How to start it in Windowed mode?
I'm trying to start it in windowed mode because when I start the game, I just get a black screen. I assume there's some permissions or whatever else is needed to run the game on Windows 7, but I can't get out of that black fullscreen, so I need it to run in windowed mode first. Is there a config file I can edit to run it in window mode?
Thanks given by:
Not sure how it works with Windows and i don't think it will fix your problem but i (Mac) can change it in the Assaultcube Launcher, if you can't then you can put this in you autoexec.cfg:
scr_w 840
scr_h 524
(change it to whatever size you want)
Thanks given by:
in autoexec, you can put "fullscreen 0"

Or in your commandline, put "-t"
Thanks given by:
I set fullscreen 0 in the autoexec.cfg of the config folder, but I still get a black fullscreen. Where do I place the commandline "-t"? In the shortcut or do I edit the assaultcube.bat file? There is an option in Assault Cube settings itself for window mode, right? Where can I find that setting to change it?
Thanks given by:
add -t in your assaultcube.bat file, just before all of the "%1 %2 %3 %4 %5" (meaning it would look something like "--init -t %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" (--init given for context)
Thanks given by:
Thanks, that partly did it. I had to set ac_client.exe to run as admin in order to get it working right. Thanks for your help.
Thanks given by:
Huh, what? That shouldn't be necessary, it shouldn't make a difference, and above all it's a bad idea with relation to security.
Thanks given by:
I believe UAC (user account control) present in vista/7 are to blame.

I remember having to disable it on vista before AC would run properly.
Thanks given by:
Oh indeed, you're right. assaultcube.bat wasn't replaced with assaultcube_release.bat (which is the one that has a --home configured) on release.
Thanks given by: