Can't play ac... fucks up my pc..-.-
eh ok... so yesterday ac started doing some weird shit... when I opened the game... I could run around for like 20 seconds... then my fps started falling... and falling... and falling... at the end I was at 6 fps or smth, and then my screen froze. If I manages to close ac, my pc still lags for like 3 minutes, and after that it's just normal... and this happens every fuckin' time... I've tryed to reinstall it, but it was still the same...

so yeah... I would love some help. I'm usually at irc #aftershock .
tnx.
Thanks given by:
1. Clean out all that nasty shit caught in your heatsink and all of your fans.
2. Clean out all that dust caught in your heatsink and all of your fans.
3. Make sure there are no gremlins on your heatsink or on any of your fans.

What am I getting at? PC maintenance. It sounds like something is getting too hot and thus your computer cannot handle the load. If the above is not your problem then update drivers, yada yada.
Thanks given by:
s/heat sync/heat sink :P

Other than that, this might indeed be a heat-related problem. Oh, and needless to say, watch out while cleaning your computer - there's tons of sensitive parts in there.
Thanks given by:
He has a laptop, so that's gonna be pretty impossible for him :L
Update your AMD drivers yopa! :)
Edit: Got him to update them on IRC.
Thanks given by:
^Those posts are way more helpful than this one, but I just restarted my comp when this happened and the problem went away and never came back. :D
Thanks given by:
I regulary clean fans on my laptop, your argument is invalid.

/ontopic download speedfan (or something) and clean your computer. :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 12, 06:38PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I regulary clean fans on my laptop, your argument is invalid.

I meant taking apart a laptop, getting under heatsinks and applying thermal paste to the CPU etc and other things you do with towers.
Thanks given by:
No-one got anything for poor yopa here?
Thanks given by:
It might be good if he told us what happened after he did all the things that people have suggested to him.
Thanks given by:
What computer model?
What video card/chipset?
What operating system?
Did it work ok before?
What did you install or change before things messed up?
Do other games do the same thing? (I have heard rumors that other games exist but have yet to see them)

Try updating video drivers (always make a backup copy of your HDD before making any changes, its like good insurance against disaster)
Thanks given by:
It's kinda ok now... 150 fps... lol... good enough to play ac with... but still not as good as it was...
Thanks given by: