Alt+Tab
Hi,

I recently bought a new pc, now running Windows 8 64 bit.
Everything is working fine, except when I use alt+tab to switch to another program, I can't continue playing anymore. The game keeps running, but the screen rests black.
Is there a solution for this? Maybe a hotkey which is bound to a graphic reset or so?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Alt+tab once more?

^ this works for me
Thanks given by:
That's when the problem occurs :-)
Thanks given by:
click the terminal window and then the game window, in that order.
HTH.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 04:17PM)DrauL Wrote: click the terminal window and then the game window, in that order.
HTH.

no effect, same problem
Thanks given by:
I never had a problem with this on Windows 8 when I use it. OS X doesn't either nor does windows 7. I alt tab on 7 just fine, i cmd tab just fine on OS X too.
Thanks given by:
I use windows 8. I know what you are talking about. What I noticed is that if you hold down alt for 2 seconds after you release tab, it works fine...
Thanks given by:
I had this problem and it fixed itself over time. You can still hear Assault Cube but when you click on it, its just a black screen. Hopefully it will go away soon. Try rebooting your computer.
Thanks given by:
Try using windows button? It should bring you to your start screen.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 13, 11:45PM)Cho Wrote: Try using windows button? It should bring you to your start screen.

it's only working for a few games
Thanks given by:
None of this steps helps.
Does someone just knows a command to reset your graphic settings, as it does when you change your resolution or so? I think that should work.
Thanks given by:
In game?
/resetgl
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 13, 12:35PM)jamz Wrote: In game?
/resetgl

Strangely, that works if I use this command BEFORE doing alt-tab.
Problem solved :)
Thanks given by:
And not a single mention of /fullscreenscript, the preferred way of toggling fullscreen, in this whole thread. Bind it to something like F5 to avoid typing.
Thanks given by: