The first gema?
Does anyone know what the first Gema was? I've seen hundreds upon hundreds, and im beginning to wonder what was the original map, that set the trend that has led to the creation of an unimaginable number of maps we now know as Gemas? Who was the the person that started it all? I don't expect anyone will know, but there's always a chance someone might, so I might as well ask. I just really want to see what imo, must be the most important map ever made in this game, that is, if the first gema was made in this game, rather than some other.
Thanks given by:
I don't know why i always think that the first gema was from Brazil.

Edit: Maybe because most of gema players are from Brazil.
Thanks given by:
I always thought the word "gema" was Portugese. I never found out what it actually means or how it came about.
Thanks given by:
I heard that someone heard that it originally stood for "Great Evil Maps of Assaultcube", but I have no idea whether this has any truth to it... this was back when I started playing (over a year ago).
Thanks given by:
I can help you with that V-Man. Gema in portuguese is the middle part of an egg.
Thanks given by:
@JMM: That's a cute backronym.

@titiPT: That's hawt. How is the Portugese word pronounced? With a hard or soft "G"?
Thanks given by:
It's the same for Spanish, though it's written "yema". Since pronunciations are similar from Portuguese and Spanish I would say the "G" sounds like the Y in the word "yay".
Thanks given by:
So if "gema" is the middle part of "egg" in Portuguese, "gema" in English would be "g"?
Thanks given by:
What the hell are you barking JMM O.o

gema in portugese is the yolk of an egg. in portugese the "G" is pronounced as in the "Y" in the word "yay". end
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 10, 10:03AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: What the hell are you barking JMM O.o
Oh :p

I thought it meant middle part of the word.
Thanks given by:
http://translate.google.com.au/#auto|en|gema

Back to the topic. Gemas are stupid :P
Thanks given by:
gema_impossible, thats pretty classic though cheat version is only normally played..

it would have been around .93 when it started properly, i think gema is a ac only word, created by the makers of the first gema's most likely..

gema's can be fun if there decent, though now days there going down hill
Thanks given by:
my guess is that some one came up with this great idea and made a map no one liked,but liked the idea and made there own , witch might have failed to, so the real question is witch one was the first sucsessful one that every one plays.... catch my drift
Thanks given by:
i have the original gema. i can sell it to you for $9.99 via paypal.
Thanks given by:
Buy it, so worth it!
Thanks given by:
http://cube4you.tk - play AssaultCube YOUR WAY. Check it out!
Thanks given by:
you should says its for a charity and you would make some money
Thanks given by:
I do recall a discussion about the origin of gema, and how it was a Spanish given named which pretty much means 'gem'. Perhaps it had something to do with all the funky lights.
Thanks given by: