AC Interview: itsBRITNEYb!tch
Some players asked me not to focus on interviewing competitive players only. So here we go - itsBRITNEYb!tch ! Special guest, it's a pub player most people might know. Turned 18 a few weeks ago, American and has played AC for 2 years. Male or female? Who knows...

1) What is your favorite weapon in Assault Cube, and why?

I'd say the carbine is my favorite, with the shotgun a close second. It depends on the map, really. There are some maps where I MUST use the carbine (e.g. douze, depot, iceroad), but not really any maps where the shotgun is a necessity. Well, maybe arid...

2) What is your favorite official map, and favorite custom map? Why?

Favorite map would probably be ac_shine and favorite custom map would be ac_dust2. Shine is fast-paced, yet isn't the clusterf*ck that douze is. You can't go very far without getting into a firefight. Dust2 has a nice sense of openness to it, yet isn't as chaotic as douze. The carbine comes in handy in that one.

3) What kind of maps should be official in your opinion? Are there any custom maps you'd like to see getting official?

If I had to guess, I'd say that CTF is probably the most played mode in the game, so I'd cater more to maps that lend themselves well to that mode. The community should have a major voice as to which ones get added. As far as custom maps go, the only one that comes to mind is ac_dust2, although there's probably a reason it hasn't already been added.

4) What is your favorite mode in Assault Cube, and why?

Definitely CTF. I like the idea of warring factions pushing forward and not stopping until they've seized the enemy flag... or until they're taken out by campers. Either way, it's hella fun.

5) Your nick is "itsBRITNEYb!tch". What is the origin of it's creation? I've heard you've been banned several times because of it. Must be pretty annoying, ain't it?

I only recall once that I've been banned because of it, although I have been kicked a few times when playing on newer, smaller servers. That is pretty frustrating. Playing a shooter where you can splatter a guy into tiny chunks is ok, but a mild curse word is too corrupting for impressionable minds? That doesn't really make much sense to me. I rarely visit servers I'm not familiar with as a result.

6) Outside of CTF, what is your favorite mode in AC and why?

Next favorite would be OSOK, played almost exclusively on douze. It's pretty awesome to get 10+ players, although the spawns make you want to pull your hair out sometimes. I shoot from the hip, but if I ever learn to scope, I would be pretty awesome.

7) What do you think of Assault Cube as a free fps, like what it does well, what it doesn't? And how do you think it stands against other free multiplayer first person shooters?

Not having played other free FPS, I'm probably not the best person to compare. :/

8) Did you know about the ac forum before I told you about it? Do you think it could be helpful to keep up to date about the game and gather information about various things such as scripts or mods? It doesn't seem to be known to the regular pub player who only really cares about playing the game...

I've been a lurker for awhile now but have never posted, so the accounts I would make were eventually deleted. I'm not even sure most pub players know anything about scripts or the ability to apply various mods. It would be cool if AKIMBO were to make the jump from an external website to an in-game feature where players can download and have scripts/mods automatically installed for them.

9) Can you name a few of your favorite bands/music artists, songs or albums?

Bands: 65daysofstatic, Foo Fighters, Paramore
Artists: Britney Spears, P!nk, Eminem
Songs: Radio Protector (65daysofstatic), Best of You (Foo Fighters), Jesus of Suburbia (Green Day)
Albums: Blackout (Britney Spears), Riot! (Paramore), By the Way (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

10) Do you have any pets?

I have a couple of cats. I never gave them names, seeing as how they don't listen to me anyway. They're cats after all. I had a dog, but I had to give her away when I last moved. (T_T)

11) Are you a sports person? Which one/s do you practice and which ones do you like to watching on TV?

I'm probably not the most coordinated person, so I don't really partake in sports much. I do watch the NFL alot (I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan). I also enjoy watching MMA (usually UFC), although I like Invicta FC as well. I'll also watch some NBA, but only when the playoffs start. I don't really pay any attention to other sports.

12) The devs are changing spread and recoil for most weapons once a new release is planned to balance them. Some weapons are undergoing big changes such as the carbine which is going to ignore armour partially or the shotgun which is changed completely to behave like a "real" shotgun (a lot of damage on short distances, unuseful on long range). What's your opinion on drastic changes like these?

As long as the game is still fun, I don't really care. I can adapt. Is the rifle sprint the next to go? I hate dealing with so many people doing it while playing CTF on douze. (Although I have been trying it out some lately. :P)

13) You can play AC basically 24/7 because you're not limited to play within your region but with people from all other the world unlike many other fps games. Might be convenient for people who don't have much spare time but it also involves the risk for pupils, students... to play too much. What do you think?

I think it's the player's responsibility to know when to put the game away and focus on work that needs to be done. This game isn't exactly an MMO, so it shouldn't take as much time away as other online games can. But maybe some positive things can come from it. Perhaps they'll develop an interest in game development or other game-related careers. You never know.

14) When you watch the server list on the master server, what is determinative for you what to play?

I have the servers sorted by number of players. I look for CTF matches with at least a dozen players, LSS and OSOK matches with at least 2 others, and ping that is ideally under 300.

15) What do you think about the scoreboard? Should ratio be part of it and do you like the existing score system? Should flags be the only aspect to factor in for winning or losing a game?

Ratio would be nice to have on there for the mathematically challenged folks, like me. I don't see the point of the score though. Flags should be the determining factor as to who wins a match. The alternative would basically be just glorified DM.

16) How did you find out about Assault Cube?

I learned about AC from a gaming forum I used to frequent. A poster I would eventually come to know as fellow AC player "Money$hot" mentioned it, so I gave it a try. It had a solid user base, fun gameplay, and my PC didn't have any problems running it, so I've stuck with it.

17) Why do you love Assault Cube?

You don't need a supercomputer to run it, it's fast-paced and fun, and I'm halfway decent at it too.

18) What features would you like to see added to Assault Cube?

Ability to pick up/drop weapons, be able to trade weapons with teammates, ability to carry and move some mapmodels in-game, achievements, skins/mods that other players can see, ability to throw your knife (Crocodile Dundee 2-style), and an official ranking system.

19) If you could add any weapon to AC, what would it be?

A laser trip mine. It would take 5 seconds to place, be more damaging and have a larger blast radius than a grenade, and would detonate if shot. A grenade that can be remotely detonated would be nice too.

20) What Operating System(s) do you use and why?

I use Windows XP SP3. My PC is a old ass Dell Dimension 8250. I'm not even sure if it can run Windows 7 and Vista's reputation precedes it. I honestly don't really know anything about Linux :/

Another future interviewee will be Ketar. You'd like to see someone interviewed? Feel free to pm me or post in this thread and I'll have a look. Up next: SaXzE.
Thanks given by:
Well this was an interesting surprise.

Well done per usual.

Where's mah interview at d'oh
Thanks given by:
Nice. One of my favorite pub players. Don' t quote me on that. BTW: the reason dust_2 isnt official is because its a copy of an old CS 1.0 map. Was my favorite back then.
Thanks given by:
One of the best interviews so far this year, good job. :3
Thanks given by:
"Playing a shooter where you can splatter a guy into tiny chunks is ok, but a mild curse word is too corrupting for impressionable minds?" Marry me.
Thanks given by:
Radio Protector (65daysofstatic) ... excellent choice!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see britney speak! Very good interview.

If you guys have never played with britney, you will see he/she is the most flag-stealing little sucker on AC.
Thanks given by:
dat bitch rocks. <3
Thanks given by:
I have to say..He/she got good tactics in getting the flag, I often do kill him/her while running after the flag :P

-You Been Fragged/Headshotted by PKKiller-
Thanks given by:
Dude is an asshole. He tried to get me banned from a sunset ctf game, claiming I was a hacker...
Thanks given by:

(13 Apr 13, 12:08AM)Aekom Wrote: Dude is an asshole. He tried to get me banned from a sunset ctf game, claiming I was a hacker...

I've never tried banning you. Must've been an imposter. I've seen one once.
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 13, 06:54AM)itsBRITNEYb!tch Wrote: I've never tried banning you. Must've been an imposter. I've seen one once.

Ah...then your imposter was an asshole.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant interview as always.

Also... Gg's Britt for smashing me earlier. XD
Thanks given by:
You can always tell it's britney cuz he/she uses impeccable spelling and grammar, often correcting itself on typos.
Thanks given by:
It is good to see a non-forum, non-IRC, non-clan pubber, whom any major pubber would know, interviewed.
(12 Apr 13, 03:38PM)itsBRITNEYb!tch Wrote: ...I only recall once that I've been banned because of [my name]...
If I remember rightly, I saw you banned once in a case of mistaken identity, because you started playing around the time that there was a speedhacker called |GIRL|Britney, who later used the name |BITCH|Britney!.
Quote:...the accounts I would make were eventually deleted.
I gave you a free post when you created your account again the other day, so this won't happen now.
Thanks given by:
an insightful gaze into the perspective of the average trash player.

my regards.
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 03:07PM)Undead Wrote: an insightful gaze into the perspective of the average trash player.
my regards.
an insightful commentary from the god of ac.
our thanks.
Thanks given by:
I played some pubs with itsBRITNEYb!tch, nice skills, good player.
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 06:32PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: an insightful commentary from the god of ac.
our thanks.

and also with you, my child.

let the lord be with you always.
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 03:07PM)Undead Wrote: an insightful gaze into the perspective of the average trash player.

my regards.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!
Thanks given by:
One of the more fun players to throwdown on and with in pubs.
Thanks given by:
I always enjoy seeing Britney in pubs. Fun times!

A great interview; got to learn more about an active pub player member of our community.
Thanks given by:
Carabine and Knife user. The perfect pub player. :p
Thanks given by:
Here's some more information about itsBRITNEYb!tch. Left over material from pm's. I wanted to have an interview with itsBRITNEYb!tch for quite some time but when I saw him/her on a public server I didn't want to interrupt him/her (fuck dat, hella annoying this he/she shit, reveal yourself) from playing. 3 Weeks ago I found his/her youtube username by chance while checking ac vids.

Quote:AC is the only game I play online. As far as other games go, I do enjoy some older PC shooters like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and Half-Life 2. I like some casual games like Plants vs. Zombies and Peggle too. I have an Xbox 360 but the games I've bought have all developed disc problems eventually. It continues to gather dust as we speak.

I get around 40-60 normally. I envy the people getting hundreds of fps. If I had a computer powerful enough to do that I'd probably be playing some newer shooters instead of AC. It just seems like overkill to me.

They don't really float my boat. I've tried it once and failed miserably. I strongly prefer CTF or the occassional LSS or OSOK game. I'm looking forward to playing TLSS when 1.2 releases as well. There needs to be a mode that's basically CTF with no guns, only knife and grenades.

I pretty much play exclusively on pubs. I just look for the bigger CTF matches going on and jump in. I generally tend to shy away from the smaller CTF games. With other modes it's whether my ping is decent and whether it has a decent number of players playing.

I've been trying to drink more water lately but I also enjoy some Fanta (orange) or Sprite. Regarding food, you can't go wrong with some chips, preferably Pringles. Mmm, Pringles.

I played the trombone in middle school but I quit band cuz they wouldn't let me play drums and using the mouthpiece the school provided was kind of nasty. After you would use it you would just it spray it with some sort of disinfectant and hang it on a rack. Oh yeah, and I couldn't read music. I've heard that's kind of important.

I'm more of a visual person, so I don't spend too much time reading. The only books I've read lately are the Greg Bear novels based on the Xbox shooter, Halo. I would definitely recommended them.

I graduate next month so my playing might go down a little bit.

I'm not embarrassed to say i enjoy some pop (Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, etc.), as well as some rock (Foo Fighters, Green Day, etc.). The occasional Eminem or Kanye West track is enjoyable too. The music I've really gotten into over the last handful of months would have to be post-rock.

I'm not a big movie watcher. My movie mantra (yes, I have one) is, "If I haven't already seen it, I don't really have any interest in watching it". Of the movies I have watched some of my favorites would be Anchorman, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and Independence Day.

I don't involve myself much in politics. Although that may change a little now that I can vote. <3

His/her last comment; "I'm surprised anyone even knows who I am lol."
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 05:47PM)Aight Wrote: (fuck dat, hella annoying this he/she shit, reveal yourself)

Yes Britney, reveal your damned self.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 05:47PM)Aight Wrote: ...

I was wondering what happened to those questions. I thought maybe my answers weren't interesting enough or someone was just playing a prank on me and there really wasn't an interview.

(19 Apr 13, 08:36PM)Money$hot Wrote:
(19 Apr 13, 05:47PM)Aight Wrote: (fuck dat, hella annoying this he/she shit, reveal yourself)

There's no way, sir!
Thanks given by:
Money$hot stop using disgusting images for your avatar
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 08:52PM)itsBRITNEYb!tch Wrote:
(19 Apr 13, 05:47PM)Aight Wrote: ...

I was wondering what happened to those questions. I thought maybe my answers weren't interesting enough or someone was just playing a prank on me and there really wasn't an interview.

(19 Apr 13, 08:36PM)Money$hot Wrote:

There's no way, sir!

LOL, I bet you suspected the prankster was me....

Anyways, if you don't reveal yourself, you will force me to make a poll. The results of that poll is what you will be referred to henceforth. Please cooperate and divulge.

However, as I'm sure you are aware, I am very adept at detecting trannies attempting to perpetrate.

(19 Apr 13, 09:02PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Money$hot stop using disgusting images for your avatar
Don't worry, photobucket will kick it in a day or so...lolz
Thanks given by:
Brit, don't let your xbox gather dust, use it!
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox...ver-setup/
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 09:58PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Brit, don't let your xbox gather dust, use it!
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox...ver-setup/

I had been using TVersity until it stopped working one day, then I switched to Zune. The problem was I only have 1 GB of RAM and the Zune software uses a good chunk of that. I don't watch TV much anymore so I just uninstalled it.
Thanks given by: