Sum up a problem with AC in 200 characters or less.
Hi there,

Could you describe a problem with AssaultCube (the game, community, anything related to AC) in 200 characters or less? The problem should be in the form of a sentence, to which you could say 'I agree', or 'I disagree'. E.g. 'AssaultCube needs better forum software.' And please, try to think of something new, if the issue has been said already.

If you want, you can propose a few solutions, also in 200 characters or less. Just make sure I could discern solutions from issues.

Any discussion should split off to a different thread. Discussion of issues/solutions in this thread may be deleted.
Thanks given by:
AC needs a better user interface..
Thanks given by:
AC needs a higher number of challenging opponents.
Thanks given by:
ac needs a community
Thanks given by:
AC has too many OpenAL bugs and there are more servers than players.
Thanks given by:
AC needs Lexus
Thanks given by:
AC forums needs less BS posts (like ^)
Thanks given by:
Hello SKB,

What about split up the chat with games-log;
For instance, we need to separate (Player connected/Player fragged) with the chat...
It will be a better interface to newest players who don't have the time to read a message and to players who search Interclan from a server!

I hope that you understand what I mean, anyway you can contact me if you want.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 14, 01:41PM)Vanquish Wrote: AC needs a higher number of challenging opponents.
AC need fixe everylag ' unhits ' for exemple
Thanks given by:
I need more that 200 words, but lets start with a simple one: the anticheat shouldn't discard hits.
Thanks given by:
AC needs a better voting system. Such as bans/kicks based on IP so disconnecting won't cancel the vote, and multiple kicks might lead to a ban?
Thanks given by:
M O T I O N
Thanks given by:
AC needs more active development
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
The code is so messy it's hard to bring in new devs.
Thanks given by:
AC's demos should include more client information and more noob guides should be avalible (for example, how to test ac's git repository)
Thanks given by:
Adding onto Phantom, people calling failing votes shouldn't be able to reconnect before it fails and recall the same vote again.
Thanks given by:
anticheat
Thanks given by:
needs more players
Thanks given by:
  • AssaultCube server could use better event handling, at least one place drops events at times (I'm looking at you, bullet drops.)
  • The website should be updated with a more modern design and better copy text.
  • The development team are flying blind with regards to feedback to their actions - they don't see how small changes effect player engagement.
  • The game needs to improve the user experience. You can tell most of interaction has been done by programmers.
  • The wiki is dead, because many people can't be bothered to beg for editing rights.
  • The sound design of the game is poor.
  • There are people who don't know how to update AC outside of software repositories their Linux distributions use.
  • By not allowing gameplay modifications, the devs are losing some players, who otherwise would have stuck around.
  • Modding culture in AC is close to non existent.
  • Reading the source code makes you sometimes wonder why code does things no sane programmer would write.

Edit:
  • The devs are doing close to nothing, since there are no active people who can take care of bugs.
  • The amount of competency is staggeringly low in the development team, with coding being #1 missing skill.
  • The project management is a joke. Except it's not funny.
  • There is no incentive to help develop AssaultCube, when some of the community seem to just love driving people away for their own amusement.
  • There seems to be quite a lot of indifference around AC.

I couldn't resist.
Thanks given by:
AC needs the new gamemode
Thanks given by:
In the final stages of death just limping along.
Thanks given by:
If twiTter can do it so can AC.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 14, 08:28PM)SKB Wrote: Edit:
  • The devs are doing close to nothing, since there are no active people who can take care of bugs.
  • The amount of competency is staggeringly low in the development team, with coding being #1 missing skill.
  • The project management is a joke. Except it's not funny.
  • There is no incentive to help develop AssaultCube, when some of the community seem to just love driving people away for their own amusement.
  • There seems to be quite a lot of indifference around AC.

I couldn't resist.

How many warning points you got so? Nice feedback btw.(jk)
Thanks given by:
AC needs to delete shotgun from the game. Toxic weapon for toxic players.

AC doesn't have enough good players.
That's why AC needs a matchmaking, most of the players are pub players and never play inter or clan matches. If people don't have some relationship with " known players" they will never play with good players which means never improve and play competitive games.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 14, 01:28AM)Honor Wrote: AC needs to delete shotgun from the game. Toxic weapon for toxic players.

AC doesn't have enough good players.
That's why AC needs a matchmaking, most of the players are pub players and never play inter or clan matches. If people don't have some relationship with " known players" they will never play with good players which means never improve and play competitive games.

Shotgun is a really fun weapon to play, plus when you lag or have hit-drop issues, it's a reliable weapon to use. I don't see the problem with the shotgun actually, it's ok in publics because there are a huge amount of players in the same "small" map (AC's maps are not really huge) but it sucks in matchs and in most of the maps, so is that a real problem we need to fix? What is the exact problem if so, and I'm sure you can put it in less than 200 chars.

Yes AC doesn't have enough good players, but the fact there are more pub players is not a problem, it's how it is supposed to be. In fact, from a dev, the real problem would be (and I said, "would be") "there are competitive players in AC" because the competition doesn't fit with game's main objectives and also, an open-source game is not supposed to handle matches and competition scenes.

In less than 200 characters, my problem is:
Map restrictions have a negative impact to new mappers.
Thanks given by:
Lag related hit-drops, excessive map restrictions.
Thanks given by:
(19 May 14, 11:19AM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: such words, very writing

did you see the title says 200 characters or less?
Thanks given by:
AC needs less lag by removing the proprietary anti-cheat system,
no map restrictions so people can play the old maps again and have real fun,
the auto content download service needs to go,
and the file structure of maps and mapmodels and texture needs to be reversed back to pre-AC 1.2
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 14, 03:04PM)Iguana Wrote: AC needs less lag by removing the proprietary anti-cheat system,
While the anti cheat system has created many problems, its still needed as there are plenty of dynamic cheaters who can just lease a new IP and play. It should be expanded to kick ridiculous laggers, and perhaps ban players who are regular teamkillers and map vote abusers
(10 Jun 14, 03:04PM)Iguana Wrote: no map restrictions so people can play the old maps again and have real fun
yes
(10 Jun 14, 03:04PM)Iguana Wrote: the auto content download service needs to go,
actually that helps update clients with new material on the fly. you may know where custom material is stored, but the forum tends to have a lot of "how-to" questions, so anything to make it easier for new people to get new matertial i would think would be a plus. If you only play the same 3 maps over and over again, perhaps you don't need any new textures, sounds, map updates. You're right, a server should just kick people without the proper material; instead of letting them download it ;)
(10 Jun 14, 03:04PM)Iguana Wrote: the file structure of maps and mapmodels and texture needs to be reversed back to pre-AC 1.2
I'm not sure how moving backwards helps improve the game, but perhaps the locations of things and how they interact in the program may have changed to help keep newbie cheaters at bay.
Thanks given by: