Lefs Superb Server!
Hi! Hey! Yea, you look at me! I'm Flare!

Basically, I am the owner of [Lefs Superb Server](A new server that I created not long ago) and I wish to hopefully, mold this thread into a love thread! Right now, I am recruiting admins...so if you want to try your luck, you may post a request following this format!

Admins:
deathrider
ToM-FLNC13
Current MapRotation
====
sniper@camper
camper@camper
sniper98@camper
dash@camper
[more to come]
P.S. This will be the "mother" thread for my server...
P.S.S. Ummm @other servers out there...I might or might not have accidentally stolen away your players...oops.
Thanks given by:
I saw you on headshotcity maps, what will be the maprot of the server?
Thanks given by:
F9, M
Thanks given by:
Being a new server owner...it is currently only running sniper@camper TDM mostly, I allow people to change maps to popular maps though. Though not the smartest choice... Quite a number of people like to play that map...Any other "cool" suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Yes, how about official maps.
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 02:38PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Yes, how about official maps.

Very nice question. Up till now, I have never seen a single person on my server liking to play an official map. In fact, most votes for official maps usually fail on my server. My server was meant to be fun, not serious.
Thanks given by:
But in fact, actually there are so many servers offering what you called "fun" (@ maps, headshotcity likes, and the famous ac_douze), the game is suffering because of the lack of server who offers a custom map maprot (i said custom because good official maps are only a few compared to hundreds of custom map that fit perfectly with the public scene).
So what about it?

BTW: admin on sniper@camper maps is a mess because hackers are testing their cheats here (just because mid/high skill players who are mostly aware of the blacklist system don't give a damn about those servers), plus it's hard to find out if it's a hacker or just a guy who is aware of an unknow secret path. Skill level is even lower than on ac_douze, teamkills at will!
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 04:29PM).ExodusS* Wrote: But in fact, actually there are so many servers offering what you called "fun" (@ maps, headshotcity likes, and the famous ac_douze), the game is suffering because of the lack of server who offers a custom map maprot (i said custom because good official maps are only a few compared to hundreds of custom map that fit perfectly with the public scene).
So what about it?

BTW: admin on sniper@camper maps is a mess because hackers are testing their cheats here (just because mid/high skill players who are mostly aware of the blacklist system don't give a damn about those servers), plus it's hard to find out if it's a hacker or just a guy who is aware of an unknow secret path. Skill level is even lower than on ac_douze, teamkills at will!
I technically agree...my maprot isn't fully finished...I am still slowly collecting random maps that people mostly like...I have 2 maps right now, I kinda expect about 5 soon...Anyways, love your input, thanks for the tips
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 06:01PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote: I technically agree...my maprot isn't fully finished...I am still slowly collecting random maps that people mostly like...I have 2 maps right now, I kinda expect about 5 soon...Anyways, love your input, thanks for the tips

Actually, your maprot MUST have at least 3 maps in it, or it could be blacklisted.
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 06:09PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(17 May 13, 06:01PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote: I technically agree...my maprot isn't fully finished...I am still slowly collecting random maps that people mostly like...I have 2 maps right now, I kinda expect about 5 soon...Anyways, love your input, thanks for the tips

Actually, your maprot MUST have at least 3 maps in it, or it could be blacklisted.

jamz has pmed me about that, but he said it only requires 2, not 3
Thanks given by:
In the server documentation:
Quote:Important: Do not use the maprot file to force the same map or mode repeatedly. Servers with map rotations containing less than two different maps (or three if they are all the same mode) may be removed from the public server list. Also, do only use standard maps and maps from your packages/maps/servermaps folder!
Thanks given by:
Ah, I read that wrong. Thanks jamz.
Thanks given by:
(18 May 13, 10:20PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Ah, I read that wrong. Thanks jamz.

P.S. Thanks for all the concern so far...now 3 maps are in rotation
Thanks given by:
By "more maps to come", do you mean rifle@camper ? :P
Thanks given by:
+ dash@camper
Thanks given by:
The server just got removed from the server list, Flare, because (as I'm sure you know) it was reporting 20 slots, but supporting more. Not liking the restriction is one thing, complaining about it is another, but deliberately obscuring the fact that you've got around it...?
Thanks given by:
Oh wow. Ggwp.
Thanks given by:
Hehe. Sorry about that. I was playing with the coding. I will swap it back to the normal client. Just wondering, why was the limit set at 20? I mean, newer servers can definitely support the load of players. Some maps are also ridiculously big, so having more players will allow a more rapid gameplay! It was due to those reasons I tinkered with the code to see if there was a way to support more players :(

I had a vision for massive AC fanbases and even more massive AC servers that can actually hold more than 20 slots with little to zero error rates but since the almighty jamz has declared that it was strictly illegal, I guess I will remove that :(

Will the almight jamz put my server back on? I'll fix the code :p

Also, is there a possibility of making this game a MMOFPS? It really is a great game. A little too small is the only problem.

@DrauL
I know you hate me and the feeling is mutual, but I have left you alone for a good while, please butt out. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Flare, sorry to disagree with you here but....

YOUR server is NOT capable with handling 20 players at ALL.

It lagged and there's a lot of packet losses.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 13, 05:34PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Flare, sorry to disagree with you here but....

Uh, actually, it is capable. I just limited the packets as I was receiving one hell of a ddos time. I could remove the packet limit rate, but it is kinda dangerous to do such
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 13, 05:51PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote:
(07 Jul 13, 05:34PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Flare, sorry to disagree with you here but....

Uh, actually, it is capable. I just limited the packets as I was receiving one hell of a ddos time. I could remove the packet limit rate, but it is kinda dangerous to do such

I'd qualify that as not capable until you remove the packet limit rate.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 13, 08:31PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(07 Jul 13, 05:51PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote:

I'd qualify that as not capable until you remove the packet limit rate.

O.o What's going on. There's no point for me to remove it since jamz has told me that I obviously cannot host more slots on master server list since it infringes the rules. What's the point of me removing the server packet limit anymore?

@Bugboy1028, I had been receiving mini ddos attempts, could be the reason why there was some spike lags at that time.
Thanks given by:
I find it hard to believe anybody would care enough to try and ddos these servers. Might just be poor quality. Logs or didnt happen
Thanks given by:
Well i got ddosd. My provider cut me off.
Thanks given by:
Well, apparently people do want to ddos my server. I don't have logs since I had not set up the bandwidth logger before the DDoS but I suspect it was my minecraft server that was attracting the DDoS.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 11:56AM)DrauL Wrote: Well i got ddosd. My provider cut me off.

(08 Jul 13, 02:27PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote: Well, apparently people do want to ddos my server. I don't have logs since I had not set up the bandwidth logger before the DDoS but I suspect it was my minecraft server that was attracting the DDoS.

Same problem for me, that's why i stopped hosting all Xtrem Warrior's Servers temporarily.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 02:27PM)SupposedlyFlare Wrote: Well, apparently people do want to ddos my server. I don't have logs since I had not set up the bandwidth logger before the DDoS but I suspect it was my minecraft server that was attracting the DDoS.

What exactly is your upload speed? You know running a few AC serevrs with large client connection limits as well as a Minecraft server requires quite a bit of dedicated speed right? So your ddos could also just be people trying to connect.
Thanks given by:
It runs on a dedi connection of 100mbps, with ability to ramp up to 2gbps+ upon DDoS...apparently the attack was powerful enough to even exceed that.
Thanks given by: