Settings don't get stored
Ok, so I installed AC, not long ago, and the first time I opened it I wrote in my nickname, changed the settings. I then started playing. Everything worked perfectly. Then I quit AC using the in-game quit option not the Alt+Tab and then close the command window. Regular quit. When I then wanted to re-open the game the same window popped up. The one at the beginning. This one should only pop-up once, when you open the game for the first time, but for me it opens every time i want to re-open the game.
I asked on IRC and Jack-is told me it may be because AC doesn't have the permission I need because I told him I tried re-installing it and it didn't help.
He told me to try this in the command promt: "cacls C:\Program Files\Assaultcubedir /p Everyone:F" and that didn't help either. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you very much!
Thanks given by:
You would need to edit that command so that the path matches where Assaultcube is actually installed, or use the GUI (rightclick folder > Properties > Security) to set Full Control of the folder for the Everyone group.
Thanks given by:
This happened to me the very first time I installed AC lol. Just make sure your computer account has Administrator privileges - worked for me anyway.
Thanks given by:
It seems like I can't change any permission and there is no permission to be changed on a folder for Everyone group because there isn't an everyone group :S

The problem wasn't in any permissions. It was just my lack of common sense. Before I downloaded the "Regular" one but now I downloaded the "My Directory" one and that fixed the problem. Thank you Jack for your help and sorry for your time.
And thanks Vanquish for the try!
Thanks given by: