked out as far as I care. Probably better that way. You literally know nothing of the game after playing it for 15 years, nor do you know how admins handle certain situations. I think I'll take you being locked out of the server so I don't have to hear you.

Its funny, cause other people have the issue and we have fixed it for them. The server has some 2200 or so authkeys (which is wayyyyy higher than the player count) and meanduck just decided to stop allowing new ones a few weeks ago (meaning no more new names added). Old names with new IP's is an easy fix, and we have done so for a few different people. They asked for help, and we fixed. Yet, here we are, you can't ask for help in a simple way. So, as long as you continue to be a baby, you can look but not touch in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
FreeAC
Thanks given by:
When you can behave like the adult that you are, I will fix your connection issue for you. Until then, you can continue to piss and moan and play in your sandbox in your backyard and write mean messages for your 2 followers to see. Learn to behave like an adult and maybe people will actually care about what you have to say in life. Its an easy fix and literally anyone could help you. Instead you come here just to complain about anything you can find. Grow up, honestly
Thanks given by:
like i see meanduck server is opened again to new players... 
its ok, ehonestly.
it looks like the admin understood what the problem was.
Thanks given by:
Here is the thing, you, among others, have complained for years that "there needs to be a way to limit aliases" and "there needs to be a way to block impersonators". Now that there is one, you complain about that as well. You can't win with some people

And, while we are on it, lets talk about the SS Hitler subject. Meanduck's servers are one of the few that actually tried to remove him. We had a system for combating him and his wide range of IP's and in doing so, the servers got ddos'ed. So unless you got a better idea on how to combat that, why don't you just sit in the back seat and keep quiet.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 23, 12:38AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: And, while we are on it, lets talk about the SS Hitler subject. Meanduck's servers are one of the few that actually tried to remove him. We had a system for combating him and his wide range of IP's and in doing so, the servers got ddos'ed. So unless you got a better idea on how to combat that, why don't you just sit in the back seat and keep quiet.

https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/blob/m...cklist.cfg

This could be used to block certain nicknames on the server. Doesn't get rid of him but maybe others won't have to see that crap when they are playing.
Thanks given by: 1Cap , spamma
Not worth the server getting ddos'ed though is it? Good in principle, but when the server gets attacked and that makes it eat up the bandwidth for the month, its a problem.

Also, just a note, that could be applied to the entire masterserver list as well, but isn't. Gotta wonder why in that case.

We tried several methods to block him from the meanduck server and it just caused the server to be ddos'ed every 5 minutes and have to be forced restarted. Actually a big headache there. I tried fighting the good fight on that front, but I was told by the server owner to stop because it was causing him to use too much bandwidth with his provider. So what is one to do in that case?
Thanks given by:
Again. meanduck server is blocking all new players. I cant play there. No admins around there atm... 
Well i cant join to ask for admin inside server..  they are inside .. this server dont act like a public server must be a private one. 
Title: The Fallacy of Reciprocal Harm: Why One Bad Action Cannot Justify Another
In a world filled with complex moral dilemmas and interpersonal conflicts, it is essential to understand that one bad action should never be used to justify another. The idea that two wrongs make a right is a dangerous fallacy that can perpetuate a cycle of harm and diminish our collective progress as a society.
When we respond to a negative act with another negative act, we are only escalating the situation, leading to a never-ending loop of retaliation and hostility. This "eye for an eye" mentality only serves to deepen wounds and create more pain. It does not provide a constructive solution to the original problem but rather adds fuel to the fire, intensifying animosity and fostering a divisive environment.
By choosing to respond to an unpleasant situation with kindness, empathy, or constructive dialogue, we break the cycle of negativity. Responding to negativity with positivity allows us to address the issue from a place of understanding and compassion. This approach encourages growth and cooperation, paving the way for potential resolutions that promote healing and understanding.
Moreover, it is essential to recognize that each person is responsible for their actions, independent of what others may have done. Resorting to harmful behavior based on someone else's actions relinquishes personal accountability and weakens our moral compass.
In summary, the idea that one bad action can justify another is flawed and counterproductive. As individuals and as a society, we must strive to break this harmful cycle and embrace a more compassionate and understanding approach to conflict resolution. By doing so, we can foster a culture of respect, empathy, and positive change for the betterment of all.
I need to ask server admin to play using my name .. Hitler win! We all lose. My name dont belong to me in meanduck server.. this server can free or block my name. this server is doind its own rulez.. no AC rulez.
Look im not surprise, just friends of king there playing... Why its stay public?

[Image: jNK8tLP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh cry some more. At this point, who cares if you can join or not? Not totally a bad thing locking you out of a server these days, is it?
Thanks given by:
[Image: utAz02i.jpg]
In addition to blocking many players, this server has very poor performance. For some reason now Latino and Brazilian players have their pings even higher on this server. Note the bar that indicates the quality of the server, it has 2 red lines. This server offers itself as a Ladder. How is this possible?
This server does not have the characteristics of a public server. Also it is common to see admins doing vote abuse, choosing their own maps instead of accepting the collective vote.
Certainly this server must not be public as it has its own modifications and rules.

**For this player (Halo) to be here answering is because he must be the server admin. See, is this the type of admin (player) who wants to choose who can and cannot play on the game's public servers? Cmon, get out!
*Congratulations to everyone involved in this serv
er, you took the final step towards the total destruction of the game. Make it private and shared only among the king's friends.
Shame of you.
Thanks given by:
The more you type and the more you ramble, am I glad I actually have a server I can go to and not listen to you. You are a grown adult man, isn't about time you start acting like one? You don't even know what the server actually does, nor do you know the issues we have had with other players. Go do some research and come back educated. You are totally lost in what happens in the game and with updates. And that's ok, we get it. You don't like change. That's fine. But standing on a soap box every chance you get isn't doing you any favours. Look around you 1cap, how many people are there actually supporting you these days? Honestly, people vote you out of servers over known trolls. That's gotta account for something. You are like one of the most disliked people in all of Assault Cube right now. Ask yourself why that is next time before you reply. You will probably find the answer fairly quickly if you just take a moment to chill out. You make yourself look crazy and dumb and no one is standing with you, because no one wants to be associated with you. Honestly, at this point, I think its better to keep you out of the server instead of actually trying to fix it for you. Fixes more problems than harm really.
Thanks given by:
Dear meanduck owner,
I trust this message finds you in good health. I would
like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation for the
remarkable strides that have been taken to enhance your Assault Cube server.
The diligence exhibited by you and your team in rectifying prior issues,
resulting in a seamless gameplay experience, and bolstering the server's
defenses against external threats, is indeed noteworthy.
The palpable improvement in the server's performance
is truly commendable, and I am heartened to witness the cessation of the
disruptions that previously marred players' experiences. The commitment
demonstrated in creating a secure and enjoyable atmosphere for the gaming
community has not gone unnoticed.
I'd like to address a minor concern that some players
have voiced. Despite the substantial advancements in administration, there
persists an issue concerning map voting. It appears that certain administrators
consistently cast votes in favor of their own maps, at times overshadowing the
preferences of other players. I firmly believe that an equitable and
transparent map voting system and attitude contributes significantly to a more
positive gaming encounter and cultivates a sense of community participation.
In addition to expressing gratitude, I wish to proffer
a suggestion for your consideration. Might there be a method to implement an
impartial map voting mechanism that takes into account the inclinations of all
players? This could amplify the overall satisfaction of the gaming community
and foster a more inclusive environment, wherein the opinions of all
participants are valued. Maybe if admins don’t do F1 while they are red…
Moreover, I hold the conviction that with continued
enhancements, the meanduck server has the potential to become a benchmark for all
other servers in the near future. By resolving the map voting concern, I am
confident that we can elevate the quality of the gaming milieu even further.
Once again, I extend my heartfelt thanks for your commitment to advancing the server and ensuring a superior gaming experience for all. Your unwavering dedication has not gone unnoticed.
Thanks given by: Pi_Halo
Thanks 1cap, you are 100% correct about everything. We will fix every little issue you have with the server just to please you and only you. We can't wait to hear what else you have for suggestions for the server. We look forward to hearing more of your compliments and how to solve them. Please keep them coming, we need more endless complaining. Really makes everything work better when its all 1cap's way and no one else's
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 23, 03:59AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Thats because it restricts new names from being used. It uses the authkey functions and doesn't allow new names to join without previously having an authkey registered

Hi Pi_Halo.

I noticed that within the last few weeks I can't seem to join a meanduck ladder, and I gather from this thread that it's due to the server settings. I'm getting a "wrong password" message. This is a pretty recent thing, and may have corresponded to me loading Assault Cube onto a new laptop. I've been on the server before.

I've come here to the forum to find out how to request access... I don't know how to go about asking for help.

Who is it I should ask, and how do I contact them?

Thanks,

-nobody_special
Thanks given by:
I can help you. This happens from changing your authkey code. I suggest keeping up with that authkey code and prevent resetting it as much as possible. But I can help you get back in easily enough. Just drop me your in-game name that you used on that server and I'll sort it out from there for ya
Thanks given by:
meanduck servers are blocking palyers again..
00:18 NY time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19F8uqym...sp=sharing
Thanks given by:
1Cap, I'm only going to explain this once, and only once. So listen. Get out your best translator, whatever, you have to do. I'm tired of hearing you piss and moan about shit you have no clue about. Your access to that server is linked to your authkey that you created when first installing AC 1.3. As long as you don't change it, you can join. So stop changing your authkey all the time. Keep up with the password(s) you create. You are being blocked because you created yet another authkey and the server isn't allowing it to connect. Its literally that simple. Stop being dumb and changing your name, your IP, and your authkey all the time and the server would probably allow you to connect. God damn
Thanks given by:
I have several computers and several IP's and i can play/join ALL the servers that are on the masterserver. All. But on meanduck's server this was not possible again. 

I changed my IP and name during the last 7 days and I still managed to get into the meanduck server. But today the server blocked me again. 
IF THE SERVER OWNER IS GOING TO DECIDE WHO CAN AND CANNOT ENTER, THEN THIS SERVER MUST BE PRIVATE. Public servers that use the masterserver must not change their code and prevent new and old players from connecting to it. 

It is not possible to speak with an administrator inside the server because it is not possible to enter the server.
See in the video, again, coincidence or not, only the admin's friends were playing on this "public" server... again
Thanks given by:
STOP CHANGING YOUR AUTHKEY YOU BAFFOON
Thanks given by:
The server owner does not own my in-game name. It will not be the owner of the server who will decide how and when or if I can use my name on the server. 
Players have the right to play anonymously on public servers. It has always been like that. menaduck server is on mesterserver and should not create its own rules and codes. 
This creates a power precedent for server owners.
meanduck server should stop blocking players at all times. meanduck server does not have capabilities to fix IP or Auth changes 24/7 - . 

It doesn't have the knowledge to know if an alias is the real player or not. How server admin will know if a player is or not the real one? !!!! 
menaduck server should not decide whether or not a player can use his name on a public server.

I cant play aliased in meanduck server. |Its say's: Banned| Its a public one but i cant play like in others servers.
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 23, 04:48AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: I can help you. This happens from changing your authkey code. I suggest keeping up with that authkey code and prevent resetting it as much as possible. But I can help you get back in easily enough. Just drop me your in-game name that you used on that server and I'll sort it out from there for ya

Thanks Pi. PM sent.

-nobody_special
Thanks given by:
1Cap, you are banned from meanduck server for targeted harassment and trolling.
Thanks given by: Pi_Halo
Give someone a little power and find out who they really are...

No matter how hard I try
You keep pushing me aside
And I can't break through
There's no talking to you
It's so sad that you're leaving
It takes time to believe it
But after all is said and done
You're gonna be the lonely one

Do you believe in life after love?
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough
Do you believe in life after love?