ac_thirst
a town middle eastern town has recently been deserted because of a long-standing drought. a medium sized map primarily for CTF but suitable for all modes. download link at the bottem. enjoy!

[Image: FXC7Kmb.jpg]
[Image: qZA88ZZ.jpg]
[Image: we2uVC4.jpg]
[Image: 5lJAHSu.jpg]

download link: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=878
Thanks given by:
MAC users please get rid of hidden __MACOSX folder and .DS_Store files before you upload to AKIMBO, Thank you.

Also, your mapmodels folder is a right mess. note that the 'up' model is part of a boxset folder that you cannot split, please keep all paths intact!
Thanks given by:
didnt know that there was a boxset...when i downloaded those map models a year ago, they came seperately as "up" and "tilted". it still works, however, if you copy both the "cleaner" folder and the "up" folder because of how i wrote each into the .cfg

i'm very glad you love the map though. thank you so much for the constructive feedback.
Thanks given by:
I made these models http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=493 and they go as cleaner/boxset/up and cleaner/boxset/tilted

I don't like your map since I don't even bother try it with a package like that:
packages/maps/ac_thirst
............/models/cleaner/doors
......................./mapmodels (empty folder)
......................./up
Thanks given by:
ok thanks sheldon cooper. your input is duly noted.
EDIT: ill fix it
EDIT 2: im a fucking idiot. i packaged that very wrong and i owe you an apology for my rudeness. sorry cleaner
EDIT 3: i have no idea how to delete these folders. they wont even show up in finder. in the meantime i uploaded the map again with the packaging fixed
Thanks given by:
I don't think Cleaner understands your problem -- he probably uses Windows or something.
Although I seem to remember this coming up before and showing you how to fix it
Thanks given by:
@ MerCyKiL, no worries... I can be harsh sometimes too but you folks should understand how we sometimes feel over at AKIMBO when we open some packages and we're like... WTF is this???

After explaining how to zip packages correctly for just about 5 years (Yes, AKIMBO is 5yo this month) it sometimes lead to exasperation, especially at this very moment when we are double checking and re-uploading thousands of files from our archives.

@ Felix-The-Ghost, I am indeed a Windows user but honest, it's the other way round, ppl don't seem to understand OUR problem, this MAC issue is been going on for ages, every time we have to redo the package (hundreds of them by now).
Anyhow thanks for that link, I will add this in our Packaging Rules section, just in case someone ever reads it.
Thanks given by:
@Cleaner: running your own website is hard enough man...i used to blog a bit and that supposedly very laid-back activity was nerve-warcking in and of itself. so dont call yourself harsh. major kudos for keeping AKIMBO going for five years :D

@Felix-The-Ghost: didn't know you gave me a link last time. this helps immensely. i cannot do it right now but i will delete these files as soon as possible
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 13, 04:06AM)Cleaner Wrote: @ Felix-The-Ghost, I am indeed a Windows user but honest, it's the other way round, ppl don't seem to understand OUR problem, this MAC issue is been going on for ages, every time we have to redo the package (hundreds of them by now)

The average Mac user doesn't transport media across operating systems and is oblivious of the hidden helper files Mac creates (only hidden because they are preceded with "." which is completely visible to any other OS) I.E. the author's files appear alright on their own system so they don't know they've included those files.

Something else is line endings -- sometimes you get a .cfg file that has no line breaks because it was made in Mac or vice-versa (this is a little more obscure to me)
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 13, 04:27AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: major kudos for keeping AKIMBO going for five years :D
Special thanks to all these people: The Team ;)

(27 Jul 13, 04:41AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Something else is line endings -- sometimes you get a .cfg file that has no line breaks because it was made in Mac or vice-versa (this is a little more obscure to me)
Yeah we've noticed that too and it is extremely annoying when after using the cfg converter you want to check it out manually. :s
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 13, 04:41AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
(27 Jul 13, 04:06AM)Cleaner Wrote: @ Felix-The-Ghost, I am indeed a Windows user but honest, it's the other way round, ppl don't seem to understand OUR problem, this MAC issue is been going on for ages, every time we have to redo the package (hundreds of them by now)

The average Mac user doesn't transport media across operating systems and is oblivious of the hidden helper files Mac creates (only hidden because they are preceded with "." which is completely visible to any other OS) I.E. the author's files appear alright on their own system so they don't know they've included those files.

Something else is line endings -- sometimes you get a .cfg file that has no line breaks because it was made in Mac or vice-versa (this is a little more obscure to me)

It seems like LF is more common than CRLF. I think other windows applications than notepad (or whatever is default) can detect LF or CRLF. I could be wrong. Also, AC shouldn't mind.

Maybe the upload script should remove all MACOSX and hidden files. Its a hard thing to ask people to remove those files, as they appear whenever you open a folder (or something like that), as they store display settings.
Thanks given by:
looks really nice judging from the screens! good job! :) its been quite a while since I downloaded a custom map! will check it now
Thanks given by:
:DD thanks rob!
Thanks given by:
Nice map MerCyKil. Though Id say you could improve the way you divide areas if you know what I mean. For instance look at ac_desert3 (inside-outside) and ac_lainio for nice examples (imo).
Thanks given by: