Mapping Error
Ive always wondered why this always happens :/. I'll use my latest map as an example:
So i make a map:
[Image: difoL.jpg]
Then when i save it and load it again:
[Image: bUitv.jpg]

Assaultcube Y U DO This?
Thanks given by:
Fixed in SVN iirc. Felix knows the most about it afaik. I think it is a map file format failure. If you select all cubes in a 1 cube radius around your trouble cube shape, change that to a different texture and save, and then change all the textures to the ones you want and save again it might work.
Thanks given by:
Yes, this is caused by one of the map optimization routines in AC that is called when you save the map. These aren't designed to be a problem but to compress the data by ignoring unneeded cube information.

The texture optimization makes a bad call by trying to assign adjacent cubes' textures to be equal... even if they are not the same type, which is typically the case (heightfields + other type)

The method Ron suggested will work in a lot of cases, but in the case in your screenshot, or if the heightfields are next to a solid, you'll have to do it in SVN (patched in SVN) Unfortunately, since this optimization is done every time you save, you will have to make sure you have made the final changes and never re-save the map in 1.1.0.4, because the texture changes are [b]not[/i] undo-able.

Alternatively, I have had a custom 1.1.0.4 client for mapping. It has bug fixes, SVN mapping features, and powerful features of my own (that may be official once I release them)

I would enjoy the feedback of an accomplished mapper such as you to test it out for me :)
Thanks given by:
I knew it had something to do with the surrounding cubes,but yeah I would love to try your mapping client.
Thanks given by: