The end of AC-Inter
The time has come. After over 2 years of service dedicated to you (the AssaultCube players), I have decided that AC-Inter will no longer remain in service.

The IRC bot has quit IRC for the last time today where it will forever remain silent.

The AC-Inter webpage has been taken down where all live requests feed will forever be lost.

It has been a blast working on this project but it's time for things to move on.

I sincerely thank all of those players who have used and supported my service because it was you guys who made things worth while. You gave me the drive to continue working and rewarded me with your use of the service to show that my time was worth something to some people.

I apologize for any inconvenience!
Forever shall remain silent AC-Inter and the acinter bot.
Thanks given by:
?!
D:

What?! Why?

This was one of the few reliable ways of actually getting inters organized!

It will definitely be missed. :(
Thanks given by:
what is the reasoning for this?

it seems kind of unexpected
Thanks given by:
RIP AC Inter 27-02-2013
Thanks given by:
Right after the nice update, this is sad. :(
Thanks given by:
:(?

Now I'm never going to get players for an inter. It was bad as it is.
Thanks given by:
okay then, i guess ill bring up my starter idea to hopefully resuscitate the inter scene

would people be interested in the idea of interparties?

basically a scheduled time where people hop onto a TS3, and play inters together. scheduled time, reserved servers, and people (hopefully) showing up to play

i was thinking about buying a vps for this maybe, and if it goes well hopefully acinter can be revived for inters. it doesnt help that there isnt a new and fresh version, but we can try and salvage whatever is left. im not trying to hijack this thread, just i dont see the point of starting another right now with no framework or structure
Thanks given by:
^It's a nice idea, but scheduling times is what bothers me, since the concept of inters is just sorta like "pick-up" games, and if we start trying to schedule (unless we give a broad time availability) somebody will end up having something else to do and then the whole game will be ruined for everybody unless a replacement is found within the short timeframe of availability (gee, a bot would be a nice quick way to find somebody, hmmm? :P).

Other than that, go for it.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 02:17AM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: :(?

Now I'm never going to get players for an inter. It was bad as it is.

It wasn't that hard back before acinter
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 01:30AM)ikljo Wrote: I sincerely thank all of those players who have used and supported my service because it was you guys who made things worth while. You gave me the drive to continue working and rewarded me with your use of the service to show that my time was worth something to some people.

I wish more people were like you.
So there wont be any ts3 bot :/ Anyway thx for your work, I guess the reason why is in the title.
Thanks given by:
So sudden.. I guess the demand wasn't really there, huh.

Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 03:31AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ^It's a nice idea, but scheduling times is what bothers me, since the concept of inters is just sorta like "pick-up" games, and if we start trying to schedule (unless we give a broad time availability) somebody will end up having something else to do and then the whole game will be ruined for everybody unless a replacement is found within the short timeframe of availability (gee, a bot would be a nice quick way to find somebody, hmmm? :P).

Other than that, go for it.

Well, I don't think he meant like rely on people to be there. Just like set a time and date, then who ever shows up, plays.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 01:30AM)ikljo Wrote: I apologize for any inconvenience!

Couldn't you just passed over the commands to someone else instead of just bringing it suddenly down? I am pretty sure you would have find some reliable candidates around here....
Thanks given by:
I like the idea Cemer, totaly agree.

We could somehow put a schedule online and all the players could write down when they are available and the meet in inter channels on Ts.

And too bad for the bot...
Thanks given by:
Shame, but I can see why you've decided to do this. Activity in #acinter has been non-existent recently.
Thanks given by:
only got ourselves to blame.
it was nice having it :)
Thanks given by:
Ty for creating it! It has always been very helpfull!

I hope a new hero will arise to create a new way of getting inters!
Thanks given by:
wasn't exactly the best implemented idea anyway.
nice try tho.
Thanks given by:
Always supportive Undead thats why we love you.
Thanks given by: