Help with uvmapping?(HK416 is waitingfor a release!)
Well i need a good uv mapping program.Not some plugin or whatever thing for like Blender or 3ds max.Ive tried with lith unwrap but the uv maps are really crap there.Can anyone give me a good solution?Im working on the HK416 right now: [Image: o8d1j7jhicmwax0fg.jpg]

Actually I was wrong :(
After I saw this pic: http://i.imgur.com/zXWa5rD.png
I understood that i just dont know how to make a good one
How can I make such uvmap that all the uvmaps of all groups are in one layout!?!?!
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 13, 03:30PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote: Well i need a good uv mapping program.Not some plugin or whatever ...

I dont think there is a program that will unwrap everything automatically and perfectly for you.

Im not so experienced but i think you need to group weapon parts and make seams on sharp edges of each part and then you unwrap and sort them all on one uv.
Thanks given by:
What 3D program do you use?

With Milkshape3D i simply use the texture editor but indeed you'll never find an easy way to uvmap the whole shubbeng at once.

The texturing is the hardest part of the process of making a model, all of it has to be done by groups and like |HP| said rearranged on a single image file
Thanks given by:
Well yeah im using milkshape.I know that Blender has a good uvmapping plugin thong but I never made any 3d model with blender so its gonna be hard time to learn all that there.The picture what I posted above shows that in Lith Unwrap every single group uvmap are in one layout or map.If I get to know how is that done it goes a lot easier.Why do I want all textures in one texture file is that with multiple textures you can't make world models.
Can you really do something good with milkshape texeditor?
And finally does anybody know does Makke is actvive qnymore and how can I contact him.He knows how to do it for sure :)
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 13, 07:22PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote: Why do I want all textures in one texture file is that with multiple textures you can't make world models.
Seems you didn't really grab what I meant... use your 'groups' UV maps to texture your model then if not too complex regroup all of it on a single image file, the UV should follow (or may just need to be moved accordingly to your image file).

Yes you can have world models (like any other models) with multiple skins, you just need a cfg with commands to tell your groups where to go get it's texture.

About makkE not to sure but you can still try to pm him

EDIT: They are lots of vids available on youtube about it, will be easier for you to watch them than for us explaining the whole process.
Thanks given by:
Thanks,I hope that I can get it done fast and HK416 will be out soon:)
Thanks given by:
I think you guys should stop helping him. I believe he is using the information you are giving him to mod ACR stuff......

http://forum.acr.victorz.ca/archive/inde...d-708.html

just....

GAY
Thanks given by:
WTF! Thanks Boomhauer

xdEpicZombie you're dead meat!
Thanks given by:
He even used the same nickname.

FUCKING RETARD
Thanks given by: