Poll: merge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.25%
52 81.25%
No
18.75%
12 18.75%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should lucas merge his client to the next version?
If I remember you correctly, you want to tie the game to even more external dependencies - but that is obviously not what this thread is about, according to the thread's topic.

Btw - who should be contacted about updating the external components, that you tied into 1.2? Are those documented or published somewhere, or would anyone who wanted to make changes have to start at zero?
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 15, 04:06PM)stef Wrote: If I remember you correctly, you want to tie the game to even more external dependencies - but that is obviously not what this thread is about, according to the thread's topic.
Thats why our initial project is about. And the reason why we didn't want to publish the source before the idea was kept, was PRECISELY to avoid discussing these minor features and thats it. Exactly what you're trying to do right now, to avoid discussing the rest. (= what matters)

(01 Aug 15, 04:06PM)stef Wrote: Btw - who should be contacted about updating the external components, that you tied into 1.2? Are those documented or published somewhere, or would anyone who wanted to make changes have to start at zero?
Not sure what you mean - but we have documented some of the features that are implemented and some that have to be.
Note: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days. Maybe you will understand better.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 15, 11:17AM)stef Wrote: most of the features are mere window-dressing. There's no point in adding team sorting and nice little flags as long as there are severe bugs in the core of the game.
Yeah great so you keep doing important things but let us do things you dont care about. So we can keep saving the player interest. Ask yourself the questions why the player base decreased that much. Because you focus on important things that take years to achieve. On the main time, people get bored playing the same game not updated for years. You are doing important things? Great do that when you will be finished, you will be alone to see that. So let us add nice little flags and do what you need to do.

and lol @Marti, no self opinion or is there a reason why you change your vote?

@ Jpablon, ironzorg, Mpx and theNihilat. Lucas is ready to remove the wallhack feature and open the source code. Do you feel more comfortable with it now?

@Phantom if you allow me to post your pm, Lucas could explain you what his client is because some of your affirmation are inaccurate.

champo think the game is "already okay the way it is" so its his opinion and we need to respect that.
vanquish is mad because he is not mod anymore
Thanks given by:
I never changed my vote edward?
Is that even possible?

Also why would vanq be mad he isnt mod anymore? I think youre the one thats actually mad here
Thanks given by:
<02:18:50> "Vanquish": i dont like lucas as a person at all, but his ideas are needed >> vote no
Thanks given by:
Idk what youre on about
Thanks given by:
Whether or not you like him as a person, he's really our only real hope on moving this game in the right direction. So you should at least respect him for that.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 15, 03:54AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: So you should at least respect him for that.

Who's not respecting him? :)
Thanks given by:
Lucas is really saying that this is a big project involving a major change in the game. But this great (Lucas) project is not disclosed anywhere. How can I give an F1?

Where is w00p client code? How can I give an F1?

Lucas accepts move forward with the project without the consent of the creators of the game and others important peoples. How can I give an F1?

The main current problem is the amount of players. Lucas does not say anything about it. How can I give F1?

Lucas needs of the community or the game will die, but he keeps hiding his real plans. How can I give F1?

one more thing ... Lucas does not seem like GEMA maps/game. He does not like flags in Douze ... and a lot of others things.

In fact he has his own vision about the game and he is trying to sell it as something good. How much you would pay for a closed box and only a promise of something better? 
How can I give F1?

How?
Thanks given by: Nightmare , Padfoot
(01 Aug 15, 06:32PM)Halte Wrote: @ Jpablon, ironzorg, Mpx and theNihilat. Lucas is ready to remove the wallhack feature and open the source code. Do you feel more comfortable with it now?

I already said I thought it wasn't a bad thing to have this type of feature added:

ironzorg Wrote:About the wallhack thing: it would be a major contradiction not to include it
[…]
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: Lucas is really saying that this is a big project involving a major change in the game. But this great (Lucas) project is not disclosed anywhere. Where is w00p client code?
Code will be open if official. Why would he publish code if it is instantly ignored and stolen? You cant understand that since you aint able to code shit.

(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: Lucas accepts move forward with the project without the consent of the creators of the game and others important peoples.
No! They are important because you say so. I say that the devs who failed AC by letting it die are no more important. And who is important? You? No you are useless, and so are the inactive devs. The only useful people are people doing stuf like stef grenadier lucas and some other. You are supporting what killed AC. To me you are supporting the main reason the game is dying.

(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: The main current problem is the amount of players. Lucas does not say anything about it.
This client is actually an attempt to increase it. Regular updates make people stay and make new people join. It's facts and that's how many other games works.

(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: one more thing ... Lucas does not seem like GEMA maps/game. He does not like flags in Douze ... and a lot of others things.
Actually he would have allowed gemas modded server and would have made a separation for modded servers so you say shit and you seem proud of it. He can tell himself what he thinks btw. And I remember you hiding behind silly posts when I was getting warning points (then perma ban) when fighting devs against douze, map restrictions, gema and camper. So fuck off you coward, its easy to say it now. You disgust me.

(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: How can I give F1?
You are the only one I want to see F2. Because you are always at the opposite side of logic bro.

But now it's time for me to advise Lucas to merge his work. The community is in majority for it.

We cant make everyone happy and some are happy with the game as it is. So screw them, we move forward. Merge your work now lucas. I dont want AC to die because of 11 people out of the whole community. I still strongly advise you to work with stef and grenadier but you need to update AC often and soon to make it popular again ! Small changes will matter the most at first !
Thanks given by:
The thing that really confuses me about this argument is this guy that apparently wants to steal Lucas' code. We should ban him or smth.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
Unfortunately your argument is weak and offensive.

It is very risky to give a project of this size in the hands of one person. In addition this project must be fully opensource.

The issue here is simple. You're pointing a problem and offering a solution to this problem. But Lusca does not just want to solve this problem, he wants to act in the game globally. How can I give F1 if I did not know what he will do? What Drakas going to do? What clan w00p going to do?

This is not a matter of F1 or F2. If Lucas has a project of change hard the game he must describe all this changes and show to the community.

I will not support concentration of power over only one developer.
We have here the possibility to build something together. Everyone, not just the king and his friends.

We're talking about the game Assault Cube, not on a MOD for this game.

Show what you want and I'll know if I believe in it or not to be a good option to the game.
Thanks given by: Nightmare , Padfoot
@1Cap

(01 Aug 15, 06:30PM)Luc@s Wrote: Note: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
(02 Aug 15, 04:03AM)champo Wrote:
(02 Aug 15, 03:54AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: So you should at least respect him for that.

Who's not respecting him? :)

Clearly the guys who hate him

(02 Aug 15, 02:06PM)Marti Wrote: @1Cap

(01 Aug 15, 06:30PM)Luc@s Wrote: Note: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days.

Also @1Cap: what else do you suggest for the future of the game?
Thanks given by:
167965' Wrote:Also @1Cap: what else do you suggest for the future of the game?

The most important is to increase the amount of players.

Modify the game is very risky. AC has unique characteristics that differentiate it from other games in the category. Transform AC into something like CS or Crossfire, etc. is a big mistake. The game should not lose its soul. My opinion is that if the engine is modified or if other radical changes are made, the AC game will no more exist.
The first step is to greatly increase the number of players and then improve what already exists. /pause, etc.
I have spoken about it: clearly differentiate servers for beginners and experienced players. Make it clear when a server is GEMA maps.... dont think like a programmer think like a player.
Regular tournaments backed by the community. ... Has very much to do without having to modify the entire game!
The project already exists: just reading about the description of the game. We need to follow this path. And most importantly: Ever opensource and encouraging more programmers to support the project.
Thanks given by: starix/A/ , .RayDen
@1Cap: You will not increase the amount of players without modifying the game. You might get something out of advertising, but that is not fixing the problem, which is how stale and outdated this game is becoming. The departure of many players is not the main issue, but a consequence of what the game has become.

I will go off on a small rant, but the argument of not changing the game too much because then it will "lose its soul" has been engraved on most people's minds here since many years ago, and I don't think it's the right mentality. It is irrational for us to expect that as long as we only modify a few things rgularly and keep the core the same, we'll always have the loyal player-base like we had before 1.1. I'm not suggesting that we should overhaul the entire engine, but unreasonable fear of change is one of the biggest obstacles this game has and is facing.
Thanks given by: MerCyKiL
(03 Aug 15, 03:32AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: @1Cap: You will not increase the amount of players without modifying the game.

Absolutely agree. Observe 1Cap. We have not modified the game for quite some time. The last update, despite taking four years to complete, changed relatively VERY little. And by this status-quo of non-modification, you can see that the population of the game is declining, not increasing. Lucas said he would give more details of his coding soon but if you have perused the short summary of what he intends to change, you can see that it is not going to make the game more like Counter Strike of Crossfire.

If we do nothing, we will eventually become nothing. A couple more years of this and you will probably see half of us still playing this game :(
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 15, 06:32AM)Halte Wrote:
(02 Aug 15, 05:10AM)1Cap Wrote: Lucas accepts move forward with the project without the consent of the creators of the game and others important peoples.
No! They are important because you say so. I say that the devs who failed AC by letting it die are no more important. And who is important? You? No you are useless, and so are the inactive devs. The only useful people are people doing stuf like stef grenadier lucas and some other. You are supporting what killed AC. To me you are supporting the main reason the game is dying.

We cant make everyone happy and some are happy with the game as it is. So screw them, we move forward. Merge your work now lucas. I dont want AC to die because of 11 people out of the whole community. I still strongly advise you to work with stef and grenadier but you need to update AC often and soon to make it popular again ! Small changes will matter the most at first !

You want to screw over all of the older devs, and put the game in the hands of Luc@s?

When you put absolute power in the hands of one person, problems occur. Small changes are indeed a good thing. Merging the entire friggin client is not a small change. Implement features. Modify weapons so that it is more feasible to play with any of them, as opposed to the SMG just being OP. Have better playermodels and better graphics. You don't need to do shit like this. Yes, things need to change. However, putting this solely in the hands of one person, whether that be Luc@s, or anyone else, isn't a good idea.

As one last question. Apart from being a forum ranter, what can you do? You've criticized 1cap for being 'useless', when he's being rational. So what are you, if not worse?
Thanks given by:
never said i wanted to put the game in the hands of a single person. i even made a list of people i wanted to be part of the dev team (and its just a short list). some already are like stef and grenadier. i want to remove the devs who do not devs anymore because they do not dev anymore. seems logic to me. not to everyone it seems. im ok with the current system of the dev team. all i want is lucas work to be merged. all i want is active devs. lol you are trying so hard. i guess i answered your post lol, next time read or plz refrain. its good to ask question, but its better to read before asking, just the thread title would have helped you.

and what i do? im trying to make thing change and i play the game. doing it the way i want, call it rant idc. i wouldnt call 1cap useless if i could understand a single line. but thats not the case.

Quote:Have better playermodels and better graphics. You don't need to do shit like this.
That's your opinion and you are wrong.
Thanks given by:
also you quoted only 2 parts of my post, glad to see you were able to understand the others. i need to be very patient with you guys
Thanks given by:
Quote:You will not increase the amount of players without modifying the game.
My experiences from real life are opposite, small change can cause user's byebye . Don't touch on default gameplay !! You can create blinking weapons, OP shotgun or whatever but it isn't breaking point for playerbase. The most important is current playerbase. New people are connecting because of them. And i don't mean AC forum playerbase with tex-reduced and modified clients.
Thanks given by:
@ 1Cap, Padfoot, and all the people fearing the possible rise of power-hungry Lucas (Louis?) XIV, I think things will become clear once he posts the details of what he intends to add to the game.

Also I doubt he'll just steamroll over the opinions of stef, grenadier, etc. as they too are also active devs.
Thanks given by:
And when I can see them, I'll be better informed about the proposed additions. However, I'm sure as hell not having the reaction the edward is, by saying "let's do it, people who don't agree with me want the game to die" without actually deciding what "it" is first.
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+ , -Subjective
(01 Aug 15, 06:30PM)Luc@s Wrote: Note: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days. Maybe you will understand better.

How's that coming along ?
Thanks given by: Marti , Nightmare , -Subjective
(08 Aug 15, 04:47AM)ironzorg Wrote:
(01 Aug 15, 06:30PM)Luc@s Wrote: Note: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days. Maybe you will understand better.

How's that coming along ?

I am quite busy these days, can't you really wait a week ?
Thanks given by:
it's actually been a week since you posted that
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 15, 10:10PM)Marti Wrote: it's actually been a week since you posted that

Well... two weeks then...
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 15, 06:30PM)Luc@s Wrote: i'll be posting a detailed description of our ideas in the next few days. Maybe you will understand better.

Sorry, that does say days, right? Not weeks?
Thanks given by:
these are my first two weeks of holidays, i'm still swamped with IRL stuff, and i've spent the little spare time i had playing a bit and working on akimbo and getting things that wereon my TODO list months ago done because i didn't have the time. Its not called "claiming to do stuff i don't" (sic), its called having priorities. Not expecting you to understand if yourself aren't doing anything. If you can't do anything by yourself, at least don't piss off those who try.
Thanks given by: RikPik , Orynge