The sewers [Map]-Updated
[Image: qeyvVWS.png]
Now available at Akimbo

The update includes no more mapmodels/platforms in the middle.They have been replaced by boxes and containers.The flags have been reverted back to normal.There is still water,but thats because it didnt cause any FPS drop.There might still be lagg,but not as severe as before. I've also renamed the original map to thr_sewers_classic and included it in the package.
More maps coming soon!
~enjoy~
Thanks given by:
being honest, love the map. my only real qualm with it are the tiny little crouch tunnels near each base.

people really disliked the tunnels on aqueous in this version and for a good reason: too restricting. i think the next version makes it so you can stand in them.

on-topic: your mapping style is very methodical and utilizes all given space well. this trait is something that separates amateur mappers (including myself) from the big boys. keep building man i wanna see moar.
Thanks given by:
Nice map... however, 2 issues:

1) Your flag bases are mixed-up, change them around!

2) It's quite laggy, because:
* WQD is >5000
* a lot of platform models are used
* There is water

To fix the lag, you need to somehow introduce more solids.
Thanks given by:
"Every good game has to have a sewer lever" -BroTeam

EDIT: And i love the tunnels on Aqueous.. Its just a little dynamic change to gameplay you rarely see.
Thanks given by:
The gameplay is kinda simple and soft, we can see you put all your efforts on the athmosphere given, with a smart pick of textures, mapmodels and lights.

The overall gameplay is similar to aj_rafale (by Alpha_Jet) but thr_sewers is far more advanced.
As everyone said, take care of how laggy is the map in the future, actually this map is mainly a huge room full of details (mapmodels, water and heightfields). I hope further maps will have more advanced gameplays, it will avoid this kind of lag problems.

Nobody saw Mario yet? wtf
Thanks given by:
Ill be working on the lagg. The map wasn't as laggy before i put the stair rails on.As for the flags being reversed I put it like that so CTF would be more competitive,if the flags were regular any guy using the ar has an advantage(Using it to propel themselves back to base.)But if its a problem i can generally fix it.The tunnels were just an after thought,I wanted it to have more than 2 ways of exiting base,but not more than two ways entering.Ill have to preform a server test to see how that map plays online,see if more people enjoy it.

Next version I will remove the water and some map models.Ill have to see how ctf plays online before I can have a final decision .

lol Exoduss Mario been in every map of mines besides foundation.
Thanks given by:
mapmodels... remove only those that consist of lots polygons.
water not important, real players have their water subdivision set at minimum and reflection off unless there some that survey around and not really play.

apart from that, a decent map with enough latitude, gj.
Thanks given by: