AC 1.1 OR AC 1.0.4
(27 Sep 10, 09:19AM)pakit Wrote: yeah i wanna 1.1 release cup too :) please devs :) it can be a good opportunity for players to see that 1.1 IS fun :)

but it isn't.
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 10, 10:08AM)Foo Wrote:
(27 Sep 10, 09:19AM)pakit Wrote: yeah i wanna 1.1 release cup too :) please devs :) it can be a good opportunity for players to see that 1.1 IS fun :)

but it isn't.
Well, I do find 1.1 quite funny to play since I run around like a monkey with that AR and SG, but not as enjoyable as 1.0 in terms of matches... it feels, and is, a different game.
Thanks given by:
<@DES|Bukz> haha
<@DES|Bukz> Giving P@ndel another 2 warning points for flaming gave him a 3 day autoban
<@DES|Bukz> :D

i'm not a fan of pandel, but plz stop ur like kids beating up the strange turkish foreign exchange student.

and with the 1.1 release cup, wait for a weapon balance update before starting one.
Thanks given by:
I had enough of 1.1..its just far from the action that 1.0.4 gave me.
The moments when you cant kill someone standing with your back to you and you waste 1 AR round and he still alive..i mean where the fuck does the bullets go or is the armour that good ??
The SMG is totally useless in good match, and thats the only weapon i like in this game =(
I really did my best to adapt but the fun is not and i really tried to find it.
I come back when some newer version is out and try again.
And i really thought i would never give up but the joy is gone for me, it just became to much of a change.

And what happend to all players ? I almost dont see anyone i know from before ?

I hope next version isnt to far away..but then we have 3 versions running i guess and you never find a mate.
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 10, 09:31PM)Matasar Wrote: I had enough of 1.1..its just far from the action that 1.0.4 gave me.
The moments when you cant kill someone standing with your back to you and you waste 1 AR round and he still alive..i mean where the fuck does the bullets go or is the armour that good ??
The SMG is totally useless in good match, and thats the only weapon i like in this game =(
I really did my best to adapt but the fun is not and i really tried to find it.
I come back when some newer version is out and try again.
And i really thought i would never give up but the joy is gone for me, it just became to much of a change.

And what happend to all players ? I almost dont see anyone i know from before ?

I hope next version isnt to far away..but then we have 3 versions running i guess and you never find a mate.

I agree, the new version is not giving me any satisfaction playing...
Thanks given by:
i believe the 1.0 balance was almost perfect, besides the inaccurate shotgun, short AR clip and huge headshot hitbox.
AR is great at long range in 1.0 if you use it correctly. crema probably spammed the AR into someone from across map and complained it didnt hit. 1.1 AR is ridiculous lol
Thanks given by:
What makes you think that I had anything to do with any changes in 1.1?
The 1.1.03 armor is pretty much like 1.0's, except if you have more than 50, them it start to make a bit of difference, it did make the gameplay faster, much better matches (Thou I'll miss the knife rampage action that the current armor provides)
Thanks given by:
Shoot then knife :)
Thanks given by:
Shoot the knife :)
Thanks given by:
Mind if I post in here after 8 pages of discussion?
I never had .93, I was always in 1.0 and I really dislike 1.1
People say that we should adapt or leave. I guess if that's the mentality, than I'm leaving because I've tried to adapt and it didn't work.
Change isn't always good. I know this will never happens because the secs never want to look back or lose the fruits of the hours they spent working on the game, but dang I wish they would release a newer ac version that went back to 1.0 except with bug fixes.

These problems make 1.1 unenjoyable to me:
Shotgun camping and the over-powerful shotgun. I can't stand playing with shotgun campers. The shotgun is much more luck than skill, with shotgunners shooting and hoping they'll kill and that their target wasn't wearing armor and such.
I never use nades, but I'd much rather play against nade spammers that shotgunners because it's much easier to counteract nade spamming.

I hate the slower pace. The movement doesn't seem as fluid as 1.0.
I'm fine with games like combat arms having a slower pace, but not assault cube.
Why?
Because assault cube maps by nature work best with the faster pace. They don't have the complicated mapmodels and building structures of ca. Also the sprint feature in ca makes it work much better to have a default slower pace. Assault cube makes are blocky, single-story and close-quarters, and I find running around in the faster pace far more fun.

I extremely dislike losing all the awesome custom maps we had before. Mapmaking and playing custom maps was part of the fun of the game. I used to spent much more time making maps than playing. I don't like the lack of those maps at all.
Thanks given by:
Sorry Dragon, but I would have to disagree. For one thing the shotgun is not an easy weapon to master...despite its power. You have to hit 1 good shot. Yes, that sounds easier. But in truth its harder. You have a slower reload time. So if you miss once, and the other guy can handle his SMG or AR, your done. It takes some getting used to, I will agree there. It sure took me awhile. It's like a different game in a lot of aspects. But once you get back in the swing of things....It's on my scaly friend, IT'S ON.

By the way, if you want to go faster....master the rifle sprint ;)

Also: On the custom maps..I agree with you 100%..
Thanks given by:
Well after an intense game of 1.1 against TgS I'd say I have been converted to the True Faith! 1.1 is AWESOME!! It's a whole new game at first, but once you get a feel for it, it's pretty sweet. Still has the same gameplay, still has the same awesomeness, just a different feel. The weapons have been balanced and everything except the grenades are sweet!

Everyone complains about the shotgun, but for shimmy's sake it's a SHOTGUN. Thing deserves a little dignity. Instead of whining why don't you all work around it? It's still easily beaten if anyone's even bothered to learn how.

As someone who changes his mind based on whichever way the wind is blowing... it's time I actually form my own opinion and throwdown. AC is awesome. 1.1 is a great game that just takes a little time to get used to.

Put that 1.0.4 hackgun (sniper-fruits) down and play some AC!!

As for Old AC I like her just as much as New AC! No worries there. Give 1.1 a chance and stop all this leaving crap. It's just a game. If you're that much into a GAME that you have to make some big post saying why you're gonna leave, then yee may need to get some sunlight. Does wonders... Anyhoo...

Play for the fun and the love of AC man.

AssaultCube 1.0.4 / 1.1 FTW FTW FTW!!!
Thanks given by:
I don't think you understood what I was saying - i don't have a problem with people who simply use shotgun as their primary weapon, it's the campers who hide in corners trying to pick off enemies every now and then who bug me. I've used the shotgun myself in me past. Ive played with the top shotgun players like alberich and millertime and I have lots of fun playing them. I've tried out all the weapone for a while at one time or another and I can do fine with any. But shotgun camping is a real problem.
And I would ask, please don't automatically classify me as a whiner because I disagree with you.

Feel free to play and love the new assault cube. I'm just explaining why, to me, it isn't nearly as excellent of a game. And if the general sentiment is going to be love it or leave it, I'd rather leave.
The shotgun is overpowerful. The weapons are unbalanced. The slower speed and pace doesn't work with ac maps. A lot of the maps I like are gone and mapmaking is less fun now.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Morgan, I also like 1.1. I don't think it's really "another game". Sure, it was really hard in the beginning, but when you have played for a while you get the hang of it. I think I've actually gotten a better aim since I started playing 1.1.
So, 1.1 FTW! The only problem I see is that there's too few people playing 1.1. :)
Thanks given by:
ok. One thing, I am a person that adapts to anything so what I'm saying is why are people so attached to 1.0.4, I mean if your really annoyed with a shotgun get used to making a plan with them. The most simple thing to do is go backwards and shoot. I mean in 1.0.4 lots of people complained about the sniper. TBH a shotgun is a shotgun. In real life it can blow you up from 30ft away so stop complaining about it and as I said, use a strategy. As for shotgun camping. If you get killed once, simply use a shotgun and go in there and kill him *WOW* what a plan.

I just don't get everyone complaining, just get used to it. If you complain use the weapon. WHAT A SOLUTION. Just it's a game. I hate people that worry about there KD, it is *JUST* a game.
Thanks given by:
And I would ask, please don't automatically classify me as a whiner because I disagree with you.

Technically I was the one disagreeing with you. I was actually encompassing all who've bitched and moaned, not just you. Because you go and make a big post saying why you're leaving, all like "Well gee, this stinks, and that stinks, and yadda yadda yadda." On top of which I'm like... "Who is this guy again?" Shotgun campers still have to aim and pull the trigger. It's better than nade campers amirite? So why don't we take what we got and make the best of it. Obviously you haven't been around long enough to make the friends that are the real reason people stay, and instead are content to bemoan the game. Ah well. I may not be as Gamer learned as many people, because for me AssaultCube is THE game. As far as I'm concerned it's AC or nothing.

Do you hang out in IRCs? It's where the AC World meets, whips out awesomeness, dives into the realm of insanity, and takes trips to the netherworld. If I had your view of things I would have been gone when 1.0 came out. Alas I stuck it through and can say I'm glad I did. Even though the smg was nerfed, the sniper turned into a hackcracker, and the shotgun lost some of it's BOOMBITCH skills. I would have missed out on a whole lot of crazy shit that's happened since then. I ask you to give it another chance. Try not to think of 1.1 as a continuation of AC, but as AC reincarnated. Throw away what you think you know and start fresh. Took me awhile, but now that I've finally found competitive play on 1.1 with shimmies such as TgS, who's leader btw made them play it in order to get super good, I have reevaluated things. Think of 1.1 as a version of AC that you suck at. There is an AC that YOU SUCK AT! It's about honor. Demand BEASTLINESS and THROWDOWN on that SHIMMY!! If you fight for honor, you will not like it at first, but overtime you will come to truly enjoy 1.1.

I'd say love but that's reserved for AssaultCube in general.

Peace out shimmy. Give her a shot. She won't let ya down. :)
Thanks given by:
Same here, AC is the only online game that ever liked (apart from some Doom LAN games on the university lab, back in the day). So, some changes that in not thrilled about it, will not gonna make me quit and besides, like ma man shimma already said, its only a matter of time for one to get the hang of 1.1.
Some very good 1.0 players were plain horrible the first couple of times they tried 1.1 out and the ones that instead of whining and throwing the "this sux, I'm done" fits, stuck around and played are now doing just fine, I can tell from experience, caus I did sux bad when I played in the SVN phase and now I'm back to my old glorious ownage days, same with lots of other players.
Godsmack for instance, truly horrible a few weeks ago (sorry Jeffman, but it is true :P) he stood firm through out his 1.1 noob phase and in the past few days we had some fun games together and the man is mowing peps down with his AR, same happened with most of my clan mates, now they just sux on the level they used to in 1.0, no more, no less!

So, if you dudes wanna quit, so be it: Adios I say. But is one lame thing to do...
Thanks given by:
i play other games now , like Urbanterror, cube2 because theyre funny , and 1.1 isnt funny
Thanks given by:
I'm only giving my opinion for everyone to discuss. I feel like anyone who tries to explain the issues they see with 1.1 are, for some reason, automatically under attack from the 1.1 apologists. Does listing off some problems with the new version for discussion really cause such a problem?

My issue is that I see people blindly say that we should accept 1.1 as what we've got as an excuse to ignore legitimate issues. The slower pace doesn't work well in assault cube, many awesome maps are missing, and some weapons are disproportionally powerful.

I've given 1.1 quite a few tries and will probably keep trying for a while but I'd really like to see at least some thought being given to issues like this. I understand maybe the devs have different opinions about what is an imprmovement and what makes it good, but I think that their efforts to effect more strategy-based playing will backfire and aren't good ideas.

I write long posts because I like assault cube, I just think the new version has problems.
Thanks given by:
Well if you want weapon balance. YOU WOULD HATE THE GAME. A shotgun can shoot 30ft and blow your arm off. If you want realsim get a sniper and shoot someone once and they will die. IF you want to be dead in 3 bullets from a SMG, go play real life LOL.

This game is not realistic. I mean NADE JUMPING, wtf lol.
If you were within 10 meteres of a real one you would die on the spot :P

(this is just me joking round)
Thanks given by:
you like AC?

stop this division,half players on 1.1 and half on 1.0....

now it's just so hard to find a server full of good players (my ratio on ladders are just flying to the sky cause of this,not my real level),so a big part of fun on public is lost :s lot of easy frag and flags :s

it's so hard too to find a good clan match to play because of this division.

AC is loosing something in this momment.

so if you REALLY love or loved this game,accept 1.1 cancel 1.0.4 and help devs by constructiv POV ;)

i agree that 1.1 is not perfect for me,but it can't be perfect for everyone.

Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 09:44PM)pakit Wrote: you like AC?

stop this division,half players on 1.1 and half on 1.0....

now it's just so hard to find a server full of good players (my ratio on ladders are just flying to the sky cause of this,not my real level),so a big part of fun on public is lost :s lot of easy frag and flags :s

it's so hard too to find a good clan match to play because of this division.

AC is loosing something in this momment.

so if you REALLY love or loved this game,accept 1.1 cancel 1.0.4 and help devs by constructiv POV ;)

i agree that 1.1 is not perfect for me,but it can't be perfect for everyone.
lol'd
Thanks given by:
To 1.0.4-ers:
Wow. It's a game. This is like WoW players saying they're going to leave because of something Blizzard does. No, they wont. Haha. And they pay MONEY for that. In case you haven't noticed, this is pretty inexpensive, considering it's FREE.
Accept the new version, play the old one for as long as you can, leave; I don't care. But stop making idle threats. If you really do leave, it won't matter. You aren't the only one(s) who plays this game.

/exasperated at OSS drama like BloodFrontier

EDIT: P.S. If you don't like the new version, make a better game. I bet you never will.
Thanks given by:
@DEKiMA
if you pay for it, you are consumer, if you are here you are a part of it. IF you are part of it, everyone care if you stay. If you don't care about them, you shouldn't post. The world doesn't end with this thread and everyone can give a feedback. You haven't told us yet why you prefer 1.1 version but you already offense these who likes 1.04. You should leave us, whoever you are because you split us.
Thanks given by:
*wonders in, decides to give option, no matter how worthless..*

1) Legion of cheaters
give admin out to more players, train them if you have to, give players admin on all servers, but 1 admin password PER player
this way you can take admin from only 1 admin if needed,

( i dont know enough to say this is possible so if its a bad idea ignore me like always :P)

2) Nade spammers (guys that think grenade is a primary weapon)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28gaming%29

that is NOT the definition of nade spam, nade spam is repetitively doing the same action over and over again

(shall we say more then 4 or maybe even 6 times in 1.0 *per enemy unit killed* this way its gone past trying to kill someone you think is there and into the nuke it and hope for the best)

4) Unfair weapon balance (basically there are only two primary: SMG and SNIPER)
the HMG is still the better at long range combat with a SMG, also a HMG beats a sniper if he misses you, SMG is the best weapon in many cases but it is also the best weapon in this kind of situation in real life

(sites the 6 day war where Uzi sub-machine gun beat AK-47 Assault rifle as they charged the heavily fortified Golan Heights)

and il personally take a shotgun over a sniper at a close range, a sniper for a long one, depends on the map

5) LSS bugs (nades between rounds)
REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD JOB!! thank you so much for fixing that!!! <3 you devs!

6) Weird lag maps (HeadShot City, TwinTowers...)
again, fun once or twice, but utterly noob maps, good job in those cases, but what about Apollo_desertcity?

7) Vote abuse (kick without reason)
humm i think 1.1. was a step in the right direction on this but i dont see a way to fix it competently, now people vote things like "hes insulting me all the time and i really hate him", i dont consider this solved yet, but its a really good step in the right direction

8) Chat/voice spam
maybe impose a limit of 5 a min?
(if you have done something this i have not noticed but good job!!)

_______1.1______
1) One extra weapon
yea...its almost useless against armor, which is now everywhere. still a great weapon to kill people in their spawns with.

2) More value given to tactics (stronger armor, less nade spamming...)

humm....what about the aim of a nader like me? i DO NOT spam unless i have like 4 hp, and thats purely to be used to the same effect as a smoke screen, and this is only if there is no way to get to HP, which is rare.

however i now agree with the upgrades in the armor it makes players MUCH more mobile, i originally thought this was bad, WAY WRONG. Good call on that.

3) More weapon balance (it is not perfect yet, but it is far better than 1.0)
the SMG is now useless and the HMG is great, not a big change there,

the shotgun OFFICIALLY ROCKS MY WORLD,
the sniper carbine....there are both now about the same if you get a headshot a lot go with sniper, if you get a hit a lot (but not a headshot) go with carbine, the drawback is armor, but it just serves as a great camp weapon near their spawn before they get armor

4) Extra voice coms
ok, i love it :P "AWESOME"

5) Defenders and covers are being rewarded now
i dont quite get the "you coved the flag" yet do i get points for that?

6) Less bugs
no comments, never had issues myself

7) Less weird maps
for now, in 4 weeks we will see...

8) Less lag
i get more lag in 1.1 to be honest.

9) Less cheaters
playing the Hi-skill serves, they are mostly very well moderated, Ty Woop clan,

10) you can now shift IN AIR!!!!!
small things like this ARE SOOO COOL,

1.1 & 1.0 both FTW, it seems to me its really just what you care about the most, to each his own, to me both.

playing 1.1 is great way to work on your aim, a week in there and i pull of head shots left and right in 1.0 i shall play both games, to me it is 2 separate games however each one helps you with something in the other

*special thanks to Brahma for his list__(thank you very much ^^)
*even more thanks goes to the best most dedicated team of devs a player could ask for we love you guys :P

-have fun happy fragging all :P
*SMG*
sorry for the text wall ^.^
Thanks given by:
Quote:4) Unfair weapon balance (basically there are only two primary: SMG and SNIPER)
the HMG is still the better at long range combat with a SMG, also a HMG beats a sniper if he misses you, SMG is the best weapon in many cases but it is also the best weapon in this kind of situation in real life
What the hell is a HMG?

Quote:1) One extra weapon
yea...its almost useless against armor, which is now everywhere.
Carbine being useless against armor? You've got to be kidding, bro. Three shots with carbine against a 100/100 player and you kill him.

Quote:still a great weapon to kill people in their spawns with..
That's exceedingly irritating, and cheap; particularly when done three or more times.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 10:53PM)Alien Wrote: @DEKiMA
if you pay for it, you are consumer, if you are here you are a part of it. IF you are part of it, everyone care if you stay. If you don't care about them, you shouldn't post. The world doesn't end with this thread and everyone can give a feedback. You haven't told us yet why you prefer 1.1 version but you already offense these who likes 1.04. You should leave us, whoever you are because you split us.

Lol no. I don't prefer either version. And I guarantee that most players who leave will not be missed. Most don't even know anything about it other than the fact that they play it. And I didn't split you, haha. I didn't even have an account on these forums when 1.1 came out, and the split happened with people like you and our friend P@ndel.
Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 10, 12:56AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
Quote:4) Unfair weapon balance (basically there are only two primary: SMG and SNIPER)
What the hell is a HMG?

-The MTP-57 Assault rifle, i call its HMG for short, i seen it called that a lot.

Quote:1) One extra weapon
yea...its almost useless against armor, which is now everywhere.
Carbine being useless against armor? You've got to be kidding, bro. Three shots with carbine against a 100/100 player and you kill him.

-3 shots, yes, but by then a lot of times you can be dead, try killing maybe millertime with it at a close range

Quote:still a great weapon to kill people in their spawns with..
That's exceedingly irritating, and cheap; particularly when done three or more times.

-i agree completely, thats why i dislike it, its best if you use it that way, for example shine, site and camp the long center path, i have seen that done a lot

Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 08:14AM)MorganKell Wrote: Everyone complains about the shotgun, but for shimmy's sake it's a SHOTGUN. Thing deserves a little dignity. Instead of whining why don't you all work around it? It's still easily beaten if anyone's even bothered to learn how.
The only way to "work around" a Shotgun in short/mid-range maps is by having a Shotgun. That doesn't really address the issue -_-
Shotgun absolutely did not need an increased range, that's supposed to be it's (only) weakness.
Thanks given by:
As I've said before, there are only two types of things people are talking about and calling "problems:"
1) Bugs, glitches, exploits, etc. -- game behavior that the devs did not intend.
2) Weapon balance, armor values, etc. -- game behavior that the devs put a lot of thought into and carefully coded into the new version of the game.

Can you see why it would be considered rude or selfish to refer to items under group 2 as "problems?" Those things are a matter of preference. To many (especially the devs), they are improvements. To others who disapprove of them, the changes are not so great. This is the logic behind people encouraging others to leave -- what they mean to say is, "what you are complaining about is an intentional part of this game now, and if it bothers you enough, you ought to find a game that does not bother you."
As far as user input goes, there is always a place where you can submit (constructive and specific) ideas for the next version.
Thanks given by: