Golden smg
Here is the link and plus itll give a preveiw

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ma4bn9mn0hhd2o8

[img][Image: 935Wt.jpg][/img]

i might release the purple hands skin too ilol think about it
Thanks given by:
So you're just going to taunt us by telling us you have a golden SMG, but not sharing with all of us?
It's more helpful if you include the screenshots and download in your original post.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 11:41PM)brutalnate Wrote: message me if you want it[Image: photo?photoid=160593007]

right click and click open in a new tab if it doesnt appear
That doesnt work either!
I suggest using imgur, pretty easy to use and no registration!
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 11:54PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: So you're just going to taunt us by telling us you have a golden SMG, but not sharing with all of us?
It's more helpful if you include the screenshots and download in your original post.
Thanks given by:
ah sorry if you felt offended I was only joking.
But yeah, what muaddibka said - imgur is helpful.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 02:55AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ah sorry if you felt offended I was only joking.
But yeah, what muaddibka said - imgur is helpful.

do you like it though
Thanks given by:
It looks great, why not try to post a picture of it in game so people see if they like it or not before actually downloading it?
Remember if you press F12 in game a screenshot will be stored in your Assault Cube Screenshot folder, XD
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 03:04AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: It looks great, why not try to post a picture of it in game so people see if they like it or not before actually downloading it?
Remember if you press F12 in game a screenshot will be stored in your Assault Cube Screenshot folder, XD

updated thanks for the link to that image place
Thanks given by:
The golden part looks similar to [911]'s mega pack on the Vault, but this one was completely covering the gun. Not bad i must say.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 11:41PM)brutalnate Wrote: Here is the link and plus itll give a preveiw

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ma4bn9mn0hhd2o8

[img][Image: 935Wt.jpg][/img]

i might release the purple hands skin too ill think about it

this was acidental and it wont let me delete

(18 Jul 12, 03:07AM)Link Wrote: The golden part looks similar to [911]'s mega pack on the Vault, but this one was completely covering the gun. Not bad i must say.

thanks
Thanks given by:
Nice work :). I'll admit, however, that it does look like something I've seen before (that 911 or whatever rings a bell).
Thanks given by:
"I knew it would awesome, and it is!"
The Man with the Golden SMG, XD
Thanks given by:
Looks like all you did was open the image in photoshop, and put a gold layer over the top and changed the opacity.
Thanks given by:
Or messed with the color balance.
Thanks given by:
^ Exactly what I was thinking. I suppose everyone starts from somewhere, though.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 04:29AM)Takkunen Wrote: Looks like all you did was open the image in photoshop, and put a gold layer over the top and changed the opacity.

I used GIMP 2.2.8 or something yes it is a basic skin and what is this 911 thing that shadow said

(18 Jul 12, 01:12PM)brutalnate Wrote:
(18 Jul 12, 04:29AM)Takkunen Wrote: Looks like all you did was open the image in photoshop, and put a gold layer over the top and changed the opacity.

I used GIMP 2.2.8 or something yes it is a basic skin and what is this 911 thing that shadow said

Oh the 911 pack (thx link) whats similar to that
Thanks given by:
http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...t=911#p601
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 02:30PM)Takkunen Wrote: http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...t=911#p601

oh well i didn't know there was a mod with goldish skins sorry do you want me to take it down
Thanks given by:
No need to take it down, just try out different camos/colours and try only putting it on specific parts of the gun.
Thanks given by:

You took the words out of my mouth.

( i wanted to say +1 but then some peeps will be sayin rule 19, so i choosed something more elaborated , so that it is less obvious)
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 10:53PM)Mystered Wrote: ( i wanted to say +1 but then some peeps will be sayin rule 19, so i choosed something more elaborated , so that it is less obvious)

If you didn't throw that in there I don't think anyone would have given your post a second thought. :P

On with the topic:

I will admit, it's pretty obvious you just put the whole default skin through a filter and didn't bother doing much else. As a result, it makes your gun look very... flat in-game. I'd suggest tweaking the levels a bit, or at least using a filter that doesn't mess the original skin's too much. It might even look more realistic if you could add a bit of a "shimmer" to it somehow, but that might take some work to get right.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 11:36PM)VenteX Wrote:
(18 Jul 12, 10:53PM)Mystered Wrote: ( i wanted to say +1 but then some peeps will be sayin rule 19, so i choosed something more elaborated , so that it is less obvious)

If you didn't throw that in there I don't think anyone would have given your post a second thought. :P

On with the topic:

I will admit, it's pretty obvious you just put the whole default skin through a filter and didn't bother doing much else. As a result, it makes your gun look very... flat in-game. I'd suggest tweaking the levels a bit, or at least using a filter that doesn't mess the original skin's too much. It might even look more realistic if you could add a bit of a "shimmer" to it somehow, but that might take some work to get right.

i never said i did anything dramatic so you arent saying anything thats new. I'm new to making skins and at least i wanted to share because some people actually wanted it. Sorry for putting it in a filter, and maybe next time i wont dissapoint
Thanks given by:
this mod has been up in akimbo for idk 2 years??
Thanks given by:
Such a bad reception for some one trying to create a new skin. Give the guy a break, I'm sure he's looking for suggestions not how a similar mod has already been released. (Which by the way, is different. This is solid gold, where the other isn't.)

I've got some suggestions you can work on for your next modification. If your gold texture is layered above it, you can try creating a following layer below it, including white lines (that are blurred with a high pixel spread) so you can create the element of light. You may also want to define the segments of the texture. You can see at the back of the SMG, it has a ring which you could make a brighter gold. Similar with the tip of the bit that sticks out. (I've forgot what its called.)

[Image: pewpew.jpg]

Here's a basic idea. I created a matte skin for both the SMG & sniper. It ended up looking far too flat, so I erased certain 'dented' areas at a low opacity, so the default texture runs through. When you overlay an image, you remove a lot of the detail from the default texture, so you want to go around them and make them stand out a bit more.

Keep up with your modding. :)
Thanks given by:
Hahaha Snoosnoo you make me want to start modding, XD
Thanks given by:
I agree with snoosnoo.
Brutalnate, you obviously have some knowledge of modding (better than most of us), so I think from here you can begin experimenting some more to make even better/unique ones :).
Thanks given by:
My GIMP is broken now i cant try a new skin until i fix it
Thanks given by:
You can try Paint.net
Uses .net framework and does less stuff :/
But it's more stable and its UI is more organized.
Thanks given by:
How exactly did you manage to "break" GIMP?
Edit > Preferences > Reset might help.
Thanks given by:
Would this be a good example of a gold smg?
Thanks given by: