ac_inca
hello all

i am boeufmironton, and my pleasure is to create maps.

I just finish the beta of one: ac_inca.

It looks like a inca temple partially destroyed and submerged.

there are two previews :

[Image: capture1.jpg]

and:

[Image: capture2.jpg]

i created or changed 10 textures for that map and modified 5 mapmodels (just changing the skins)

is it too heavy for a server ?

I tryed to play with it using my own server, but my connection is really bad and it doesen't work.

What must i do ?

Thank's for your answer.

I am french and do not speak english as well as i will. So, if you answer me, try to use some words i could understand.
Thanks given by:
I dont believe that its too heavy for the server. I doubt your connection is bad. Does it give you any error (mauvais) messages when sending it to the server?
For you knowledge, the only things sent over the server are the .cgz file and the .cfg file. None of the textures or map-models. The only way for people to use these maps in their full glory is by giving them all of the needed files over the internet.

I speak very little french, and will try to translate part my last paragraph in french (wish me luck :P ) (this is for my own fun really, as I think your english is better than my french :D)

Le seulement fichiers (cest le correct mot?) est le .cgz fichier et le .cfg fichier. Les textures et les map-models ne sort pas donner a le serveur.

Also, dont be afraid to ask your question in french also, I know a few members also speak french and will be able to help or just translate.
Thanks given by:
thank's

your french is good :)

i just try the map, and effectively, no one except me has the textures...

where do i have to put the models and the textures ?
Thanks given by:
You have to upload the map as a zip package and put a link here for everyone to enjoy the custom textures and mapmodels. You can also send it to www.akimbo.in and/or www.quadropolis.us

Btw. the map looks very beautiful from the screenshots.
Thanks given by:
:D
I really need to go to a francophone country to practice my french :P

I prefer downloading maps from Akimbo vault (The first link) because I find the site easier to navigate around.

I forgot to mention, the map does look very good! I would like to try it!
Thanks given by:
Looks a bit high.
Does it allow it to be voted or give a error?
Thanks given by:
For the looks: A+
You did a very good job with textures and the whole ambiance, it does look (from the screenshots) like and Inca temple, very nice!
On the other hand it does look a bit too high, I'm afraid you gonna have some killing wqd in somes areas and therefore, you map will probably lag a bit...
If that's the case, I relle hope you work on these issue, I would like to play it some day :)
Thanks given by:
Please yes go to http://www.akimbo.in to upload your map! Put your textures in a zip file with the map so it will all be one package.
When you put it on akimbo, put your link here.
Thanks given by:
for the moment you can found the pack (archive .rar) here:

http://compagnie-urticaire.com/inca_temp...ersion.zip

i must go work, so if you try it, your opinions are welcome.

the lights are not definitive. and there is still some work.

thank's all for your answers.

have fun :)
Thanks given by:
I haven't had the chance to play it with anyone, but I really like it.
My first reaction was;
Quote:Wow, all of the floor, wall, and ceiling textures are the same!
Then I realized that these temples probably would have the same building material for the walls and floors.
Even so, this is AssaultCube, I would try to vary the floor/wall/ceiling textures some.
Otherwise, I really like it.
Good creative use of the tire mapmodel :D
Thanks given by:
I think the only problem with the map is that the spawns are a bit close to each other.

Great job anyway :D
Thanks given by:
really cool map :) good job on that!
Thanks given by:
We are having some trouble playing that map. I'll get back to you on that!
Thanks given by:
I tried it and... OMG.

It's seriously one of the best map I have ever seen, together with that Egyptian-themed map made by Cleaner...
It deserves to be official for its new concept...

A++++++++++++++++
Thanks given by:
I forgot to say how much it reminds me of the first few Tomb Raider games ... which makes it even more better :D
Thanks given by:
thank's for your opinions.

i upload a new version with more textures this night.

i am not satisfied at all... but if you like it.

What problem did you encounter, Ronald ? (a sniper ? :) that's just destiny...)

Orynge, when you talk about spawns, it's the player starts or the camps ?

It's a really little map (128*128)

i wanna test it playing tosok.

did someone try ?
Thanks given by:
as Ronald ray-gun said "Wow, all of the floor, wall, and ceiling textures are the same!"
Would it be legal to make a copy of the wall texture used and run it thru gimp or ps and change the tone of the copy to make a slight difference in floor/wall, while keeping with his theme.

If thats not correct then could I suggest the next version of ac have two or three tones for each texture to facilitate mappers in this situation. Perhaps it would be a bad thing though as ppl shouldnt be using same textures o0n all floors & walls.

Flame on.

typo edit
Thanks given by:
Well, I think that it wouldn't be against legality as long as he read the licenses and abided by them. I believe makkE's license files basically say that you have to credit him (or ask him?). Feel free to ask the makers though, many of them I think are active in this community.
Thanks given by:
Uploaded to |NZ|Weta, should be votable there now. :)

P.S.

Nice map man!
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 08:10PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Well, I think that it wouldn't be against legality as long as he read the licenses and abided by them. I believe makkE's license files basically say that you have to credit him (or ask him?). Feel free to ask the makers though, many of them I think are active in this community.

I think you can do most anything as long as you give credz and say who the original creator is.
But instead modding current textures you could add your own.
Lots of free textures out there that can be made to fit and look nice and new.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 01:50PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: Orynge, when you talk about spawns, it's the player starts or the camps ?

Where the players start.
I played it with a bot-match and I spawned right in front of one of the bots on the enemy team.
Thanks given by:
May I ask, how do you play an unofficial map in bot mode?
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 04:29AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: May I ask, how do you play an unofficial map in bot mode?

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-331.html?...ght=stbots
Thanks given by:
Remember, the playerstart entity has "direction" -- meaning that the direction you are facing when you place it will be the direction the player faces when spawning.
That and my slow, integrated video card are the only problems I encountered while looking at your map. :)
(Has the texture shearing problem been addressed by the devs yet?)
Thanks given by:
Boeufmironton, please upload it on http://www.akimbo.in/
Thanks given by:
ok, it's hard sometimes to read you and understand in english.

I will upload it to akimbo when it will be finish.

Thank's for the mater of facing, i will see it

for the textures they are all of me. and i join a read me in the pack to prevent users about those i diden't create

(did i forgot someone ?)

thank's again for your answers.

I will work on it more

:)
Thanks given by:
Can you fix the ladder please.
Thanks given by:
Great map. The games retarded shitty sourcecode will probably tell you that it doesn't pass the requirements for a good map.

--Zomg the angry end-game spamah
Thanks given by:
No Zomg! this map have successfully passed the test
Thanks given by:
So,

I fixed the bug with the ladder (i hope :) )

i think that all textures are good now and the map please me.

But i just tryed it one time.

I hope it's good to play

the new version is here: http://compagnie-urticaire.com/ac_inca.zip

i hope you will enjoy it

i will try to upload it on akimbo

thank's all

Boeuf
Thanks given by: