Bring back the spawn killeurs
I used to be an AssaultCuber like you, but then I took a what to the fuck.

A long while ago but still vivid in my memory I was casually playing on SMALL_ASS_CHAMBER, as you do, and after many, many rounds of weeping and gnashing of teeth my nouse shone through and I won a round. I was going 0:12, but I knew that if you hold down the shift key people generally never see you. Hell, I didn't even get the final kill, the two at the top turned into chunks of meat in synchronisation before my very eyes.
I was admittedly, playing bloody awful unluckily.
But I knew, with this packed server, in a flash I could go top of the scoreboard. Here was my hard-earned chance.

All I gotta do is wait, I thought, as the numbers came up on the screen:
"5, 4..."
They were descending ever slower now:
"3... 2........."
By this time sweat was dripping down my brow, I pulled the pin. Was it too early? I panicked more still.
"... 1 ...."
Only time will tell I conceded, there was nothing I could do now.

There was a slight lag. My hands covered my face but I had to know, I needed to find out. I peeked through my fingers.
BANG

'You suicided'

Bugger. I was too early. It's not even correct grammar anyway, ffs.
But I couldn't spawn. I had died in the new round, my detective skills learned from BBC's Sherlock Holmes series allowed me to conclude. It must be lag; any second now and all these people jumping up and down and the guy who appeared to be in edit mode will die, and I'll get some interesting if abusive reactions.
But it never happened.

And as much as I'd like to continue showcasing my literary abilities and write a fitting conclusion, I've become bored.
Who thinks spawn killing, the true joy of Last Swiss Standing should be reimplemented?
Thanks given by:
I never had the chance to live through it, but I Thank you for this enjoyable ride!
* paulmuaddibKA wants more
Thanks given by:
No. There are maps out there(albeit custom and typically low quality) that have no spawns or only one spawn. The winning player need only throw one grenade to kill everyone each round and win over and over.

It was funny when it was possible but it's frustrating when your opponent wins a match because of it. You can say it's not allowed but you will always have idiots that think just because it's possible it's reasonable to use.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 12, 11:48PM)Mael Wrote: There are maps out there that have no spawns or only one spawn.

Simples.
1. Avoid playing maps like these if possible
2. Don't rage if you're not the best at xxX_x_X_!SuRp3rTowerz457725
:D

(28 May 12, 11:48PM)Mael Wrote: your opponent wins a match because of it.

Say you're playing 1v1 douze, I don't think your opponent would gain any great advantage if they got a lucky spawn gib. Also seeing as how there are 25 spawns and you must be at one of them as well, they're not very likely to gib anyone if not themselves.

Though I wouldn't really know, I never played with it :(
Thanks given by:
I remember that map... *shudders*
I hated it. Because i acctually LIKE to walk around and not die every 1/2 a second xD
Thanks given by:
(29 May 12, 08:18AM)MykeGregory Wrote: I remember that map... *shudders*
I hated it. Because i acctually LIKE to walk around and not die every 1/2 a second xD
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks given by:
(29 May 12, 12:21AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Simples.
1. Avoid playing maps like these if possible

Why is this always the go-to response when there is an obvious glitch or problem? Of course I can choose not to play those maps but avoiding an acknowledged glitch by choice instead of fixing it is a damn stupid way to develop anything.

Quick switch is an example of another glitch that provided an advantage(albeit much more valuable than spawn killing) but could be avoided by choice. Guess what happened to quick switch? It was fixed. As it should have been.
Thanks given by:
It was an advantage but I never thought it was an unfair one. It was more of a privilege you earned by playing well. Besides, it was really only a significant advantage when everyone spawned in a confined area and on those maps that was the entire reason people played them, hence they've become a rarity to see now.

(28 May 12, 10:36PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I never had the chance to live through it, but I Thank you for this enjoyable ride!
* paulmuaddibKA wants more
You're welcome. There's still a chance if anyone organises a 1.0.4 party. It really was something to gib an entire 20 player server multiple times and get over 300 frags in a match (although none of them were frags) which I did manage once.
Thanks given by:
You can still nade spam at end of round and get an insta kill in the next round, I believe...
Thanks given by:
@Hellspell, sure brah, anything, anytime!
(29 May 12, 06:16PM)Bullpup Wrote: You can still nade spam at end of round and get an insta kill in the next round, I believe...
I think I have fragged myself two or three times, but never managed to get another player, :(
Thanks given by:
lol^
just the tip: be in enemy spawn at end of round.
Thanks given by:
(31 May 12, 12:51AM)Bullpup Wrote: lol^
just the tip: be in enemy spawn at end of round.

lol^ another tip : in this version LSS is only FFA
Thanks given by: