American Citizenship Test
Being born an american, I never had to take a test to prove my knowledge of the country I live in. Many people I know would probably have a hard time if they tried to gain their citizenship here, especially if English is not their native tongue.

This little quiz is far from exhaustive I'm sure, but it made me think quite a bit.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...ip/309398/

My citizenship score was 52 according to this quiz with anything above 50 meaning that I'd be granted citizenship with honors allegedly. Good luck!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2ypke1v.png]

2good
Thanks given by:
40. ouch.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
[Image: qd03.png]
[Image: bert.gif]
Thanks given by:
[Image: udRujd5.png]
Thanks given by:
Got 10 points
Thanks given by:
17. Positively pleased
Thanks given by:
19 :P

How the heck do people become Americans oO
Thanks given by:
18 ;\
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3IBQKXo.png]
Does that mean I can safely swim across the river and get citizenship? :D
Thanks given by:
"Insert Mexicans jumping over a fence joke here"
Thanks given by:
Your Citizenship Score: 33

God Bless The United States of America
Thanks given by:
Got 20 !!
Thanks given by:
[Image: iOWaWi1.png]
Thanks given by:
vanquish with the sick edit
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 13, 12:24AM)Waffles Wrote: vanquish with the sick edit

too sharp for me waffles :<
Thanks given by:
Lol better than I expected.

[Image: vlmr2qm2.3ex.png]

Didn't need to take a test to become a citizen in NZ, whaka yeah.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Not bad

[Image: 15d2t1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Matching the faces of the current supreme court justices with their names is baloney.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the best country in the world, 1Cap. 'MERIKAAAA
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 13, 03:56AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Matching the faces of the current supreme court justices with their names is baloney.

This. It's what destroyed my score(along with not volunteering, checking those other boxes for free points, etc.) Law students wouldn't know them since they're so behind the curtain of mainstream America.
Thanks given by:
^^^
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 13, 04:15AM)Nightmare Wrote:
(02 Dec 13, 03:56AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Matching the faces of the current supreme court justices with their names is baloney.

This. It's what destroyed my score(along with not volunteering, checking those other boxes for free points, etc.) Law students wouldn't know them since they're so behind the curtain of mainstream America.
You are both vastly mistaken. A true and authentic erudite American citizen of the United States would unmistakably be well-informed in these matters.
Thanks given by:
Not to be pretentious, but it seems like I read an article on Ginsburg about every week or so. Scalia is also newsworthy quite often although for other matters.

Just because most americans don't know how the government works doesnt mean you should only know the presidents face and name.

place the blame on those who deserve it I've always said.
Thanks given by:
16, much higher then I expected.
Thanks given by:
37. The ability to form educated guesses is the gift that keeps on giving.
Thanks given by:
Guessing won't get you very far on a condensed 5 or so pages that is the actual citizenship test.
Thanks given by: