Poll: Kill-Cam a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it would be good.
58.33%
28 58.33%
No, it just seems boring.
41.67%
20 41.67%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

5 second kill-cam? (ideas)
You know how at the end of every death or TOSOK round or such? I think during those 5 seconds we should see the winning kill (TOSOK/LSS/PF [round related modes]).

With CTF/TDM (time related matches), you should see the last 5 seconds of how you were killed.

Like CoD Online or something. And just something else, when climbing ladders, you shouldn't be able to access you gun or weapon (desert waterwell camping).

Do you think this would be a boost?
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of the preview of your kill, would be interesting to see if people would like it. Not changing weapons while climbing ladder, I'm not sure about that one. Not sure what you mean to adding a microphone to AC.

If you mean a program inside AC to talk to other players, it's been discussed and been denied for quite obvious reasons. If you would use it in pubs at least 1/3 of the players would just shout out stupid stuff like 10 year olds, and integrating this option would make the game file size much larger when the game should be small and simple. If you want to chat with players in a pub/match then use teamspeak/skype/mumble/etc.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 03:02AM)SpiRiT Wrote: P.S. How about microphone to AC too?

Bad idea, and has been brought up many times before. It will destroy latency for some connections and it's unnecessary when taking into account programs like Mumble, Ventrilo etc.

However I like the idea of a kill cam - just depends on how hard it is to implement.
Thanks given by:
Obviously I know someone would've brought up a microphone topic before, just never knew it was declined. And i'd have to agree now that I do play a lot of PS3 online and it can be pretty serious stuff they talk about. But on online it's team talk only, but hey, leaving it out would probably be a safer idea.

And thanks for the positive feedback about the kill-cam, it could also make it not seem as boring through-out games I guess. :)
Thanks given by:
I don't like that i should see this every time, maybe i want to spectate someone in those 5 sec.
For exemple when pressing F5 after your got killed, it show you the last 5 secondes.
Thanks given by:
Maybe as an option you can go into your AC Options in the Menu and pick if you'd like to have Kill-Cam on or off. Don't we already spectate people in those 5 seconds anyway?
Thanks given by:
Having a kill-cam is great, imo. :)
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the positive feedback. :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 03:31AM)samsattF Wrote: I don't like that i should see this every time, maybe i want to spectate someone in those 5 sec.
For exemple when pressing F5 after your got killed, it show you the last 5 secondes.

Or maybe, have the killcam straight after you get killed (like in CoD), but click to go back in game or press space bar to spectate?

Either way, my prediction is that it would be too much to implement, thus killing the 40MB nature of the game. I would love it though, it would calm me down so much after screaming at my laptop saying "HOW ON EARTH DID THAT KI... oh."
Thanks given by:
Fiesta is like 1G download, i've got it.

40MB isn't much, and the killcam won't increase it too much.
Thanks given by:
I like that idea spamma. Make it automatically appear and if you click you appear as a ghost, then press spacebar and u spec a teamate.
Thanks given by:
You forgot a third option for "No because it's in MW2" :3

But in all seriousness I think a round winning killcam would be fun for round based modes, but anything else really isn't necessary.
When it comes to COD I don't like killcam because it gives away your position, but due to the fast pace of AC that isn't really a problem. Although that does sort of defeat the purpose, and I think it would be nothing more than an annoyance for anything other than the end of a round of osok/lss/survivor.
Thanks given by:
Only round based modes? Sounds good.
Thanks given by:
That's a bit more realisitic. Good. :)
Thanks given by:
Yea, would be awesome. Can i change my vote? :P
Thanks given by:
it would be terrible as I tend to use spectate mode to check in on how my team mates are doing or to see if there are any live nades in the the spawn point that would kill me if I didn't wait to spawn
Thanks given by:
Habluka, if you have not read. I think you should. KillCam can be a option through the MENU. Or as discussed, KillCam happens and pessing SPACEBAR automatically enters SPECTATE mode.
Thanks given by:
okay, i can tell you now, this won't happen, it would require a fairly large amount of coding.
Thanks given by:
Well, demo recording has been moved to the server side, so that means having a kill cam might take some work, but I don't see it as something hard. All we need to do is keep a demo buffer of the last 5 seconds in the client and when you die it just replays it from the killer's POV.

The good thing about this is that it can reveal a camper's position.
Thanks given by:
You can already find a camper by SPECTATE mode. But, yes, it would reveal a camper's spot. But AC is usually a quick-killing and flow game so it shouldn't reveal too much of a position unless it is a continuous camper camping in the same spot.

If anything, it is possible and it probably won't be as hard as people would expect.
Thanks given by:
Although, before any of this I would LOVE to see weapons included in spec. mode, demos etc. Especially with the arrival of spectator mode in 1.1, I think that if weapons were to be included in the above it would give a great opportunity to those who would perhaps want to broadcast things like ESL matches or tournaments, stuff like that.
Thanks given by:
It would help with finding cheaters and campers.

Though, most of the time you know where campers are before they kill you.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 07:44AM)SpiRiT Wrote: If anything, it is possible and it probably won't be as hard as people would expect.

Everything is possible, and hard or not, it can be done. It would just be a sh*tload of work, all for such a little gimmick. Really, there's hundreds of more important things that are a lot easier to implement.

Sure it would be cool and useful against campers. Those who want it shall feel free to code it themselves ;)
Thanks given by:
Well, why not add code to the built in demo function? If the server was recording the demo of the round winning kill. it could play it back in the five seconds before the next round.

TBH, I can't really think of a better way to do it. You would need to show guns in demos though, or it would be a bit crazy.
Thanks given by:
killcam is not really awsome if you ever used one before. 1 of the negative is that it shows you where the killer went.
Thanks given by:
F1 to this idea
Thanks given by:
idea:

want kill cam?

play cod.

ac is ac
Thanks given by:
or bc2. ( <3 )
Thanks given by:
yata, obviously i'm giving the idea for AC, not Call of Duty.

Half of the people think it's a good idea, the other half think it's bad.

It is NOT going to reveal a persons position because it is the end of the round and the round restarts, but it will reveal if it's a 'same place camper' where they just keep going to the same place to camp.

It is a good and bad idea, the people who want to kill the campers would prefer it, but the campers will go against it.

So really, the idea could go either way.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 10, 02:58AM)pwned Wrote: killcam is not really awsome if you ever used one before. 1 of the negative is that it shows you where the killer went.

You can still do this without the killcam...
Thanks given by: