mesh changing
can someone tell which program good to use to change the mesh of ac weopons? i know how to change skins etc.
ty
Thanks given by:
Blender
Thanks given by:
Actually, you can't edit them right away, because they're in a format (md3) which consists of individual frames rather than real animation. You'd first need a tool that converts those to skeletal animation, then you can edit them properly.

However, I'd recommend not to change the existing weapons, but rather make your own :)
Thanks given by:
You can not convert frame animations to skeletal animations. That simply doesn't work.

Maybe helpful for everybody interested in modelling: Modelling Basics
Thanks given by:
Well, who knows. There's vectorization for images, too.
Thanks given by:
Vectorization of 2D media is something completetly different, though I get your way of thinking here.

The "problem" with skeleton animation is that each single vertex needs to be attached to one particular bone. As you are not even knowing how those bones are arranged things end up in a theoretically endless amount of differing possibilities and any, no matter how smartly coded, converter-tool could only generate approximations...

Though, while thinking about it, I start wondering whether anyone ever gave it a go. :)
Thanks given by:
Extending that idea could make for some entertaining animations.
Thanks given by: