Oak Creek Shooting
Another shooting has happened, this time in Wisconsin at a Holy Site. It happened at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, which is near Milwaukee.

"Another person on the scene told Patch that shortly before noon that there were three or four people inside the temple with guns. That person described the shooting as "a hate crime.""

"According to recent information broadcast over police radio, a witness to the shooting told law enforcement the shooter was a white male, with a heavy build, bald head and wearing a sleeveless T-shirt. He was last seen with two handguns."

"Sikh Indians, because of religious tradition, wear turbans to cover their uncut hair and have longer beards. They are often mistaken for Muslims and have been the targets of racially-motivated crimes by anti-Muslim people and groups, as evidenced by the epithets shouted at them."

http://oakcreek.patch.com/articles/sever...ikh-temple

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wiscons...index.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05...lp00000009

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/repor...59506.html

I find this sickening. It seems to me that this was a hate crime. We need better protection against people with guns.
Thanks given by:
Some guy just got shot to death on the street next to mine.
Ban guns.
Thanks given by:
Morons. You need better protection against morons. Hang the stupid fkers and they'll get the point.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 12, 10:05PM)MorganKell Wrote: Morons. You need better protection against morons. Hang the stupid fkers and they'll get the point.

Doesn't work for guys who kill themselves after the rampage. They don't fear death >.>
Thanks given by:
We have to focus the root of the problem, this has been happening since the beginning of the time.
As I see it, we have already developed the tools to erase all the bad from this world, we are living an era of scientific discoveries that go beyond imagination.
For instance, we could harvest enough planet resources to feed the people all over our planet; give comfortable housing to each and any of us; implement a satisfactory social network that gives a position to everyone, based on scientific principles; rule out judgmental things as race or religion; focus on childhood positive development...
Because we have the technology to build the machines to help us to achieve this all over the world. And we can do it minimizing the impact on our beloved planet earth.
But nowadays people are afraid to take risks, as we live in a society that condemns real social interaction, and promotes roles that are aberrations, built on purpose to maintain a high political class and a on-going economic oppression.
We have the power to change, we need something to happen that will open our eyes beyond what has been built around us.
Call it breaking the matrix, call it the 2nd advent of Isa, or call it a revolution.
But if nothing is to occur, what comes is a nuclear holocaust that will take the life of every existing being on this planet. Maybe not soon, but eventually it is bound to happen.
/endrant
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 02:59AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: ...
I cant even begin to imagine what it would be like to shoot someone IRL. The fear, The anger, Even the regret.

EDIT: And what dumb people mistake sikhs for muslims? Honestly.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 09:16AM)MykeGregory Wrote:
Thanks Myke, I heard about this speech before, never had seen it though, its awesome!
Anyway, thinking that this was made more than 70 years ago gives me the creeps, as little has changed...
Thanks given by:
MykeGregory Wrote:EDIT: And what dumb people mistake sikhs for muslims? Honestly.
Well they come roughly from the same area of the world (middle east and India), so even though you CAN tell them apart if you know what each looks like, it's not quite obvious to some people. Some Muslims wear turbans sometimes anyway. And quite honestly, nowadays when a typical American sees a man that has Middle Eastern features they will instantly think they are Muslims, so ye.
Thanks given by:
Baseless hate on a group of people that didn't do anything to that person. All to common these days.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 06:29PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
MykeGregory Wrote:EDIT: And what dumb people mistake sikhs for muslims? Honestly.
Well they come roughly from the same area of the world (middle east and India)
Ohgodwhy.jpg - Reminds me of that whole "India in ACWC team Middle East"
Sadly enough, it's rather common. After 9/11 many Sikhs were targeted, mistakenly viewed as Muslims...
Edit:
Apparently the perp was an army veteran. Well that's somewhat ironic.
Thanks given by:
@ JK I understand how you could feel this way. However if you ban guns.... Only criminals will have guns (and the police / mil.)

@ paulmuaddibKA Are you talking about Eugenics?
That my friend is a slippery slope. We are already heading toward Nazi eugenics

Perhaps we need to just start over on another planet?

[Image: nY8S7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anything imaginable could work, I guess eugenics too, but I wouldn´t know the point.
But the stupid article in wikipedia seems written by an ass, so I didn´t get a damn thing.
For what I gather, it talks about genetic development, but for me, we as human beings, have gone beyond genetic evolution.
Now we must develop our conscience, and that is what will affect our genes, we are not longer linked to nature, but have been given the power to surpass its limits.
Would that force be going towards positive attitudes associated with known ways of economic social interaction, based in teachings, writings, programs, projects; developed by people proven to be pure in intentions, and not consumed by selfish ambitions, a huge improvement would be bound to happen, and the world as we know it would be a happy place to live in for EVERY HUMAN BEING.
But nowadays people complaint but still have their Nike shoes, drive their Ford car, use their Mastercard and wipe their ass with Kleenex...
The stupidity of having to choose a brand still amazes me. Why are there different types of everyday objects? A hammer is a fucking hammer!
I only understand specialization when regarding sports or forced by work nature, but for everyday appliances? Different microwaves? WTF! One appliance of each, universal, should, would, could and DOES suffice and work without failure for every need in our planet.
The shit is totally crazy, and we are to blame.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 12, 02:07AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Anything imaginable could work, I guess eugenics too, but I wouldn´t know the point.
But the stupid article in wikipedia seems written by an ass, so I didn´t get a damn thing.
For what I gather, it talks about genetic development, but for me, we as human beings, have gone beyond genetic evolution.
Now we must develop our conscience, and that is what will affect our genes, we are not longer linked to nature, but have been given the power to surpass its limits.
Would that force be going towards positive attitudes associated with known ways of economic social interaction, based in teachings, writings, programs, projects; developed by people proven to be pure in intentions, and not consumed by selfish ambitions, a huge improvement would be bound to happen, and the world as we know it would be a happy place to live in for EVERY HUMAN BEING...

New evolutionary paradigm?
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 12, 09:54AM)MykeGregory Wrote: New evolutionary paradigm?
WTF did I just watch?
Keep sharing mah friend, I like this videos XD
Thanks given by:
Both articles are in engli.....

fuck it.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 12, 04:09PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: WTF did I just watch?
Keep sharing mah friend, I like this videos XD
It was an excerpt from the moie Waking Life by Richard Linklater.
Which is EPIC!
Thanks given by: