Blinking
Lately in assaultcube portions of the map seem to blink and it's really, really hard to play. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Everything else on my computer works fine.
Thanks given by:
Just in case you haven't, have you updated your graphics drivers?
Thanks given by:
pacman -Syu does it all....
Thanks given by:
I think can be Vsync, is this disabled?
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you possibly get a video capture or screen capture of it happening?
Thanks given by:
I would like to but I'd have to figure out how to do it first >.>
Thanks given by:
recordmydesktop --fps 40 --no-sound

If it can't keep up, set AC graphics quality to horrible, change resolution to say 800x600 in windowed mode, use -width 800 -height 600 in recordmydesktop.

RMD encodes the video after you Ctrl-C.
Thanks given by:
it's probably screen tearing.

i had this problem playing on my mac with vsync disabled.
try and use a native resolution for your monitor.
try and have the game and your monitors resolution == the same thing
maybe it'd help to post your monitor specs, your graphics card, and what resolution you use in game
EDIT:and if you play with vsync, or just post all your video settings from the game
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 14, 06:39AM)Waffles Wrote: it's probably screen tearing.

i had this problem playing on my mac with vsync disabled.
try and use a native resolution for your monitor.
try and have the game and your monitors resolution == the same thing
maybe it'd help to post your monitor specs, your graphics card, and what resolution you use in game
EDIT:and if you play with vsync, or just post all your video settings from the game

It happened suddenly though.

I am using a native resoltuion, and I'm using an Inspiron 15 from ltwo decembers ago. As for the rest of the information, let me go to sleep first >.>
Thanks given by:
Just a follow-up. I realized that I had AC visual mods: different sniper, pistol, nade, and SMG visuals. I realized after i started playing without hudgun that I didn't need them (except nade). I got rid of them all except the nade and I haven't had a blinking problem since.
Thanks given by: