Please, have a listen
My band recorded our very first demo few months back. We now decided to upload it even though it's not the final mix. Any constructive critism is appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/felonyofficial

Also, if you have Facebook check out www.facebook.com/FelonyOfficial
Thanks given by:
Music sounds pretty good, not the singer. Just my opinion, i dislike this kind of screaming-orc singers
Thanks given by:
:D Thanks for the feedback. It's not actually screaming, it's a fry chord technique.
Thanks given by:
I like it, specially the "All Made As On" track. Good riffs, great solos, and i like the vocalist. 2:52 to 3:00 of the track mentioned is very nice.
Would like to see more.
Thanks given by:
Nice. The vocals were a bit unusual when I first listened, but that didn't put me off. Victims of Own Kind felt a bit repetitive but I enjoyed them both, got my head bobbing :>

btw: What do you play?
Thanks given by:
I play guitar.
Thanks given by:
I remember when you sent these to me via skype :D

sounds good, you should consider booking some studio time to get these recorded in better quality because they'd sound even better then :P
Thanks given by:
Pweaks you were taught to play guitar by a famous Finnish death metaller yes? I think I remember talking to you about that on a map you made.

The music is 'pro' sounding. Im not so much into metal now but I can hear that the guitar and drum work are quality. Vocals seem slightly out of place, I don't think the technique you mentioned works. Sounds a bit like a poor Dani Filth in places, but obviously better than Dani Filth nowadays. Your vocalist should stick to the low pitched vocals imo or use a different method for the shrieks and then you guys really have something going. As I say though I'm not into metal and particularly not death metal at all now, so perhaps the kind of vocals your singer uses are what most people will like.

From a songwriting song point I like how the drums aren't just bang bang bang bang bang all the way through which I always hated listening to metal, how boring is that? Perhaps melodic sections would work well although that might sound wimpy or it mightn't fit that kind of music.
Thanks given by:
This aint my kind of music, but after listening the two tracks, I can say I really dont like this kind of music, XD. Lol jk.
I am a n00b musician with 0 music ability, Ill try to sum up my "feelings":
Pros: Really impressive tunes, permeates you guys enjoying the recording sessions, nice instruments...
Cons: Some audio overlaps or has different outputs, cant understand shit, the voice reminds me of a terror movie...
Thanks given by:
I'll quote you, Paul. "I am a n00b musician with 0 music ability", but music is pretty much the only thing in life I truly enjoy. "Victims of Own Kind" is the kind of song I'd listen to at 2am and feel the excruciating need to dance in a very weird way, allowing a bunch of headbanging even if I'm sleepy as hell... Good job. Both tracks sound really good in my opinion.

(Please gimme free download when they're done)
Thanks given by:
Nice man. Some of the mixing could be better. Maybe if the vocals were a little less muddy and higher in the mix it would help it come out better. Also, consider recording (and playing) to a click track when you record. Especially at the beginning of the first tune there was a noticeable jump and then later in the tune it slows down again. I like the use of metric modulation and the musical ideas are well formed and well executed for the style. Just mix it a bit better and maybe tighten up some of the weak spots tempo wise and it'd be even more solid than it already is.
Thanks given by:
Thanks alot for the feedback! @Waffles: The guy who was mixing, wasn't experienced with metal. We're hoping to get the final mix asap.

@Hellspell: I don't know what you are talking about :D

We are working on new songs and I can tell you that each one is a little bit "mature" sounding compared to previous one.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion the singer is good, I like what he does. The drums are a little messy when it comes to transition (if that's the right word). In the second song I have the feeling that the vocal lines don't really match the song and are a bit boring. The song itself is a bit boring imo. And yes with a decent mixing it would sound better. I really enjoyed Victims of Own Kind anyway, good song.
Thanks given by:
Finland ftw \o/.
Thanks given by:
Vocals are pretty awesome for that type of singing.
I would add some folkish Ensiferum parts to the mix:D
Thanks given by:
Not bad :).
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 01:21PM)pweaks Wrote: ...it's a fry chord technique.
TEACH MEE!!!!
PLEASE!!!??!?

Been trying to learn it for the past week now and getting nowhere. lol.
Thanks given by:
I think you can find some instructional videos from Youtube.
Thanks given by: