Lack of players in 1.2.0.2
Hey there,

I downloaded 1.2.0.2 the other day and while I saw numerous servers, only one of them had any players in it!

Are a lot of people still playing the previous version? If so, why?! Has the master server not switched over yet, so to speak?

I have a feeling the vast majority of players aren't really even aware that this game has an active forum and website.
Thanks given by:
didn't even know 1.2.0.2 was released tbh
Thanks given by:
AC 1.2.0.0 and 1.2.0.1 were not considered as stable enough to stop serving the serverlist to 1.1 players.

Now it's different, and we are broadcasting the arrival of AC 1.1 with the masterserver.
Because of a bug in AC 1.1, we can't broadcast the "update your client" message in AC 1.1 and AC 1.2.0.0/1.2.0.1 at once.

I hope the MS will be stop working for 1.1 players soon, but it has too be discussed first as some of us are afraid of the political bs it could create.
Thanks given by:
So is there no way to just force everyone to move to the new version?

I understand about the political bs. No matter what people will start kicking and screaming if *anything* changes.
Thanks given by:
There is a way to do it, but ATM not everyone agree to do it
Thanks given by:
Political bs? What do you mean?
Thanks given by:
We do our very best to make our releases public (IRC, facebook, forums, portableapps), still we need your help. Spread the word! ;)
Thanks given by:
AC has a facebook?
Thanks given by:
https://www.facebook.com/AssaultCube
Like it and spread it, NAAAAAOOOOW! :P
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 13, 09:06PM)Sacerockin Wrote: Political bs? What do you mean?

"Political bs" might be the wrong phrase to use, but I can just imagine people going nuts if the devs force everyone to move to the new version against their will without any prior warning. "Why did you do this to us?!" "Tyranny!"
"They think they know best when they don't!" "We want to play on 1.1.0.4! BOOO!"

Etc.
Thanks given by:

They mean Obama will write them an angry letter
Thanks given by:
I doubt there will be to many players too unhappy with 1.2, this version from what i see seems to be an obvious improvement over 1.1 once you iron out the bugs. This however was not the case for 1.0 to 1.1..
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 13, 09:41PM)CaptainAhab Wrote:

"Political bs" might be the wrong phrase to use, but I can just imagine people going nuts if the devs force everyone to move to the new version against their will without any prior warning. "Why did you do this to us?!" "Tyranny!"
"They think they know best when they don't!" "We want to play on 1.1.0.4! BOOO!"

Etc.

"Time to make a new 1.1.0.4 masterserver because everyone will use that!"
Thanks given by:
too many assaultcube fan pages. I think i've been on the unofficial brazilian one this whole time.
Thanks given by:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/assaultcubers/ , I think that's the official 'group', and the place where Lexus says Im Top no cry all the time, and ofc calls all players noob. But like Waffles said, there's a lot of AC groups and fan pages.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 13, 05:50PM)hgf-arg Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/assaultcubers/ , I think that's the official 'group', and the place where Lexus says Im Top no cry all the time, and ofc calls all players noob. But like Waffles said, there's a lot of AC groups and fan pages.

ye this one is made by aerkefiende iirc
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 13, 09:24PM)ärkefiende Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/AssaultCube

I actually think this is the one that is official.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 13, 08:16PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(12 Nov 13, 09:24PM)ärkefiende Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/AssaultCube

I actually think this is the one that is official.

that is the official page

the other one is the 'official' group

there's a difference between a page and a group :D
Thanks given by:
Yes, this is the group (though I prefer the page). driAn gave me access to it.
Thanks given by:
That group is literally the worst thing on Facebook.
Thanks given by:
It's like they speak a different language to English.
Thanks given by:
In light of all this, will there be some sort of a migration any time soon? Or will that come later?
Thanks given by:
i hope so, but i have no power on this.
Thanks given by:
There's been a big problem with the MS which has left a lot of innocent players unable to get the server list because of range bans. I've just implemented a temporary fix which should see a slight increase.
Thanks given by:
FYI, the total amount of players is quite the same
they are just split between 1.1 and 1.2....
Thanks given by:
i have seen camper server in 1.2 , so it should be more easy to move them now. In their eyes it is downgrade, you dont offer such servers in new version. But popular starcraft custom maps were recreated in starcaft 2 too. I think the custom mapper has high prise for you now, you train them with each version. I said, "one server of true fans", you thought i am crazy.
Thanks given by:
I can't connect to any servers via the masterserver. I can connect to private servers and can see each server in the masterserver, but clicking it just gives me a message of "Connecting" at the top left and no response. Additionally, if I attempt to join a server through the masterserver, I can't join private servers anymore unless I relaunch the client.
Thanks given by:
I was told the new version was gonna fix everything. More fun, more activity. We were all going to be so happy rainbows started popping out of our asses... but noooo
Thanks given by:
I feel like the new version has brought back many old competitive players though
Thanks given by:
Is anyone else having trouble running 1.2.0.2 on a Mac running OSX 10.5.8
It crashes when I press play
Thanks given by: