Moon Jumping?
Im new so i don't know how well known this is but i notice that when im using the assault rifle, and i aim at the ground and jump and fire at the same time i jump higher and further than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?
Thanks given by:
Yes. You can do this with nearly every weapon to either make yourself jump higher or go faster. I do this a lot when scoring flags on most maps.
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 06:11AM)Habluka Wrote: Yes. You can do this with nearly every weapon to either make yourself jump higher or go faster. I do this a lot when scoring flags on most maps.
i havent really noticed it with the others, just the assault rifle
Thanks given by:
Assault Rifle has the most recoil, which is what does it. There is a section in the documents specifically for it (although slightly outdated). This is it!

This is also it!
Thanks given by:
I don't believe you.
Thanks given by:
Moon Jumping! I like it! Beats "rifle jumping" by a mile, lets keep it.

Xaivior, recoil in Assaultcube ignores the rules of gravity. Since recoil can send you backwards, it can send you upwards (or whichever direction you're pointing the weapon in) as well.
Point the weapon straight down and shoot, you'll gain extra jump. Point the weapon forward and run backwards while firing it, you'll zoom backwards like a jet. Point the weapon 45 degrees downwards and spam jump while running backwards, you'll bounce like a beachball across the map.
All weapons can do this to varying degrees, with Assault Rifle having the most noticeable one.

(06 Sep 10, 06:26AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: This is also it!
Touche.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the knife though.
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 06:46AM)Habluka Wrote: I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the knife though.
Alright you got me there XD
But to compensate, every time you kill someone with a knife, your dick grows another inch.
Thanks given by:
@Carnifax
O.o
Who?
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 06:48AM)Stupefy Wrote:
(06 Sep 10, 06:46AM)Habluka Wrote: I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the knife though.
Alright you got me there XD
But to compensate, every time you kill someone with a knife, your dick grows another inch.
I can tell im gonna get along with this community
Thanks given by:
I thought this thread was going to be about people who are confused when you jump out of windows or ledges and get bounced high.

Just sayin'
Thanks given by:
I think moon jumping is a better term for the Crouch Jump thingie.
Thanks given by:
I remember seeing a "moon" level once in 1.0.4 :P
Thanks given by:
The moon level was just a bunch of water :P
And you wanted a guide you say? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-35.html
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 10, 06:48AM)Stupefy Wrote: every time you kill someone with a knife, your dick grows another inch.
* yata switches to knife
Thanks given by:
You have a lot of knifing to do, yata.
Thanks given by:
hahahaha this is quite an interesting thread :P
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick,
Yes, the "moon" level was based off of perlin noise and water. Great.
Thanks given by:
hi
i am new here```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 10, 04:26PM)bobmike Wrote: hi
i am new here```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

?
(06 Sep 10, 06:08AM)Xaivior Wrote: Im new so i don't know how well known this is but i notice that when im using the assault rifle, and i aim at the ground and jump and fire at the same time i jump higher and further than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

anyways that is used for gema since the ar has the most recoil
Thanks given by: