AC Interview: .rC|Fluttershy (a.k.a Vanqu!sh)
1) How long have you been playing AC? How long have you been playing competively?

I started playing in either September or October 2011, if I remember correctly, although at the time I congregated on servers like Gema Central, before it got banned from the MS. I suppose I started playing competitively in December of that year, when al3rt and SiL3nT asked me to join their clan. The clan died, but they taught me a lot of what I know about the game atm, and the death of this clan sparked my application to aG, a wonderful clan where Larry trained me to be as strong as I am today.

2) What is your favorite official map, and favorite custom map? Why?

I really couldn't pick one favourite official map. My favourites are elevation, sunset, and gothic, and I just think they're incredibly well designed maps, sunset especially. I couldn't really say why I like them, I just have the most fun playing games on these maps.
As for custom maps, I think ac_venganza has an amazing layout and is aesthetically pleasing too, but my favourite custom map would have to be ac_magicschool, simply because it's so different from anything anyone else has ever done before and you have to appreciate the huge amount of effort the author put into making it.

3) Outside of CTF, what is your favorite mode in AC and why?

I think TKTF is pretty fun. I dislike the random spawns but other than that it's a great mode.

4) What do you think about Hosta's blacklisting? Should it be 2 months or 3 months?

This is for jamz to decide, not me. Hosta's a nice guy and all, but in my opinion there honestly isn't any reason why he should be given special treatment. If I were in jamz's position I'd have stuck with a 3 month CBL, but jamz is probably the most respected and important member of the community and it's important to accept his decision on the matter.

5) What games do you play besides AC, if any?

I play Sauerbraten and a little QuakeLive occasionally. I really enjoy The Elder Scrolls series of games too, even though they're a completely different genre.

6) Who do you think will win the Summer Cup?

My initial reaction would be |oNe|, however I think FD* and .aK| could potentially surprise everyone. The former team definitely work harder than anyone else when training for matches, and the latter seem to have popped out of nowhere yet are still able to dissolve the morale of high-skill teams, especially thanks to their star player IGC. I've heard w00p have recently pulled ech0 back from inactivity though, and he's notorious for saving w00p's skin when tournament pressures get high, so we'll see what happens.

7) Do you play any instruments? If so, which ones and how long have you played them?

I've had a very musical upbringing, I play piano, electric/acoustic guitar, the drums, the violin, and the harp. I also have a didgeridoo, a banjo, and an accordion, although I'm not really accomplished at playing the latter three.

8) What is your favorite weapon in AC, and why?

I play AR, but that's just because you're not as limited with it, you have far greater mobility and it deals decent damage over any range. I really like the smg and carbine, although they just aren't viable to play at the moment because the AR just eclipses them both in terms of power and speed. It can be quite therapeutic to just take shotgun in pubs and splatter people, but I wouldn't dream of using shotgun in a competitive setting - it's simply far too weak atm.

9) What things would you like to see added/removed from AC?

I'd like to see more maps added (that fit certain quality requirements, of course) and maybe a few of the laggier or more biased ones taken away. I also think there should be clearer definitions on things that are and are not allowed in AC, for instance modding sounds, scripts, using high gamma, "brightskins", etc. are all accepted by the majority of the community, yet other players consider them cheating and/or unfair advantages. It's hard for people to adhere to the rules on these things if they have no idea what the rules are.

10) What maps would you like to see added as official? What maps would you like to see removed from official?

I mean no offense to the map authors, but I'll give my honest opinion on this question with regard to the maps that are currently in SVN. I'd like to see rattrap removed, simply because it's unrealistic (a road that goes nowhere?), toxic, aqueous, and outpost removed (for bias reasons), and stellar (incredibly biased to CLA side, as well as having an "iffy" layout). I also think venison should be reworked since it lags heavily on older machines, but I like the basic layout of it. Other than that, I think venganza should be added, as well as apollo's arabic night.

11) What Operating System(s) do you use and why?

I use Windows, simply because I built my PC, and for some reason I got a free copy of Windows 7 with my motherboard and CPU. Thanks OC UK!

12) What new modes would you like to see in AC?

I haven't thought about this at great length so I don't know how it'd work, but I think it would be nice to see a mode like efficiency in AC. A part of what makes it fun in Sauerbraten is that you have so many different choices of weapons to use for each encounter and part of the tactic is to use the weapon that's the best suited to your current position on the map in relation to your enemy's position. Such a mode, if made popular, would also help players to become proficient in several different weapons, unlike the current whereby you can just be good with AR and get along just fine, which gets boring after a while.

13) What, in your opinion, are the top 3 clans in AC at the moment?

It depends what you're rating as "top". Skillwise I'd have to go for |oNe|, w00p| and |#LC*| (in descending order), but my three personal favourite clans (other than my own), are w00p, B} and iF* (in no particular order).

14) Who is your all-time favorite player?

Harrek. Being an ex-w00pie, I had the pleasure of playing with him as his teammate, and his style was just amazing to watch. He could rape top AR players with his SMG, and he cared only for the team's score and never for his own. Truly an inspirational player - sad that he doesn't play as often anymore.

15) Do you have any plans for a career?

Anything related to IT would be great, but as of now I have nothing planned.

16) What is your opinion on GEMAs?

I'm terrible at them, but they're a lot of fun. Massive respect to players like HP, fredrik, phoenix94 that manage to be so good at them.

17) Where did you first find out about AC?

From an IRL friend of mine. I never really intended to take the game seriously, I thought nothing of it at first. I decided to try and take the game seriously after I discovered TOSOK @ ultratwintowers, and it became my favourite mode. I moved to CTF later.

18) Do you think modded servers should be allowed on the master server or not?

I don't really have an opinion on this. I suppose if the server hasn't modified any of the core elements of AC's gameplay I don't see a reason why it should be banned.

19) What new weapons would you like to see in future versions of AC?

I think we should focus on balancing what we already have properly before we start adding new ones into the mix.

20) In your opinion, who is the #1 active player right now?

The player who I find consistently hardest to play well against is Waffles. His aim is ridiculous and he almost never slips up at anything. I also think Redbull and Xenon are two other incredibly strong players atm - it's very hard to choose who gets the #1 spot.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare, Aight, Phantom, who's next? :p

Nice interview, not much i didnt know :D

Who's the IRL friend? Any nick? ^^
Thanks given by:
Great interview. +1 to clearer rules about altering skins, sounds, etc. I'd throw in hax jump too, we really need to make a decision on that
Thanks given by:
larry appears to be your master ;)
Nice interview:)
Thanks given by:
good interview (isnt this vanq's second one)

is phantom conducting the ac interviews now?

for more hard hitting journalism i suggest hosta igc or milandrag to be interviewed
Thanks given by:
Nice interview. I'm intrigued as to why you picked outpost out of all the other biased maps. As far as the 'hax' jump goes. I don't think its necessary to 'ban' it of sorts. If people frown on it, then its their choice if they choose to play with them or not. Someone's always going to believe certain things are unfair in the game, so you've just got to make up your own mind on it. There is no distinct line you can draw underneath unfair advantages in the game.
Thanks given by:
* Hosta is a nice guy*
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 13, 11:07PM)Cemer Wrote: for more hard hitting journalism i suggest hosta igc or milandrag to be interviewed

lol? what sort of questions without the word "cheat" are you going to ask to Hosta? IMO some players have much more to provide for an interview, the thread name will be less catchy than a hosta's interview, but contents will be more rich.
BTW: Hosta is still cheating (at least, when Jamz was reproaching him to continue playing on publics, he was still using the same client) so where is the nice guy now?
Thanks given by:
I really like Vanquish. He's such a nice guy. He's always been kind to me even when I was less known. A noob like me really appreciate that, He's very thoughtful indeed. Besides, he likes Megadeth <3

Nice interview
Thanks given by:
Yes phantom is doing these now. Milandrag is a good idea. For dev-related people (the initial targets of night's interviews) who haven't already been covered, I suggest Cleaner or Luc@s.
Thanks given by:
Aight lost interest, so I threw the job to Phantom; just to confirm that.

Good interview though. :D

(17 Jun 13, 10:25PM)BigGunZ Wrote: Great interview. +1 to clearer rules about altering skins, sounds, etc. I'd throw in hax jump too, we really need to make a decision on that

F1
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 13, 11:07PM)Cemer Wrote: good interview (isnt this vanq's second one)

is phantom conducting the ac interviews now?

for more hard hitting journalism i suggest hosta igc or milandrag to be interviewed
For me without problems. Just let me know ;D
Thanks given by:
Well thanks to everyone who appreciated the interview.

@Marti; he just used to change names on public servers randomly. He might have used the nick "Itachi" for a while, iirc. Either way he's not well known.
@Cemer; I hadn't been interviewed before, however a few of my clanmates have, maybe this is what you meant o.O
@EndGame; ty bro, the respect is mutual q:D

I also think Milandrag would be a nice interviewee.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 13, 10:02PM)PhaNtom Wrote: 13) What, in your opinion, are the top 3 clans in AC at the moment?
...and iF*.

I'm gunna cry :')
Thanks given by:
I don't know why but i really enjoy reading topics like this one, this is really interesting. keep interviewing please !
Thanks given by:
Really nice interview, some good questions, well done Phantom !
Thanks given by:
VANQUISH IZ BOSS
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think TKTF is pretty fun. I dislike the random spawns but other than that it's a great mode.

Just imagine playing TKTF on desert3, except everyone spawns at their own base and you have a bunch of CLA camping in their base with the flag and mowing you down as you try to get through either of the two narrow entry points. That's why. :)
Thanks given by:
Why no question about Maidstone being the AC capital of the UK?
Thanks given by:
Why no questions about why you haven't visited jamz and taken pics of him for us to see yet?
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 13, 10:02PM)Vanq Wrote: ...but my personal favourite clan is iF*.

:D

(17 Jun 13, 10:22PM)Marti Wrote: Nightmare, Aight, Phantom, who's next? :p

MerCyKiL. MerCyKiL is always next.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 13, 03:19PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(17 Jun 13, 10:02PM)Vanq Wrote: ...but my personal favourite clan is iF*.

:D

(17 Jun 13, 10:22PM)Marti Wrote: Nightmare, Aight, Phantom, who's next? :p

MerCyKiL. MerCyKiL is always next.

Most legendary post ever.
Thanks given by: