ac_ruinas1.1
hai. i know you all love me so much so ive decided to create yet another ill-fated AC forums discussion. had some downtime in university so ive been dabbling into ac again.

the subject of today's discussion is why ac_ruinas1.1 is not an official map. i can understand why my maps won't become official but there are some that should just really be in there and aren't.

why ac_ruinas1.1 should be official:
-a majority of the ac community complains about the size of the official map collection and says it should be bigger. adding this map, which certainly qualifies in terms of quality and playability, would help this issue
-it provides a different type of playing style. the pit in the middle throws an interesting parkour-like twist that most official maps really don't have
-ac_toxic is a map lmao...(sorry RK but i just don't know how that one snuck in. unlike a large portion of this gaming community, i actually enjoy ac_aqueous). if the DEVs want to include a largely un-detailed and flag-less map into the official rotation, why not improve on both of these concepts and add a detailed map capable of hosting CTF matches.

how ac_ruinas1.1 could be improved:
-flag bases. they could be farther apart and if it really came down to it, the map could be expanded if people still think they are too close. i liked Pi_Halo's work with ac_wasteland. he could probably do something similar with this map.
-dat's it. other than that, this map is beautiful

a quick look at the map (i dont give a fuck that my gun/console/icons are showing. i was born lazy.):
[Image: D8s6puI.jpg]
[Image: cCiNsZS.jpg]
[Image: fkT7wem.jpg]

other maps i suggest that should be added:
-apollo's facility and venganza. other apollo maps too plox
-ac_hq. other jiba maps
-ac_chernobyl
-ac_thirst and ac_cyrville (damn straight im self-promoting. i think a grand total of four people in this game have actually taken a look at my maps (a sincere thank you to Z3R0, lucas, felix-the-ghost, SrPER$IAN. you know i always appreciated the encouragement and help you guys gave)
-ac_metl3 (this map would be a great answer to douze for those douze-haters out there. i think with its simplicity both detail and layout wise, newcomers and elites alike would flock to this map)
-ac_zanka (this map would be a kickass 1v1 map. idk how balanced you could call it though)
Thanks given by:
/cleanshot

So difficult.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 07:32AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: -ac_toxic is a map lmao...(sorry RK but i just don't know how that one snuck in. unlike a large portion of this gaming community, i actually enjoy ac_aqueous). if the DEVs want to include a largely un-detailed and flag-less map into the official rotation, why not improve on both of these concepts and add a detailed map capable of hosting CTF matches.

-ac_metl3 (this map would be a great answer to douze for those douze-haters out there. i think with its simplicity both detail and layout wise, newcomers and elites alike would flock to this map)

Yes, because insulting RK's map has ever gotten anyone anywhere. I'd also like to remind you that RK is the one making maps official, so if you were trying to get somewhere, attacking him up results in a lower chance for your success. I actually rather like the gameplay of that map, and have had fun games on it. I also appreciate the older style of maps that didn't include as much detail.

If there are no licensing issues, metl3 should be added as a 'classic' map. Its nice to touch back to the roots of the game.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 05:22PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yes, because insulting RK's map has ever gotten anyone anywhere.

just saying how i feel. i can do that on these forums right?

(22 Nov 13, 05:22PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I'd also like to remind you that RK is the one making maps official, so if you were trying to get somewhere, attacking him up results in a lower chance for your success.

haha like anything is going to change anyways. when was i ever listened to on these forums anyways? when has anything ever actually changed because of something that i said? something i suggested? i'm dearly grieved that my chances of getting anywhere with this moved from 0.1% to 0.05%. its not like i'm wrote this thing to suddenly spark inspiration into RK's mind. it was to perhaps stir others' interests. i cant do shit but maybe if enough people want things to change, they will.

(22 Nov 13, 05:22PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I actually rather like the gameplay of that map, and have had fun games on it. I also appreciate the older style of maps that didn't include as much detail.

your opinion but i can't honestly say many people agree with you

(22 Nov 13, 05:22PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: If there are no licensing issues, metl3 should be added as a 'classic' map. Its nice to touch back to the roots of the game.

my point. thank you.

(22 Nov 13, 02:32PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
/cleanshot

So difficult.

a) didn't know
b) you forgot the little section that said i don't care
Thanks given by:
I play this map are already many years! I like playing in DM and OSOK.
Great memories!
- Hey Majorbearst -

The new version was interesting. I played 3 full CTF's.

I believe to be one of those questions that just playing a lot we really know if it is interesting 4 clan matchs... (edited)

Need to test more taht long way ...

*Hey MerCyKiL - Nobody called you here in the forum ........ ;) - pretty Community lol
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5996.html
This thread was made for a reason, the devs can't just add maps because they feel like it. They need permission.
Thanks given by:
yes. im aware of this thread. and the DEVs have permission from all of the map makers who submitted maps to add them to the game. i was just kind of disheartened to see maps like ac_safari, ac_deadmount, and ac_chernobyl sit untouched.

there were three maps added from that thread. there could have been a lot more.
Thanks given by:
we really should avoid to make maps with a lot of custom content official. that would be make the package too much bigger, and may cause too many licensing issues.

ac_chernobyl (if you mean halo's map) has too many mapmodels imo.
i don't know about ac_safari.

I'd prefer to have maps like ac_metl2/ac_metl3 added first as the official package lacks such maps terribly.
Thanks given by:
Shameless self-promotion.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 09:56PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: just saying how i feel. i can do that on these forums right?

no you cannot. only slime who manage to squirm their way into authority positions have the right to free speech.

dear nigel has the freedom to do as he pleases. accountability is a fairy tale in the strange autistic land of AC. if he wishes to ban you, his will shall be done.

[07:06:42] <RandumKiwi> 1w ban, I'll take any excuse to ban him
Thanks given by:
gtfo mercy no one even lieks u here. <3
Thanks given by:
It will take a while for the new maps to be played. I enjoyed the new map pack.
Yes, there are many other interesting maps. There is already a thread about alternatives to official maps.
Perhaps championships to unofficial maps ... The most important is the fun.

* Every time a player express himself I will appreciate much more than technical explanations.
There are two ways of seeing.
1) I think you can not do.
2) How could I help you do?
Plz Mercy, keep posting your ideas and feelings.
"self-promotion" this is what explains 90% of the shares of many here.
Do not speak for everyone, especially when using two or three words to speak for yourself.
Ending their arguments the next step is to ban you ...
So do not call it opensource community.
The action behind this idea is not that.
Thanks given by:
too much flaming here for absolutely no reason, closed for cleanup

PS : i know places where we discuss interesting ideas about AC, and share different views, and where there is no drama. The only censorship i see applies to members who are not able to express themselves w/o being insulting or aggressive.
Thanks given by: